My husband and I will be visiting Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper area (7 nights total) in August. Two of the days are in Lake Louise. We were considering taking the bus to Lake O'hara (and do realize we have to book exactly 3 months ahead). We are in our 60's and could only hike about 2 or so miles. Is it worth it to do this, or do we need to be more avid hikers to do it justice and see the best of it? When I talked on the phone to a Yoho Park person, it sounded like the Lodge wasn't the type place where people hang out before or after hiking, since the bus schedule will have us there for 3 hours. If we added on lunch at the Lodge, is it expensive and if not, I guess it requires a reservation? We are only in the Lake Louise area 2 days and perhaps we will have plenty to see as it is??? Thanks for any insight!
Info about Visiting Yoho's Lake O'Hara, please!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 2 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 3 NYC to Montreal by train
- 4 Two choices for PEI house for a week; which is better?
- 5 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 6 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 7 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 8 Where to stay in Banff?
- 9 Transport of cremated remains
- 10 Rockies trip in June.
- 11 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 12 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 13 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 14 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 15 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 16 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 17 First cut Newfoundland itinerary
- 18 7 Days in Newfoundland
- 19 boarder crossing question
- 20 Best Areas to Stay in Montreal
- 21 Calgary hotel help needed
- 22 Air Canada vs Westjet for flight to Barbados from Toronto
- 23 a week in St John's, NL
- 24 Where to go with grandson in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick , PEI
- 25 graduation in Vancouver