I found this post (http://www.fodors.com/community/canada/suggestions-for-travel-itineraries-in-newfoaundland.cfm) while searching for information on my upcoming trip and the forum looked so friendly and informative I figured I'd post a little about my plans and see if I could get some suggestions and feedback.
I'm in St John's for a conference in June and am going to rent a car for a week afterwards to do a little exploring. I have a friend staying in Tilting (on Fogo Island) who I'd like to visit and since I'm more of a 'slow' traveller, I figured thats as far as I'd go.
I haven't done much research yet, but here a few things I'm planning on seeing:
Besides Tilting (the focus of my prof's PhD), I'm super excited by the new artists residency program (http://www.artscorpfogoisland.ca/) - did I mention I'm an architecture student?
Terra Nova Ntl Park:
I figured this would be a good place to stop for a day or too. HIking, swimming? (too cold in mid-June?). The Malady Head campground looks more my style.
Perhaps a day trip out from Terra Nova? The other post (see above) mentioned Kerley's Harbour, which sounds really neat. A nice place for a hike/picnic and a little sketching?
Would you recommend spending some time on the Avalon peninsula? I'm not a big driver and I will be spending 3 or 4 days on Fogo. I'm only leaving St John's after lunch, so perhaps a short drive on the first day and a place to spend the night?
Thanks for your help and advice,
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 15 Days in Canada - Quebec and Ontário region
- 2 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 3 Victoria BC -What to do; What to watch out for
- 4 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 5 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 6 Adventures in Canada
- 7 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 8 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 9 Does the Easter Bunny visit Canada?
- 10 NYC to Montreal by train
- 11 Camping in Canada: sleeping with bears
- 12 Tent trailer camping tips? Ontario to Nanaimo (Summer 2014) with 2 kids
- 13 Two choices for PEI house for a week; which is better?
- 14 Any reviews of Wildland Tours?
- 15 Where to stay in Banff?
- 16 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 17 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 18 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 19 Transport of cremated remains
- 20 Rockies trip in June.
- 21 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 22 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 23 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 24 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 25 First cut Newfoundland itinerary