I am new to the site. My girlfriend would like to come and live with my family for a year. She is from Hamburg, Germany and we live on Vancouver Island. Is this possible? We keep hearing conflicting answers.
The best one is she can come for 6 months but must leave Canada (for instance, go on holiday to Hawaii for a week or a weekend in Seattle) and than she may re-enter for another 6 months.
Can anyone let us know if this is true? We are eager to get her here and we appreciate your help!
Duncan, BC, Canada
How long can a German stay in Canada?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Stay inside Algonquin park
- 2 Buddy MacMaster RIP
- 3 Need help planning travel around New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 4 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 5 NB, PEI, Nova Scotia in Oct
- 6 Quebec City - week before Christmas or New Year
- 7 Good Restaurants nearby Niagra?
- 8 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 9 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 10 Brian zucker : choosing between Toronto and Niagara falls
- 11 Orange County car services for birthdays
- 12 Rockies Weather Profile for September?
- 13 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 14 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 15 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 16 gasrun.ca, ever wonder how much it costs to drive from A to B?
- 17 Halifax-PEI
- 18 PEI and Nova Scotia
- 19 4 days in Vancouver Island
- 20 Torn about our July multi-generation vacation
- 21 Montreal for work -- what to see?
- 22 Connecticut to Nova Scotia
- 23 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 24 Quebec City hotel near VIA Rail station
- 25 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI