I found this post (http://www.fodors.com/community/canada/suggestions-for-travel-itineraries-in-newfoaundland.cfm) while searching for information on my upcoming trip and the forum looked so friendly and informative I figured I'd post a little about my plans and see if I could get some suggestions and feedback.
I'm in St John's for a conference in June and am going to rent a car for a week afterwards to do a little exploring. I have a friend staying in Tilting (on Fogo Island) who I'd like to visit and since I'm more of a 'slow' traveller, I figured thats as far as I'd go.
I haven't done much research yet, but here a few things I'm planning on seeing:
Besides Tilting (the focus of my prof's PhD), I'm super excited by the new artists residency program (http://www.artscorpfogoisland.ca/) - did I mention I'm an architecture student?
Terra Nova Ntl Park:
I figured this would be a good place to stop for a day or too. HIking, swimming? (too cold in mid-June?). The Malady Head campground looks more my style.
Perhaps a day trip out from Terra Nova? The other post (see above) mentioned Kerley's Harbour, which sounds really neat. A nice place for a hike/picnic and a little sketching?
Would you recommend spending some time on the Avalon peninsula? I'm not a big driver and I will be spending 3 or 4 days on Fogo. I'm only leaving St John's after lunch, so perhaps a short drive on the first day and a place to spend the night?
Thanks for your help and advice,
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 2 Rockies trip in June.
- 3 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 4 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 5 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 6 Need tips for this trip
- 7 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 8 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 9 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 10 North Vancouver Island
- 11 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 12 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 13 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 14 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 15 Newfoundland questions
- 16 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 17 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 18 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 19 Itinerary help
- 20 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
- 21 Montreal/Toronto
- 22 Gros Morne hiking
- 23 Victoria for 2 days
- 24 Early Summer Banff/Lake Louise/Field
- 25 Staying in Vancouver