I am planning to arrive to Toronto in the end of September and be in Ontario for 10 days that includes the day of arrival to Toronto (YYZ airport) and departure from the same airport back to the US. We decided to concentrate on Toronto, Ottawa and Kingston – 1000 islands area.
We were at Niagara Falls area (American and Canadian side) a few years ago and also stayed for a few days in Montreal and Quebec City during another trip.
Here is what we are planning to do:
Day 1. Arrive to Toronto YYZ airport around 4 PM. Stay in Toronto for 5 nights – 4 full days.
Day 2, 3, 4, 5 Explore Toronto: CN Tower, Art Gallery of Ontario, Royal Ontario Museum, Old Town, Queen’s Park, Dundas Square Area, The Annex, Chinatown, Queen West, Markets and Historic Distillery District. Also Harbourfront and maybe take a ferry to the Toronto Islands.
Day 6. Rent a car in town and drive to Ottawa. Stay in Ottawa for 3 nights – 2 full days.
Day 7, 8 – Explore Ottawa and the Gatineau Park in Quebec: Parliament Hill and area, National Gallery of Canada, ByWard Market, Scenic drives and walks around Ottawa (Sussex Drive and Rockcliffe Parkway, Gatineau Park).
Day 9 – Drive from Ottawa to Gananoque and take a scenic boat tour out of Gananoque. Continue to Kingston. Stay overnight in Kingston.
Day 10 – Drive from Kingston to Toronto Airport (YYZ). Drop a car at the airport and catch a 4 PM flight back to the US.
What do you think about this itinerary?
Is 4 days in Toronto, about 2+ days in Ottawa, probably evening and morning in Kingston a good split?
According to MapQuest the distance between Kingston and Toronto airport can be covered within 3 hours even with some traffic. What time would you recommend me to leave Kingston to have time to drop the car, reach the terminal, get through customs, etc.?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Max Testo XL
- 2 My Topic Titlehttp://www.healthoffersreview.info/rejuvonus-fr/
- 3 What are best Caribbean restaurants in Toronto?
- 4 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 5 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 6 Detroit to Windsor must do's
- 7 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 8 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 9 Temporary residency in Canada
- 10 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 11 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 12 water filtration
- 13 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 14 Montreal & Quebec Trip Report
- 15 Western Canada in August
- 16 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 17 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 18 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 19 Jasper with two elderly
- 20 Dempster highway in early September
- 21 jasper
- 22 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 23 Toronto-afternoon tea
- 24 BC Ferries Experience Card
- 25 Banff, and Glacier National Park