I am new to the site. My girlfriend would like to come and live with my family for a year. She is from Hamburg, Germany and we live on Vancouver Island. Is this possible? We keep hearing conflicting answers.
The best one is she can come for 6 months but must leave Canada (for instance, go on holiday to Hawaii for a week or a weekend in Seattle) and than she may re-enter for another 6 months.
Can anyone let us know if this is true? We are eager to get her here and we appreciate your help!
Duncan, BC, Canada
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Ottawa transportation question
- 2 Newfoundland by Public Transit! Can't Be Done!
- 3 Trip to Montreal with Daughters
- 4 BC road trip advice
- 5 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 6 Christmas vacation in Montreal
- 7 vancouver to jasper and banff in 9 days
- 8 9 Day Photography trip to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland
- 9 Driving around Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Alberta and BC
- 10 Where to eat in Vancouver and Sidney
- 11 Solo Trip to BC in August
- 12 princess cruise to new england and canada
- 13 Summer Day Trips From Toronto
- 14 Newfoundland and Labrador with Two Nights in St. Pierre and Miquelon
- 15 Traveling with your bike
- 16 Driving from Vancouver to Anchorage
- 17 New Jersey to Quebec City
- 18 one week trip to Nova Scotia
- 19 Alberta Trip_2017
- 20 Day Trip from Niagara Falls, NY
- 21 4 Day Photography trip to Quebec during July 4th
- 22 Vancouver to Calgary - advice on itinerary and what to reserve first
- 23 Driving round trip from Vancouver to Calgary
- 24 Best Urban N American Cycling: Ottawa?
- 25 Baseball