I am travelling via hire car around Nova Scotia for two weeks in July 2014 and have planned my trip almost to the day (don't worry - I have read lots of the other forums and have packed in lots of great NS sites).
I have a bit of 'spare time' that I am wanting to fill in. I will be in the Maitland area on a Monday, staying there overnight. I am aiming to be in Pictou for the Lobster Carnival on the Thursday. I have had a look at the options for the Truro and Parrsboro area, as well as Moncton.
I would love to get to PEI, but am not sure if it is worth the distance. I have also looked at possibly going to NB to Saint John, but to be honest, it looks like it will be very similar to some of the other sites on the south side of the Bay (my apologies if I have offended anyone).
I am not that interested in historical museums, but have a childhood longing to see where Anne of Green Gables and Avonlea all come from.
I would appreciate any advice... I am hoping to have this all sorted by the end of April.
Thank you so much for your advice.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 fodors!! Yahoo Mail *1800-540-6830 sup. numbr
- 2 Eastern Canada trip with 3 kids -- advice/itinerary needed
- 3 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 4 Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise, Calgary ITINERARY
- 5 Travel agencies in Toronto, ON, Canada
- 6 Driving From Vancouver to Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise all over
- 7 4 Days Vancouver & 5 in Whistler
- 8 Keltic Lodge
- 9 Cat Ferry to Nova Scotia?
- 10 Nature drive in Canada and the U.S.
- 11 Question on Staying on Nova Scotia
- 12 Niagara Falls - 2 Nights Family of 4
- 13 NS and PEI with elderly traveller
- 14 Icefields Parkway
- 15 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 16 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 17 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 18 Vancouver to Ft St John/return - summer road trip
- 19 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 20 Banff to Jasper and back
- 21 Canmore for a few days
- 22 The Canadian
- 23 2 weeks ‘corridor’, lowbudget daytrips by public bus, book on the spot?
- 24 Road from Calgary to Whitehorse
- 25 Restaurants in Jasper, Alberta
HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.