I posted here several days ago about hotels, and several months ago about visiting Ottawa. Everyone who responded has been very helpful & we are now finalizing our vacation plans. After we visit relatives in Toronto, we have 5 night/6 days to vacation. We plan on visiting the Thousand Islands after we leave Ottawa, & before we drive home to Massachusetts. I'm still not sure how many days/nights to spend in Ottawa. We could either stay 4 nights in Ottawa and 1 night in Thousand Islands (either Gananoque or Kingston); or 3 nights in Ottawa & 2 nights in Thousand Islands. We will drive from Toronto to Ottawa, which I believe is a 5-hour drive, so I assume we would arrive mid-afternoon, & then have 2 full days after our arrival day if we spend 3 nights. Or 3 full days if we stay 4 nights. Which plan is better?
Still haven't decided if we should stay in Kingston or Gananoque. I think Gananoque would be a little bit closer for us to drive back to MA. I know from my previous post more people seemed to recommend Kingston. Any more thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://www.menshealthfact.com/cognishield/
- 2 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 3 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 4 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 5 Temporary residency in Canada
- 6 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 7 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 8 water filtration
- 9 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 10 Montreal & Quebec Trip Report
- 11 Western Canada in August
- 12 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 13 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 14 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 15 Jasper with two elderly
- 16 Dempster highway in early September
- 17 jasper
- 18 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 19 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 20 Toronto-afternoon tea
- 21 BC Ferries Experience Card
- 22 Banff, and Glacier National Park
- 23 Canadian Layover - OVI deemed Inadmissable
- 24 Pearson Canada Customs from Boston
- 25 Whistler Shuttle Bus