Hello fodor's helpers. Is Tofino the best home base for 3 or 4 nights to explore Vancouver Island by car? We will have spent 2 or 3 nights in Victoria and will be driving to Vancouver, Jasper and Banff afterwards. We want to be in or near a town with good dining options. We are 2 active 60 year old women who plan to swim, kayak, hike, ride horses, and bike, interspersed with leisurely lunches and cocktails and fine dining at the end of the day. Also, if during our 3 weeks in Canada, we want to visit wineries and overnight nearby, would you recommend Okanagan Valley or Cowichan Valley near Victoria? Are there organized winery tours from Victoria into Cowichan Valley? (Don't want to sample wine and then drive.) Thanks in advance. I'm addicted to reading these forums -- a wealth of info!
Is Tofino the best home base to explore Vancouver Island?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Original novelty passports Drivers License Id card visa Diploma
- 2 Thousand Islands
- 3 Rockies to Vancouver
- 4 Toronto: where to stay?
- 5 My first visit to Montreal(Canada in general), going solo!
- 6 Rockies in Winter for a non skiier - review of accommodation and tours
- 7 How long to connect in Toronto?
- 8 Coach class Canadian Via
- 9 Honeymoon destination
- 10 Confused about VIA rail options - upper berth, cabin?
- 11 season greetings
- 12 Taxi Stand near Saint Jean Baptiste in Montreal
- 13 December activities for kids in downtown Toronto?
- 14 Alberta????
- 15 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 16 moving from Saskatchewan - choices
- 17 Ottawa and Montreal New Years
- 18 Wifi rental
- 19 Your favorite travel web sites?
- 20 Short term lodging
- 21 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 22 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 23 Vancouver island or Northern West
- 24 Vancouver top restaurant
- 25 Montreal Entertainment