My wife and I are planning a vacation to Alberta in October. We managed to gets some really low mile frequent flier tickets and are planning the trip around them. We fly into Calgary the night of October 19 and out the morning of October 29. At this point, I have a car rented and have a hotel near the airport for the first night.
We'd like to spend most of our time exploring the parks. We're big hikers and love the outdoors. We also like interesting local restaurants, brewpubs, vineyards, etc. We tend to like smaller places for lodging and plan to stay in lodges or B&B's.
My initial plan was to try and hit Jasper, Banff and Glacier (in Montana, not Canada). My thoughts were to drive to Jasper, spend three nights there, then drive down to Glacier. After spending three nights there, we'd drive back to Banff for the last three nights (leaving us reasonably close to the airport for our morning flight).
I'd love any general itinerary suggestions... should we skip Glacier and spend more time in the Canadian parks? Are there other things we shouldn't miss? Great hikes, places to stay, restaurants?
I'm still combing the other posts... and have found some great info.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 BUY PASSPORTS,DRIVERS LICENSES,ID CARDS,BIRTH CERTIFICATES, GREEN CARD
- 2 HOW I SLEPT WITH MY WIFE’S COUSIN
- 3 Toronto On-demand delivery for tourists
- 4 Honeymoon in Canada. SUGGESTIONS?
- 5 BrITISH COLUMBIA IN 4 DAYS
- 6 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 7 pure slim 365 contains satiereal
- 8 need accommodation suggestions for Banff and Jasper
- 9 Banff conference- 2 days to sightsee
- 10 Nova Scotia and Quebec
- 11 7 Day Trip to PEI and Cape Breton Islands with Vegetarian Options
- 12 Best Jasper Campground
- 13 Freedom of speech in reviews
- 14 RV trip Calgary to Vancouver
- 15 Car Rental from Montreal to Boston
- 16 Victoria in December
- 17 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 18 Opportunity for business loan
- 19 BEWARE! - CAR RENTAL NIGHTMARE! London, Ontario
- 20 Road trip from Minneapolis to Ontario.. suggestions for 91yr old
- 21 Nova Scotia - October
- 22 Smoke at Banff and Jasper?
- 23 Low Altitude Mountain Destinations
- 24 Across Canada by Train
- 25 Mont Tremblant attractions