I have trawled through a number of similar postings and have come up with a provisional itinerary I would like help with please.
We will be in Vancouver for a conference in July then have 13days for a bit of self-driven travelling.
We will have my wifes parents with us who will be babysitting our 2yo whilst at the conference.
As we have had a week in Vancouver already we want to head east to the Rockies and back as we are wildlife and scenery obsessed. We would love to do some big hikes but will only be able to do short walks with the little one in a backpack so a lot of scenery will be observed en route!! However we will still have our "Babysitters" with us ; )
Our boy is already a seasoned traveller in the car and is very tolerant of being shut up for long trips. However having short walks and kids playgrounds along the way will be great if anyone can recommend some.
Our itinerary is pretty flexible but we want to maximise the amount of time in the national and provincial parks. Here is the current plan in terms of route
Kamloops area (1 night)
Revelstoke (1 night)
Golden (1 night)
Jasper (2 nights)
Banff/Calgary (1 night)
Drumheller (Grandpa wants to see the Rock formations) (1 night)
Cranbrook (1 night)
Nelson (1 night)
Oliver/Penticton (1 night)
+/-Princeton (1 night)
We have an extra night to spend somewhere
We may actually look at doing this in reverse so we can stock up on fruit and wine at the start of the trip and maybe go against the traffic back along the trans-canadian.
We would appreciate some help fine tuning this itinerary as we imagine at this time of year, we are going to have to book accommodation in advance.
We would also appreciate recommendations on places to stay in or near these locations that might have family rooms at a reasonable rate. We are all happy to stay in Backpackers. We were going to hire a campervan but the expense has put us off and we can get a good deal with a large car which will be able to cover the distances quicker as well.
In terms of scenery and time for the return journey from Drumheller should we:
1) Just come back the way we came along the TransCanadian
2) Take highway 22 down to Highway 3 then across
3) Go back through Banff and take Highway 93 down to Cranbrook
4) Go back to Revelstoke and then down Highway 31 or 6 to Nelson (we have been to Nelson before)
Any help as always appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 ₴ ₴ ⌘ ₴ ₴ 카지노사이트 ₴ ₴ ⌘ ₴ ₴ BUS97.COM ₴ ₴ ⌘ ₴ ₴ 토토사이트
- 2 Rocky Mountaineer train vacation
- 3 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 4 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 5 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 6 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 7 9 day Itinerary Banff Lake Louise Jasper
- 8 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 9 Detroit to Windsor must do's
- 10 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 11 Temporary residency in Canada
- 12 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 13 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 14 water filtration
- 15 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 16 Montreal & Quebec Trip Report
- 17 Western Canada in August
- 18 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 19 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 20 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 21 Jasper with two elderly
- 22 Dempster highway in early September
- 23 jasper
- 24 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 25 Toronto-afternoon tea
Itinerary help please for 13 day July trip Canadian Rockies from Vancouver