I am new to the site. My girlfriend would like to come and live with my family for a year. She is from Hamburg, Germany and we live on Vancouver Island. Is this possible? We keep hearing conflicting answers.
The best one is she can come for 6 months but must leave Canada (for instance, go on holiday to Hawaii for a week or a weekend in Seattle) and than she may re-enter for another 6 months.
Can anyone let us know if this is true? We are eager to get her here and we appreciate your help!
Duncan, BC, Canada
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 'K'i't'c'h'e'n's' For Sale Wakefield UK (16)
- 2 Hunttant
- 3 Marvellous Montreal
- 4 Restaurant suggestions for Montreal and Quebec City
- 5 Rocky Mountaineer train vacation
- 6 loving OTTAWA
- 7 Mont Tremblant B & B
- 8 Cape Breton Trip
- 9 Need travel help from Toronto to Vermont!
- 10 Banff / Jasper and Vancouver
- 11 Vancouver for Christmas
- 12 Nova Scotia Itinerary
- 13 Montreal, Quebec City and Vermont
- 14 Victoria?
- 15 Pacific Northwest Itinerary Help: Victoria, Vancouver, Whistler, Seattle
- 16 Vancouver, Mountains, Public Transit
- 17 Wheelchair accessible trails, sights, activities, etc?
- 18 St John's to Fogo Island : need a half way stop.
- 19 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 20 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 21 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 22 Road trip to Maritime Provinces
- 23 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 24 Cape Breton Island and Nova Scotia
- 25 One afternoon/night in Calgary.