This is our initial itinerary for a 17 day holiday which MUST commence on 11th October 2013. We cannot change that date. We understand the only possibility of decent fall colours at that time is in Southern New England or along the coast so we spend the 1st few days in that area. Then to NH & VT and onto Boston, Niagara Falls and Montreal. (Yes, we have omitted Toronto, but hopefully for another trip. Montreal really appeals to us.)
Any and all comments, suggestions, thoughts, must do’s / must sees, and help very much appreciated.
Oct. 11 - Fly to Boston (Arriving 17.00 from Norwich UK via Amsterdam using Delta/KLM)
Collect Hire car & drive to Cape Cod area for night
Oct. 12 - (Saturday) Cape Cod or Southern New England (Hotel Cape Cod or Southern New England)
Oct. 13 - (Sunday) Cape Cod or Southern New England (Hotel Cape Cod or Southern New England)
Oct. 14 - (Columbus Day) Southern New England or Mass. (Hotel Mass. or Coastal Maine)
Oct. 15 - Coastal Maine (Hotel Coastal Maine)
Oct. 16 - New Hampshire (Hotel NH)
Oct. 17 - NH - White Mountains / Kancamagus Highway (Hotel NH)
Oct. 18 - New Hampshire or Vermont (Hotel NH or Vermont)
Oct. 19 - (Saturday) Vermont – Green Mountains (Hotel Vermont)
Oct. 20 - (Sunday) Vermont (Hotel Vermont)
Oct. 21 - Travel to Boston, drop Rental Car – (Hotel Boston)
Oct. 22 - Boston – (Hotel Boston)
Oct. 23 - Boston – (Hotel Boston)
Oct. 24 - Fly from Boston (Depart 14.20) to Toronto (Arrive 16.06) - This flight is ‘part and parcel’ of the ‘multi-flights’ with Delta/KLM and is practically a ‘freebie’. It ‘saves’ the possible ‘2 hour plus’ delay at the USA/Canada border near Niagara, (though obviously we’ll be sitting in the airport instead!) and the flight only takes 75 minutes.
‘PROBLEM’: To get from Toronto Airport to Niagara Falls ON (Hotel NF)
Oct. 25 - Niagara Falls ON - (Hotel NF)
Oct. 26 - ‘PROBLEM’: To get from NF to Toronto Airport
‘PROBLEM’: Fly from Toronto Airport to Montreal – This is NOT part and parcel of the ‘multi-flights’ and for some reason costs an additional $1,600. Seems we can get a separate internal flight with Air Canada, West jet or similar for $130 (so slightly cheaper!) - (Hotel Montreal)
Oct. 27 - Montreal - (Hotel Montreal)
Oct. 28 - Montreal - (Hotel Montreal)
Oct. 29 - Fly home from Montreal – (Depart Montreal 20.00 using Delta/KLM)
We would like to go on a whale watching tour at some point. Finally, any help on choice of hotels (assuming it’s possible within the sites rules) would be appreciated. CLEANLINESS IS BY FAR THE MAIN CONCERN. A decent breakfast and a TV would be good too . . . . . . . . . Oh! And a bed, I guess a bed would be handy . . . .
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Halifax Nova Scotia to Peggy's Cove
- 2 Feedback on itinerary - Mid October Banff/Lake Louise/jasper
- 3 Quebec City
- 4 Family ski holiday
- 5 First Time Trip To Canada!!
- 6 Vancouver and Victoria recommendations
- 7 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 8 Please help with BC itinerary
- 9 Travel through Chicago
- 10 Vancouver hotel question
- 11 Banff in October
- 12 Vancouver First Timer - What to do, see?
- 13 Toronto or Quebec City?
- 14 Niagara Falls in Oct
- 15 quebec city and wine route
- 16 Montreal, Quebec City and Vermont
- 17 A week in Eastern Newfoundland
- 18 2016 East Canada Road Trip
- 19 Gypsy Guide to Driving the Icefield Parkway
- 20 Victoria?
- 21 Fishing Canada. Opinions and Rec's much needed.
- 22 Nova Scotia vs Newfoundland
- 23 Calgary
- 24 Calgary-Banff-Lake Louise-Jasper - Edmonton
- 25 St John's to Fogo Island : need a half way stop.