We are two fairly sedentary professors in our early 60s and one not so sedentary Bernese Mountain dog, planning a road trip to New Brunswick and maybe PEI in August, for approximately a week to 10 days. Our starting point is Portland, Maine where we live. We did a much longer trip of this sort some years ago, taking the ferry from Maine to Yarmouth, NS (which is no longer an option) and then on to Cape Breton & Cap Pele, NB (near Shediac) & then back home via Fundy National Park, Saint John, NB, St. Andrew NB & then back into Maine. Without the ferry, we are looking at a sizable amount of driving. The catch is we want to take a road trip but don't want to drive more than approx 3 hours a day, 2 would be even better. We would like to go to some part of NB we haven't been to before, but preferably like Cap Pele where the gulf stream makes the water warm. We thought about PEI but it is far and not so warm, I think. Any suggestions for an 8 day plus itinerary? We know from experience that finding pet friendly lodging is not a problem.
Itinerary for 8 days or more from Portland, Maine to New Brunswick. Canada
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Rockies trip in June.
- 2 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 3 BUCKET LIST TRIP ACROSS CANADA
- 4 1st time traveler through Canada in April
- 5 Vancouver hotel Times Square Suites
- 6 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 7 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 8 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 9 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 10 Need tips for this trip
- 11 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 12 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 13 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 14 North Vancouver Island
- 15 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 16 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 17 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 18 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 19 Newfoundland questions
- 20 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 21 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 22 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 23 Itinerary help
- 24 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
- 25 Montreal/Toronto