This is our initial itinerary for a 17 day holiday which MUST commence on 11th October 2013. We cannot change that date. We understand the only possibility of decent fall colours at that time is in Southern New England or along the coast so we spend the 1st few days in that area. Then to NH & VT and onto Boston, Niagara Falls and Montreal. (Yes, we have omitted Toronto, but hopefully for another trip. Montreal really appeals to us.)
Any and all comments, suggestions, thoughts, must do’s / must sees, and help very much appreciated.
Oct. 11 - Fly to Boston (Arriving 17.00 from Norwich UK via Amsterdam using Delta/KLM)
Collect Hire car & drive to Cape Cod area for night
Oct. 12 - (Saturday) Cape Cod or Southern New England (Hotel Cape Cod or Southern New England)
Oct. 13 - (Sunday) Cape Cod or Southern New England (Hotel Cape Cod or Southern New England)
Oct. 14 - (Columbus Day) Southern New England or Mass. (Hotel Mass. or Coastal Maine)
Oct. 15 - Coastal Maine (Hotel Coastal Maine)
Oct. 16 - New Hampshire (Hotel NH)
Oct. 17 - NH - White Mountains / Kancamagus Highway (Hotel NH)
Oct. 18 - New Hampshire or Vermont (Hotel NH or Vermont)
Oct. 19 - (Saturday) Vermont – Green Mountains (Hotel Vermont)
Oct. 20 - (Sunday) Vermont (Hotel Vermont)
Oct. 21 - Travel to Boston, drop Rental Car – (Hotel Boston)
Oct. 22 - Boston – (Hotel Boston)
Oct. 23 - Boston – (Hotel Boston)
Oct. 24 - Fly from Boston (Depart 14.20) to Toronto (Arrive 16.06) - This flight is ‘part and parcel’ of the ‘multi-flights’ with Delta/KLM and is practically a ‘freebie’. It ‘saves’ the possible ‘2 hour plus’ delay at the USA/Canada border near Niagara, (though obviously we’ll be sitting in the airport instead!) and the flight only takes 75 minutes.
‘PROBLEM’: To get from Toronto Airport to Niagara Falls ON (Hotel NF)
Oct. 25 - Niagara Falls ON - (Hotel NF)
Oct. 26 - ‘PROBLEM’: To get from NF to Toronto Airport
‘PROBLEM’: Fly from Toronto Airport to Montreal – This is NOT part and parcel of the ‘multi-flights’ and for some reason costs an additional $1,600. Seems we can get a separate internal flight with Air Canada, West jet or similar for $130 (so slightly cheaper!) - (Hotel Montreal)
Oct. 27 - Montreal - (Hotel Montreal)
Oct. 28 - Montreal - (Hotel Montreal)
Oct. 29 - Fly home from Montreal – (Depart Montreal 20.00 using Delta/KLM)
We would like to go on a whale watching tour at some point. Finally, any help on choice of hotels (assuming it’s possible within the sites rules) would be appreciated. CLEANLINESS IS BY FAR THE MAIN CONCERN. A decent breakfast and a TV would be good too . . . . . . . . . Oh! And a bed, I guess a bed would be handy . . . .
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Toronto - Last Minute Ideas
- 2 Activity Suggestions for Quebec City + Montreal for 10 days
- 3 Best places in Toronto
- 4 Tweak itinerary for Canadian Rockies
- 5 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 6 Victoria, Canada
- 7 Day trip from Toronto to 1000 Islands
- 8 Planning a trip to 1000 Islands
- 9 Is it too late to plan Banff & Jasper for this July?
- 10 Newfoundland in early June
- 11 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 12 Think a horsey ride is a good idea?
- 13 Vancouver/Seattle Trip
- 14 HELP: Winnipeg to Grand Forks,ND
- 15 Toronto to N.F. to Buffalo without a car. Need help.
- 16 Nova Scotia in July
- 17 Cape Breton in early June
- 18 Magdalen Islands in early June
- 19 Magdalen Islands
- 20 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 21 How to break the drive from Montreal to Niagara falls?
- 22 Passport question for Int flight
- 23 Banff Jasper Itinerary Help - Need ASAP Married Couple 9 days
- 24 Itinerary for 10 day Maritime trip
- 25 Icefields Parkway