I posted here several days ago about hotels, and several months ago about visiting Ottawa. Everyone who responded has been very helpful & we are now finalizing our vacation plans. After we visit relatives in Toronto, we have 5 night/6 days to vacation. We plan on visiting the Thousand Islands after we leave Ottawa, & before we drive home to Massachusetts. I'm still not sure how many days/nights to spend in Ottawa. We could either stay 4 nights in Ottawa and 1 night in Thousand Islands (either Gananoque or Kingston); or 3 nights in Ottawa & 2 nights in Thousand Islands. We will drive from Toronto to Ottawa, which I believe is a 5-hour drive, so I assume we would arrive mid-afternoon, & then have 2 full days after our arrival day if we spend 3 nights. Or 3 full days if we stay 4 nights. Which plan is better?
Still haven't decided if we should stay in Kingston or Gananoque. I think Gananoque would be a little bit closer for us to drive back to MA. I know from my previous post more people seemed to recommend Kingston. Any more thoughts?
How long to stay in Ottawa?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 send free sms to canada
- 2 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 3 1st time traveler through Canada in April
- 4 Rockies trip in June.
- 5 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 6 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 7 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 8 Need tips for this trip
- 9 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 10 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 11 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 12 North Vancouver Island
- 13 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 14 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 15 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 16 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 17 Newfoundland questions
- 18 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 19 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 20 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 21 Itinerary help
- 22 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
- 23 Montreal/Toronto
- 24 Gros Morne hiking
- 25 Victoria for 2 days