We are a young-ish couple planning our honeymoon for May 2013. Originally we had intended to go to Iceland but price hindered the follow though on that dream. We then decided on flying in to Quebec City, spending a few days there, taking the train to Moncton, renting a car and driving to PEI and Cape Breton for a few days, and then flying out of Halifax. We are very outdoorsy, love to hike and explore small towns and remote areas, and I am of Scandinavian descent....thus I can't help but be a bit allured by Newfoundland and Labrador as well. Just looking to hear some folks' thoughts that might have more know-how than we do. We are looking to go for 10 days and want a mix of outdoorsy/adventure and romance.
Thanks for your time and I appreciate the help!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Initial planning for Vancouver and Tofino in September
- 2 Rockies Tour, itinerary critic.
- 3 Vancouver in June
- 4 Victoria or Qualicum BEACH in winter
- 5 Marriott Chateau Champlain beside Bell Centre
- 6 Rockies or Atlantic Canada?
- 7 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 8 Restaurant in Montreal underground
- 9 3 days in europe
- 10 Qualicum Beach, North of Nashville concert
- 11 30th anniversary spot in BC or Alberta in August
- 12 Vancouver Chinatown Night Markets
- 13 Quebec province GTG?
- 14 57 YEAR OLD GRANDMOTHER BACKPACKS ACROSS CANADA
- 15 banff - trail closed - be bear wise
- 16 Quebec Jazz? other to do's?
- 17 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 18 Best hikes in Banff
- 19 Affordable accommodation for 5 in Tofino
- 20 Taking Amtrak from Plattsburg to Montreal
- 21 Is this area in Montreal safe?
- 22 Train to Vancouver from Toronto
- 23 Pros and Cons of using a Car in Vancouver
- 24 Nova Scotia hotels
- 25 3 full days in and round Banff