This is my first post so please be kind….
I am looking to go to Banff/Jasper either September 22-29, 2012 or October 6-13. Will this be a good time to visit? What will the weather be like? Will there be fall foliage?
The plan was to fly in from Calgary and rent a car to drive to Jasper. Since this will be for my honeymoon I would like to stay at a romantic hotel. Any recommendations? I was going to stay in Jasper Saturday –Monday and then on Monday drive to Banff. Is that enough time?
For accommodations in Banff I was thinking either the Fairmont Springs or Fairmont Lake Louise. Any thoughts on these two or any other recommendations? We were going to stay Monday-Friday and then Friday drive up to Calgary to stay a night close the airport in order to leave on Saturday. Any hotel recommendations that would be budget friendly but nice?
I am really worried about the time of year that we would be going and the weather. Does anyone have any recommendations on what we “must” do in either Banff or Jasper. Will the weather be nice enough to go hiking or do some outside sightseeing?
Any recommendations on accommodations and sightseeing would be great appreciated.
I can’t wait to visit this beautiful country.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vancouver to Seattle?
- 2 going to banff/jasper in may 2018
- 3 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 4 Canadian Thanksgiving Long Weekend Roadtrip Ideas
- 5 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 6 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 7 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 8 Skiing in Whistler
- 9 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 10 lodging in whistler
- 11 BC or Alberta drives
- 12 Torino in february
- 13 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 14 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast
- 15 My Family Travle Vlog
- 16 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 17 Nova Scotia: Fort Louisbourg?
- 18 What is famous in canada?
- 19 Looking for fellow travellers
- 20 Banff conference- 2 days to sightsee
- 21 Pacific Central Rail Station Vancouver--Taxi?
- 22 Boston to Cabot Trail for foliage
- 23 Happy Canada Day
- 24 Calgary plus Canada Rockies- Advice
- 25 Across Canada by Train