This is my first post so please be kind….
I am looking to go to Banff/Jasper either September 22-29, 2012 or October 6-13. Will this be a good time to visit? What will the weather be like? Will there be fall foliage?
The plan was to fly in from Calgary and rent a car to drive to Jasper. Since this will be for my honeymoon I would like to stay at a romantic hotel. Any recommendations? I was going to stay in Jasper Saturday –Monday and then on Monday drive to Banff. Is that enough time?
For accommodations in Banff I was thinking either the Fairmont Springs or Fairmont Lake Louise. Any thoughts on these two or any other recommendations? We were going to stay Monday-Friday and then Friday drive up to Calgary to stay a night close the airport in order to leave on Saturday. Any hotel recommendations that would be budget friendly but nice?
I am really worried about the time of year that we would be going and the weather. Does anyone have any recommendations on what we “must” do in either Banff or Jasper. Will the weather be nice enough to go hiking or do some outside sightseeing?
Any recommendations on accommodations and sightseeing would be great appreciated.
I can’t wait to visit this beautiful country.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Eastern Townships late Dec. 2016
- 2 Alternatives to expensive hotel parking in Niagara Falls, Canada?
- 3 Eastern Canada Itinerary
- 4 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 5 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 6 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 7 March in Montreal?
- 8 Eastern Canada in December
- 9 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 10 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 11 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 12 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 13 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 14 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 15 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 16 Tofino
- 17 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 18 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 19 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 20 11th and 12th grade
- 21 Vancouver trip report!
- 22 Moving to Nova Scotia
- 23 Toronto and Niagara Falls in November
- 24 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 25 looking to experience Canada by train