We are two fairly sedentary professors in our early 60s and one not so sedentary Bernese Mountain dog, planning a road trip to New Brunswick and maybe PEI in August, for approximately a week to 10 days. Our starting point is Portland, Maine where we live. We did a much longer trip of this sort some years ago, taking the ferry from Maine to Yarmouth, NS (which is no longer an option) and then on to Cape Breton & Cap Pele, NB (near Shediac) & then back home via Fundy National Park, Saint John, NB, St. Andrew NB & then back into Maine. Without the ferry, we are looking at a sizable amount of driving. The catch is we want to take a road trip but don't want to drive more than approx 3 hours a day, 2 would be even better. We would like to go to some part of NB we haven't been to before, but preferably like Cap Pele where the gulf stream makes the water warm. We thought about PEI but it is far and not so warm, I think. Any suggestions for an 8 day plus itinerary? We know from experience that finding pet friendly lodging is not a problem.
Itinerary for 8 days or more from Portland, Maine to New Brunswick. Canada
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 iPhone in Canada
- 2 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 3 Victoria Dining
- 4 Lake Louise/Jasper trip report
- 5 Christmas Day in Quebec City
- 6 Is anyone has visited eagle lake in ontario
- 7 Quebec City trip.report
- 8 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 9 Family holiday in Canada ( winter)..accommodation in Montana and Idaho too!
- 10 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 11 Quebic City or Montreal
- 12 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 13 ft nelson bc
- 14 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 15 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 16 Happy Thanksgiving!!!
- 17 Niagara Falls October 10-12
- 18 canada in the winter?
- 19 Canada in winter
- 20 10 Day Trip to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick
- 21 Banff - Jasper weekend itinerary October
- 22 HELP revamping Nova Scotia trip due to illness
- 23 Telegraph cove
- 24 trip report rockies
- 25 Bringing mountain bike on flight to Can Cun.