I am travelling via hire car around Nova Scotia for two weeks in July 2014 and have planned my trip almost to the day (don't worry - I have read lots of the other forums and have packed in lots of great NS sites).
I have a bit of 'spare time' that I am wanting to fill in. I will be in the Maitland area on a Monday, staying there overnight. I am aiming to be in Pictou for the Lobster Carnival on the Thursday. I have had a look at the options for the Truro and Parrsboro area, as well as Moncton.
I would love to get to PEI, but am not sure if it is worth the distance. I have also looked at possibly going to NB to Saint John, but to be honest, it looks like it will be very similar to some of the other sites on the south side of the Bay (my apologies if I have offended anyone).
I am not that interested in historical museums, but have a childhood longing to see where Anne of Green Gables and Avonlea all come from.
I would appreciate any advice... I am hoping to have this all sorted by the end of April.
Thank you so much for your advice.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 how to buy prescription meds without scripts
- 2 Victoria?
- 3 Wheelchair accessible trails, sights, activities, etc?
- 4 St John's to Fogo Island : need a half way stop.
- 5 Vancouver, Mountains, Public Transit
- 6 Marvellous Montreal
- 7 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 8 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 9 Rocky Mountaineer train vacation
- 10 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 11 Road trip to Maritime Provinces
- 12 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 13 Need travel help from Toronto to Vermont!
- 14 Cape Breton Island and Nova Scotia
- 15 One afternoon/night in Calgary.
- 16 Running in Jasper in late summer
- 17 Accomodation in Whistler, B.C.
- 18 Canadian Rockies Itinerary input?
- 19 Opinions on a rental service in Toronto
- 20 Niagara-on-the-Lake B&B for One In Town
- 21 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 22 Quebec-Montreal in Summer
- 23 Would you stay in Quesnel?
- 24 PEI or Cape Breton?
- 25 Jasper/Banff/Lake Louise 10 day trip help
HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.