I plan 11 days in total (including travel days) to the Canadian rockies in August with my 15 yr old son and need help with itinerary. We are not shopping but love the outdoors, kayaking, easy to moderate hikes, biking and rafting. Is the best thing to fly in and out of Calgary (from NYC) and rent car there. Do we need to stay overnight in Calgary or can I drive to Banff directly when we fly in? We are on a tight budget and are staying in HI Hostels which I tentatively booked. Here are the things we want to do, but not sure how much time to appropriate and if it can all be done and especially in what order: 1 Garden Path trail and Twin Cairns Meadow HIKE in Banff 2, Banff Gondola/ Banff Hotsprings 3, White water rafting either kicking Horse or Kananaskis RIver (which one more thrilling?)4 Boat Trip across Lake Minnewaka (do you recommend).5.RADIUM HOTSPRINGS 6 Athabasca Glacier... Lake Louise, tea at Lake Agnes, Columbia Icefields Parkway (read this takes most of the day-where should we make our base for this?) Lunch at Num Ji Ja Lodge, 7 Jasper: Skyline trail hike, Cruise on Maligne lake to spirit Island, day hike in Path of the Meadows, or ride on Jasper Tramway-Mary Schaffer Loop, 8. Yo hoake Ohara, Emerald Lake, (go canoeing). ,Miette Hot springs, Please help me put this together including how many days at the same base for lodging. Ex, when leaving Banff for Lake Louise should I spend the night in LL or go back to Banff? THANKS . It make be possible to add on another day.
HELP with itinerary for mother and son 11 days in Banff-Jasper in Aug
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Toronto: where to stay?
- 2 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 3 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 4 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 5 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 6 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 7 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 8 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 9 Three days in Halifax - One being daytrip to PEI.
- 10 Heli skiing in March
- 11 Toronto lodgings
- 12 Free parking in Halifax near Waterfront.
- 13 Planing a Trip to Toronto in December
- 14 rockies in september
- 15 Looking for a cold place to visit during my school break
- 16 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 17 Viking Trail
- 18 sample itinerary for multi-generational family to Canadian Rockies in July
- 19 Quebec City trip.report
- 20 Difficulty getting from Montreal to Burlington by public transport help plz
- 21 Best weekend of Carnaval?
- 22 Is anyone has visited eagle lake in ontario
- 23 iPhone in Canada
- 24 Lake Louise/Jasper trip report
- 25 Victoria Dining