My wife and I are planning a vacation to Alberta in October. We managed to gets some really low mile frequent flier tickets and are planning the trip around them. We fly into Calgary the night of October 19 and out the morning of October 29. At this point, I have a car rented and have a hotel near the airport for the first night.
We'd like to spend most of our time exploring the parks. We're big hikers and love the outdoors. We also like interesting local restaurants, brewpubs, vineyards, etc. We tend to like smaller places for lodging and plan to stay in lodges or B&B's.
My initial plan was to try and hit Jasper, Banff and Glacier (in Montana, not Canada). My thoughts were to drive to Jasper, spend three nights there, then drive down to Glacier. After spending three nights there, we'd drive back to Banff for the last three nights (leaving us reasonably close to the airport for our morning flight).
I'd love any general itinerary suggestions... should we skip Glacier and spend more time in the Canadian parks? Are there other things we shouldn't miss? Great hikes, places to stay, restaurants?
I'm still combing the other posts... and have found some great info.
Thanks in advance!
Itinerary Help - Alberta - Banff/Jasper/Glacier
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vancouver hotel Times Square Suites
- 2 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 3 1st time traveler through Canada in April
- 4 Rockies trip in June.
- 5 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 6 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 7 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 8 Need tips for this trip
- 9 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 10 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 11 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 12 North Vancouver Island
- 13 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 14 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 15 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 16 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 17 Newfoundland questions
- 18 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 19 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 20 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 21 Itinerary help
- 22 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
- 23 Montreal/Toronto
- 24 Gros Morne hiking
- 25 Victoria for 2 days