I found this post (http://www.fodors.com/community/canada/suggestions-for-travel-itineraries-in-newfoaundland.cfm) while searching for information on my upcoming trip and the forum looked so friendly and informative I figured I'd post a little about my plans and see if I could get some suggestions and feedback.
I'm in St John's for a conference in June and am going to rent a car for a week afterwards to do a little exploring. I have a friend staying in Tilting (on Fogo Island) who I'd like to visit and since I'm more of a 'slow' traveller, I figured thats as far as I'd go.
I haven't done much research yet, but here a few things I'm planning on seeing:
Besides Tilting (the focus of my prof's PhD), I'm super excited by the new artists residency program (http://www.artscorpfogoisland.ca/) - did I mention I'm an architecture student?
Terra Nova Ntl Park:
I figured this would be a good place to stop for a day or too. HIking, swimming? (too cold in mid-June?). The Malady Head campground looks more my style.
Perhaps a day trip out from Terra Nova? The other post (see above) mentioned Kerley's Harbour, which sounds really neat. A nice place for a hike/picnic and a little sketching?
Would you recommend spending some time on the Avalon peninsula? I'm not a big driver and I will be spending 3 or 4 days on Fogo. I'm only leaving St John's after lunch, so perhaps a short drive on the first day and a place to spend the night?
Thanks for your help and advice,
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 2 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 3 9 day Itinerary Banff Lake Louise Jasper
- 4 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 5 What are best Caribbean restaurants in Toronto?
- 6 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 7 Detroit to Windsor must do's
- 8 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 9 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 10 Temporary residency in Canada
- 11 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 12 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 13 water filtration
- 14 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 15 Montreal & Quebec Trip Report
- 16 Western Canada in August
- 17 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 18 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 19 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 20 Jasper with two elderly
- 21 Dempster highway in early September
- 22 jasper
- 23 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 24 Toronto-afternoon tea
- 25 BC Ferries Experience Card