My husband and I will be visiting Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper area (7 nights total) in August. Two of the days are in Lake Louise. We were considering taking the bus to Lake O'hara (and do realize we have to book exactly 3 months ahead). We are in our 60's and could only hike about 2 or so miles. Is it worth it to do this, or do we need to be more avid hikers to do it justice and see the best of it? When I talked on the phone to a Yoho Park person, it sounded like the Lodge wasn't the type place where people hang out before or after hiking, since the bus schedule will have us there for 3 hours. If we added on lunch at the Lodge, is it expensive and if not, I guess it requires a reservation? We are only in the Lake Louise area 2 days and perhaps we will have plenty to see as it is??? Thanks for any insight!
Info about Visiting Yoho's Lake O'Hara, please!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 season greetings
- 2 Confused about VIA rail options - upper berth, cabin?
- 3 Taxi Stand near Saint Jean Baptiste in Montreal
- 4 December activities for kids in downtown Toronto?
- 5 Toronto: where to stay?
- 6 Alberta????
- 7 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 8 moving from Saskatchewan - choices
- 9 Ottawa and Montreal New Years
- 10 Wifi rental
- 11 Your favorite travel web sites?
- 12 Short term lodging
- 13 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 14 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 15 Vancouver island or Northern West
- 16 Vancouver top restaurant
- 17 Montreal Entertainment
- 18 Heli skiing in March
- 19 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 20 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 21 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 22 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 23 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 24 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 25 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise