I posted here several days ago about hotels, and several months ago about visiting Ottawa. Everyone who responded has been very helpful & we are now finalizing our vacation plans. After we visit relatives in Toronto, we have 5 night/6 days to vacation. We plan on visiting the Thousand Islands after we leave Ottawa, & before we drive home to Massachusetts. I'm still not sure how many days/nights to spend in Ottawa. We could either stay 4 nights in Ottawa and 1 night in Thousand Islands (either Gananoque or Kingston); or 3 nights in Ottawa & 2 nights in Thousand Islands. We will drive from Toronto to Ottawa, which I believe is a 5-hour drive, so I assume we would arrive mid-afternoon, & then have 2 full days after our arrival day if we spend 3 nights. Or 3 full days if we stay 4 nights. Which plan is better?
Still haven't decided if we should stay in Kingston or Gananoque. I think Gananoque would be a little bit closer for us to drive back to MA. I know from my previous post more people seemed to recommend Kingston. Any more thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Newfoundland by Public Transit! Can't Be Done!
- 2 Montreal Quebec road trip with kids
- 3 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 4 Two week taster
- 5 Is it possible to drive to Nunavut?
- 6 Part Montreal, Part ?? 9 days
- 7 Fairmont Queen Elizabeth or Hotel Le St. James
- 8 Need help with Banff and Jasper Trip planning
- 9 Area between Montreal and Lake Champlain, VT
- 10 Itinerary help needed: Seattle, Olympic National Park,Victorian Vancouver
- 11 Translink and itinerary questions
- 12 Driving the Cabot Trail
- 13 Montreal Restaurants
- 14 Victoria Island
- 15 Traveling with your bike
- 16 Would love to hear thoughts on Nova Scotia, NB and a dip into Maine
- 17 Halifax/PE in 6 nights
- 18 Bay of Fundy
- 19 Buying on Road Trip US>Canada>US
- 20 Banff/Yoho/Kootenay/Jasper Travelers Advice Please
- 21 Icebergs, Whales, Puffins and Potholes - A Newfoundland Adventure
- 22 First Hikes - Flatlanders
- 23 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 24 4 days in Montreal
- 25 Two Wonderful Weeks in the Maritimes