I am planning to arrive to Toronto in the end of September and be in Ontario for 10 days that includes the day of arrival to Toronto (YYZ airport) and departure from the same airport back to the US. We decided to concentrate on Toronto, Ottawa and Kingston – 1000 islands area.
We were at Niagara Falls area (American and Canadian side) a few years ago and also stayed for a few days in Montreal and Quebec City during another trip.
Here is what we are planning to do:
Day 1. Arrive to Toronto YYZ airport around 4 PM. Stay in Toronto for 5 nights – 4 full days.
Day 2, 3, 4, 5 Explore Toronto: CN Tower, Art Gallery of Ontario, Royal Ontario Museum, Old Town, Queen’s Park, Dundas Square Area, The Annex, Chinatown, Queen West, Markets and Historic Distillery District. Also Harbourfront and maybe take a ferry to the Toronto Islands.
Day 6. Rent a car in town and drive to Ottawa. Stay in Ottawa for 3 nights – 2 full days.
Day 7, 8 – Explore Ottawa and the Gatineau Park in Quebec: Parliament Hill and area, National Gallery of Canada, ByWard Market, Scenic drives and walks around Ottawa (Sussex Drive and Rockcliffe Parkway, Gatineau Park).
Day 9 – Drive from Ottawa to Gananoque and take a scenic boat tour out of Gananoque. Continue to Kingston. Stay overnight in Kingston.
Day 10 – Drive from Kingston to Toronto Airport (YYZ). Drop a car at the airport and catch a 4 PM flight back to the US.
What do you think about this itinerary?
Is 4 days in Toronto, about 2+ days in Ottawa, probably evening and morning in Kingston a good split?
According to MapQuest the distance between Kingston and Toronto airport can be covered within 3 hours even with some traffic. What time would you recommend me to leave Kingston to have time to drop the car, reach the terminal, get through customs, etc.?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 2 Victoria, Canada
- 3 Day trip from Toronto to 1000 Islands
- 4 Planning a trip to 1000 Islands
- 5 Is it too late to plan Banff & Jasper for this July?
- 6 Tweak itinerary for Canadian Rockies
- 7 Newfoundland in early June
- 8 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 9 Think a horsey ride is a good idea?
- 10 Vancouver/Seattle Trip
- 11 HELP: Winnipeg to Grand Forks,ND
- 12 Toronto to N.F. to Buffalo without a car. Need help.
- 13 Nova Scotia in July
- 14 Cape Breton in early June
- 15 Magdalen Islands in early June
- 16 Magdalen Islands
- 17 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 18 How to break the drive from Montreal to Niagara falls?
- 19 Passport question for Int flight
- 20 Banff Jasper Itinerary Help - Need ASAP Married Couple 9 days
- 21 Itinerary for 10 day Maritime trip
- 22 Icefields Parkway
- 23 3 Nights in Cape Breton
- 24 Parking in Niagara & Toronto
- 25 Itinerary Needed for Pacific NW, Canadian Rockies & Vancouver