My husband and I will be visiting Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper area (7 nights total) in August. Two of the days are in Lake Louise. We were considering taking the bus to Lake O'hara (and do realize we have to book exactly 3 months ahead). We are in our 60's and could only hike about 2 or so miles. Is it worth it to do this, or do we need to be more avid hikers to do it justice and see the best of it? When I talked on the phone to a Yoho Park person, it sounded like the Lodge wasn't the type place where people hang out before or after hiking, since the bus schedule will have us there for 3 hours. If we added on lunch at the Lodge, is it expensive and if not, I guess it requires a reservation? We are only in the Lake Louise area 2 days and perhaps we will have plenty to see as it is??? Thanks for any insight!
Info about Visiting Yoho's Lake O'Hara, please!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 HELP revamping Nova Scotia trip due to illness
- 2 10 Day Trip to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick
- 3 Weather in Quebec City end of October
- 4 sample itinerary for multi-generational family to Canadian Rockies in July
- 5 iPhone in Canada
- 6 Searching for the `Northern Lights`
- 7 Canada in winter
- 8 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 9 Mackenzie/Prince George BC - Safety & Car info needed
- 10 Is Thanksgiving too early for Whistler?
- 11 Northern Lights
- 12 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 13 Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI and Newfoundland in 7-9 days?
- 14 how to search for owls in winter
- 15 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 16 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 17 Relaxing Honeymoon
- 18 What do you think of Boston to Ottawa trip?
- 19 7 Days in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 20 Victoria Dining
- 21 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 22 Are plug adaptors needed?
- 23 Fall Montreal weekend with 11-year-old daughter
- 24 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 25 The Canadian - Toronto to Vancouver by Train - Part 1