This is my first post so please be kind….
I am looking to go to Banff/Jasper either September 22-29, 2012 or October 6-13. Will this be a good time to visit? What will the weather be like? Will there be fall foliage?
The plan was to fly in from Calgary and rent a car to drive to Jasper. Since this will be for my honeymoon I would like to stay at a romantic hotel. Any recommendations? I was going to stay in Jasper Saturday –Monday and then on Monday drive to Banff. Is that enough time?
For accommodations in Banff I was thinking either the Fairmont Springs or Fairmont Lake Louise. Any thoughts on these two or any other recommendations? We were going to stay Monday-Friday and then Friday drive up to Calgary to stay a night close the airport in order to leave on Saturday. Any hotel recommendations that would be budget friendly but nice?
I am really worried about the time of year that we would be going and the weather. Does anyone have any recommendations on what we “must” do in either Banff or Jasper. Will the weather be nice enough to go hiking or do some outside sightseeing?
Any recommendations on accommodations and sightseeing would be great appreciated.
I can’t wait to visit this beautiful country.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Suggestions for Victoria and Ucluelet
- 2 Transportation questions Vancouver and Victoria
- 3 From Quebec City to Niagara Falls
- 4 Transportation documents between SEA and YVR
- 5 Jasper/Banff holiday help
- 6 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 7 9 Days in a Camper Van, Alberta Rockies Itinerary
- 8 10 Days in Nova Scotia
- 9 Small group tour for my parents
- 10 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 11 Romantic 4-Day July Getaway Ideas Needed
- 12 Hotel near Stanley Parc
- 13 Looking for travel lapel pins HELP
- 14 Itinerary feedback, please
- 15 Need Help!! 1 week itinerary vancouver, whistler & islands
- 16 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 17 Ocean Odyssey: Vancouver Island (and Vancouver)
- 18 Canada's 150th anniversary in the Maritimes
- 19 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 20 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 21 Best Way
- 22 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 23 Montreal and Quebec City in August
- 24 9 hour layover in Montreal, what to do?
- 25 Bay of Fundy