We are two fairly sedentary professors in our early 60s and one not so sedentary Bernese Mountain dog, planning a road trip to New Brunswick and maybe PEI in August, for approximately a week to 10 days. Our starting point is Portland, Maine where we live. We did a much longer trip of this sort some years ago, taking the ferry from Maine to Yarmouth, NS (which is no longer an option) and then on to Cape Breton & Cap Pele, NB (near Shediac) & then back home via Fundy National Park, Saint John, NB, St. Andrew NB & then back into Maine. Without the ferry, we are looking at a sizable amount of driving. The catch is we want to take a road trip but don't want to drive more than approx 3 hours a day, 2 would be even better. We would like to go to some part of NB we haven't been to before, but preferably like Cap Pele where the gulf stream makes the water warm. We thought about PEI but it is far and not so warm, I think. Any suggestions for an 8 day plus itinerary? We know from experience that finding pet friendly lodging is not a problem.
Itinerary for 8 days or more from Portland, Maine to New Brunswick. Canada
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 HELP revamping Nova Scotia trip due to illness
- 2 10 Day Trip to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick
- 3 Weather in Quebec City end of October
- 4 sample itinerary for multi-generational family to Canadian Rockies in July
- 5 iPhone in Canada
- 6 Searching for the `Northern Lights`
- 7 Canada in winter
- 8 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 9 Mackenzie/Prince George BC - Safety & Car info needed
- 10 Is Thanksgiving too early for Whistler?
- 11 Northern Lights
- 12 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 13 Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI and Newfoundland in 7-9 days?
- 14 how to search for owls in winter
- 15 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 16 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 17 Relaxing Honeymoon
- 18 What do you think of Boston to Ottawa trip?
- 19 7 Days in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 20 Victoria Dining
- 21 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 22 Are plug adaptors needed?
- 23 Fall Montreal weekend with 11-year-old daughter
- 24 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 25 The Canadian - Toronto to Vancouver by Train - Part 1