I am planning to arrive to Toronto in the end of September and be in Ontario for 10 days that includes the day of arrival to Toronto (YYZ airport) and departure from the same airport back to the US. We decided to concentrate on Toronto, Ottawa and Kingston – 1000 islands area.
We were at Niagara Falls area (American and Canadian side) a few years ago and also stayed for a few days in Montreal and Quebec City during another trip.
Here is what we are planning to do:
Day 1. Arrive to Toronto YYZ airport around 4 PM. Stay in Toronto for 5 nights – 4 full days.
Day 2, 3, 4, 5 Explore Toronto: CN Tower, Art Gallery of Ontario, Royal Ontario Museum, Old Town, Queen’s Park, Dundas Square Area, The Annex, Chinatown, Queen West, Markets and Historic Distillery District. Also Harbourfront and maybe take a ferry to the Toronto Islands.
Day 6. Rent a car in town and drive to Ottawa. Stay in Ottawa for 3 nights – 2 full days.
Day 7, 8 – Explore Ottawa and the Gatineau Park in Quebec: Parliament Hill and area, National Gallery of Canada, ByWard Market, Scenic drives and walks around Ottawa (Sussex Drive and Rockcliffe Parkway, Gatineau Park).
Day 9 – Drive from Ottawa to Gananoque and take a scenic boat tour out of Gananoque. Continue to Kingston. Stay overnight in Kingston.
Day 10 – Drive from Kingston to Toronto Airport (YYZ). Drop a car at the airport and catch a 4 PM flight back to the US.
What do you think about this itinerary?
Is 4 days in Toronto, about 2+ days in Ottawa, probably evening and morning in Kingston a good split?
According to MapQuest the distance between Kingston and Toronto airport can be covered within 3 hours even with some traffic. What time would you recommend me to leave Kingston to have time to drop the car, reach the terminal, get through customs, etc.?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 BROTHER PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT Tec*h care YES!
- 2 EPSON printer 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT EPSON Tec*h 24/7 call!
- 3 Quebec City/Montreal for Christmas
- 4 I'm new here
- 5 J-n-K Services, Inc.
- 6 May2018 Banff accomodations
- 7 romantic dinner in Montreal suggestions
- 8 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 9 Vancouver Island in Winter
- 10 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 11 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 12 Saguenay & Sydney...Anything to See/Do?
- 13 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 14 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 15 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 16 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 17 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 18 going to banff/jasper in may 2018
- 19 BC or Alberta drives
- 20 Torino in february
- 21 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 22 Vancouver to Seattle?
- 23 Canadian Thanksgiving Long Weekend Roadtrip Ideas
- 24 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 25 Skiing in Whistler