I posted here several days ago about hotels, and several months ago about visiting Ottawa. Everyone who responded has been very helpful & we are now finalizing our vacation plans. After we visit relatives in Toronto, we have 5 night/6 days to vacation. We plan on visiting the Thousand Islands after we leave Ottawa, & before we drive home to Massachusetts. I'm still not sure how many days/nights to spend in Ottawa. We could either stay 4 nights in Ottawa and 1 night in Thousand Islands (either Gananoque or Kingston); or 3 nights in Ottawa & 2 nights in Thousand Islands. We will drive from Toronto to Ottawa, which I believe is a 5-hour drive, so I assume we would arrive mid-afternoon, & then have 2 full days after our arrival day if we spend 3 nights. Or 3 full days if we stay 4 nights. Which plan is better?
Still haven't decided if we should stay in Kingston or Gananoque. I think Gananoque would be a little bit closer for us to drive back to MA. I know from my previous post more people seemed to recommend Kingston. Any more thoughts?
How long to stay in Ottawa?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Confused about VIA rail options - upper berth, cabin?
- 2 Rockies to Vancouver
- 3 season greetings
- 4 Taxi Stand near Saint Jean Baptiste in Montreal
- 5 December activities for kids in downtown Toronto?
- 6 Toronto: where to stay?
- 7 Alberta????
- 8 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 9 moving from Saskatchewan - choices
- 10 Ottawa and Montreal New Years
- 11 Wifi rental
- 12 Your favorite travel web sites?
- 13 Short term lodging
- 14 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 15 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 16 Vancouver island or Northern West
- 17 Vancouver top restaurant
- 18 Montreal Entertainment
- 19 Heli skiing in March
- 20 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 21 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 22 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 23 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 24 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 25 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies