I found this post (http://www.fodors.com/community/canada/suggestions-for-travel-itineraries-in-newfoaundland.cfm) while searching for information on my upcoming trip and the forum looked so friendly and informative I figured I'd post a little about my plans and see if I could get some suggestions and feedback.
I'm in St John's for a conference in June and am going to rent a car for a week afterwards to do a little exploring. I have a friend staying in Tilting (on Fogo Island) who I'd like to visit and since I'm more of a 'slow' traveller, I figured thats as far as I'd go.
I haven't done much research yet, but here a few things I'm planning on seeing:
Besides Tilting (the focus of my prof's PhD), I'm super excited by the new artists residency program (http://www.artscorpfogoisland.ca/) - did I mention I'm an architecture student?
Terra Nova Ntl Park:
I figured this would be a good place to stop for a day or too. HIking, swimming? (too cold in mid-June?). The Malady Head campground looks more my style.
Perhaps a day trip out from Terra Nova? The other post (see above) mentioned Kerley's Harbour, which sounds really neat. A nice place for a hike/picnic and a little sketching?
Would you recommend spending some time on the Avalon peninsula? I'm not a big driver and I will be spending 3 or 4 days on Fogo. I'm only leaving St John's after lunch, so perhaps a short drive on the first day and a place to spend the night?
Thanks for your help and advice,
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 lodging in whistler
- 2 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 3 BC or Alberta drives
- 4 Torino in february
- 5 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 6 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast
- 7 My Family Travle Vlog
- 8 Skiing in Whistler
- 9 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 10 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 11 Nova Scotia: Fort Louisbourg?
- 12 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 13 What is famous in canada?
- 14 Looking for fellow travellers
- 15 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 16 Banff conference- 2 days to sightsee
- 17 Pacific Central Rail Station Vancouver--Taxi?
- 18 Boston to Cabot Trail for foliage
- 19 Happy Canada Day
- 20 Calgary plus Canada Rockies- Advice
- 21 Across Canada by Train
- 22 Montreal & Quebec City
- 23 Ottawa in December
- 24 Recommended car hire
- 25 Nova Scotia and Quebec