My husband and I will be visiting Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper area (7 nights total) in August. Two of the days are in Lake Louise. We were considering taking the bus to Lake O'hara (and do realize we have to book exactly 3 months ahead). We are in our 60's and could only hike about 2 or so miles. Is it worth it to do this, or do we need to be more avid hikers to do it justice and see the best of it? When I talked on the phone to a Yoho Park person, it sounded like the Lodge wasn't the type place where people hang out before or after hiking, since the bus schedule will have us there for 3 hours. If we added on lunch at the Lodge, is it expensive and if not, I guess it requires a reservation? We are only in the Lake Louise area 2 days and perhaps we will have plenty to see as it is??? Thanks for any insight!
Info about Visiting Yoho's Lake O'Hara, please!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 2 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 3 Need tips for this trip
- 4 Rockies trip in June.
- 5 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 6 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 7 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 8 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 9 North Vancouver Island
- 10 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 11 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 12 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 13 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 14 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 15 Newfoundland questions
- 16 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 17 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 18 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 19 Itinerary help
- 20 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
- 21 Montreal/Toronto
- 22 Gros Morne hiking
- 23 Victoria for 2 days
- 24 Early Summer Banff/Lake Louise/Field
- 25 Staying in Vancouver