I'm planning a 2 day, 1 night backpacking trip in Jasper and looking to stay in a back country cabin. Preferably a cabin that supplies bedding, but not the whole fancy experience with food and catering, just the middle grade cabins with mattress and a wood stove. It's for two adults, and we're aiming at around 10-15 km per day. It's October, and not much snow out there yet, so this will be an on-foot hike out. We're experienced hikers and backpackers, but have only ever bedded down in tents, so slightly unfamiliar with the best cabins out there. It's for this coming weekend, so pretty short notice, but as this is in between the hiking and skiing seasons, it's usually pretty quiet tourist wise, so we're hoping there will be availability.
If anyone has done a one night stay fitting of my description and could make a recommendation it would be greatly appreciated!
Ps. Primitive cabins are a welcome option as well, just that if we could find one that supplies bedding it would be preferred.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Quebec City/Montreal for Christmas
- 2 May2018 Banff accomodations
- 3 romantic dinner in Montreal suggestions
- 4 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 5 Vancouver Island in Winter
- 6 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 7 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 8 Saguenay & Sydney...Anything to See/Do?
- 9 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 10 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 11 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 12 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 13 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 14 going to banff/jasper in may 2018
- 15 BC or Alberta drives
- 16 Torino in february
- 17 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 18 Vancouver to Seattle?
- 19 Canadian Thanksgiving Long Weekend Roadtrip Ideas
- 20 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 21 Skiing in Whistler
- 22 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 23 lodging in whistler
- 24 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 25 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast