I posted here several days ago about hotels, and several months ago about visiting Ottawa. Everyone who responded has been very helpful & we are now finalizing our vacation plans. After we visit relatives in Toronto, we have 5 night/6 days to vacation. We plan on visiting the Thousand Islands after we leave Ottawa, & before we drive home to Massachusetts. I'm still not sure how many days/nights to spend in Ottawa. We could either stay 4 nights in Ottawa and 1 night in Thousand Islands (either Gananoque or Kingston); or 3 nights in Ottawa & 2 nights in Thousand Islands. We will drive from Toronto to Ottawa, which I believe is a 5-hour drive, so I assume we would arrive mid-afternoon, & then have 2 full days after our arrival day if we spend 3 nights. Or 3 full days if we stay 4 nights. Which plan is better?
Still haven't decided if we should stay in Kingston or Gananoque. I think Gananoque would be a little bit closer for us to drive back to MA. I know from my previous post more people seemed to recommend Kingston. Any more thoughts?
How long to stay in Ottawa?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Searching for the `Northern Lights`
- 2 Help us see Vancouver island
- 3 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 4 Lodging in Lake Louise
- 5 Montreal Hop on hopoff bus
- 6 Orleans Express Montreal Station
- 7 Orange County car services for birthdays
- 8 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 9 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 10 Rockies Weather Profile for September?
- 11 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 12 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 13 17 days in Newfoundland - a good start!
- 14 Ile d'Orléans & Côte-de-Beaupré - getting around on day trips
- 15 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 16 Need help planning travel around New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 17 Stay inside Algonquin park
- 18 Montreal for work -- what to see?
- 19 Brian zucker : choosing between Toronto and Niagara falls
- 20 Buddy MacMaster RIP
- 21 NB, PEI, Nova Scotia in Oct
- 22 Quebec City - week before Christmas or New Year
- 23 Good Restaurants nearby Niagra?
- 24 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 25 Any good ideas for Western Canada?