I'm planning a 2 day, 1 night backpacking trip in Jasper and looking to stay in a back country cabin. Preferably a cabin that supplies bedding, but not the whole fancy experience with food and catering, just the middle grade cabins with mattress and a wood stove. It's for two adults, and we're aiming at around 10-15 km per day. It's October, and not much snow out there yet, so this will be an on-foot hike out. We're experienced hikers and backpackers, but have only ever bedded down in tents, so slightly unfamiliar with the best cabins out there. It's for this coming weekend, so pretty short notice, but as this is in between the hiking and skiing seasons, it's usually pretty quiet tourist wise, so we're hoping there will be availability.
If anyone has done a one night stay fitting of my description and could make a recommendation it would be greatly appreciated!
Ps. Primitive cabins are a welcome option as well, just that if we could find one that supplies bedding it would be preferred.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://nitroshredadvice.com/gifted-anti-aging-cream/
- 2 Layover in Toronto
- 3 Travel agencies in Toronto, ON, Canada
- 4 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 5 Icefields Parkway
- 6 Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise, Calgary ITINERARY
- 7 Eastern Canada trip with 3 kids -- advice/itinerary needed
- 8 Driving From Vancouver to Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise all over
- 9 4 Days Vancouver & 5 in Whistler
- 10 Keltic Lodge
- 11 Cat Ferry to Nova Scotia?
- 12 Nature drive in Canada and the U.S.
- 13 Question on Staying on Nova Scotia
- 14 Niagara Falls - 2 Nights Family of 4
- 15 NS and PEI with elderly traveller
- 16 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 17 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 18 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 19 Vancouver to Ft St John/return - summer road trip
- 20 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 21 Banff to Jasper and back
- 22 Canmore for a few days
- 23 The Canadian
- 24 2 weeks ‘corridor’, lowbudget daytrips by public bus, book on the spot?
- 25 Road from Calgary to Whitehorse