I am travelling via hire car around Nova Scotia for two weeks in July 2014 and have planned my trip almost to the day (don't worry - I have read lots of the other forums and have packed in lots of great NS sites).
I have a bit of 'spare time' that I am wanting to fill in. I will be in the Maitland area on a Monday, staying there overnight. I am aiming to be in Pictou for the Lobster Carnival on the Thursday. I have had a look at the options for the Truro and Parrsboro area, as well as Moncton.
I would love to get to PEI, but am not sure if it is worth the distance. I have also looked at possibly going to NB to Saint John, but to be honest, it looks like it will be very similar to some of the other sites on the south side of the Bay (my apologies if I have offended anyone).
I am not that interested in historical museums, but have a childhood longing to see where Anne of Green Gables and Avonlea all come from.
I would appreciate any advice... I am hoping to have this all sorted by the end of April.
Thank you so much for your advice.
HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Planning a trip to Ontario?
- 2 Road trip from Vacouver to Alaska.
- 3 Corporate party
- 4 travelling from Vancouver to Churchill
- 5 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 6 Vancouver Trip Feb 16-20,2015
- 7 Things to see and do on route from Twillingate to St. john's NL
- 8 2 months Canada and USA with alaska cruise
- 9 Driving from PEI to Edmonton, Alberta (end of Jan. beginning of Feb. 2015)
- 10 Stay at Niagara Falls or downtown?
- 11 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 12 itinerary help with a British Columbia+Alaska road trip
- 13 Calgary or Lake Louise?
- 14 Gulf Islands - anybody been to Galiano Island?
- 15 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 16 Travelling from Toronto to Quebec City and New Brunswick
- 17 2 days in Vancouver
- 18 Best way to get mobile data in Canada?
- 19 Montreal - Old Town or Plateau district?
- 20 8 days in NL
- 21 Montreal transportation pass
- 22 Ottawa and Thousand Islands
- 23 Best land travel for Canadian Maritines
- 24 First visit to Montreal, hotel and sightseeing recommendations needed
- 25 Newfoundland tent camping