I am travelling via hire car around Nova Scotia for two weeks in July 2014 and have planned my trip almost to the day (don't worry - I have read lots of the other forums and have packed in lots of great NS sites).
I have a bit of 'spare time' that I am wanting to fill in. I will be in the Maitland area on a Monday, staying there overnight. I am aiming to be in Pictou for the Lobster Carnival on the Thursday. I have had a look at the options for the Truro and Parrsboro area, as well as Moncton.
I would love to get to PEI, but am not sure if it is worth the distance. I have also looked at possibly going to NB to Saint John, but to be honest, it looks like it will be very similar to some of the other sites on the south side of the Bay (my apologies if I have offended anyone).
I am not that interested in historical museums, but have a childhood longing to see where Anne of Green Gables and Avonlea all come from.
I would appreciate any advice... I am hoping to have this all sorted by the end of April.
Thank you so much for your advice.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 2 Temporary residency in Canada
- 3 water filtration
- 4 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 5 Western Canada in August
- 6 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 7 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 8 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 9 Jasper with two elderly
- 10 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 11 Dempster highway in early September
- 12 jasper
- 13 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 14 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 15 Toronto-afternoon tea
- 16 BC Ferries Experience Card
- 17 Banff, and Glacier National Park
- 18 Canadian Layover - OVI deemed Inadmissable
- 19 Pearson Canada Customs from Boston
- 20 Whistler Shuttle Bus
- 21 Banff
- 22 St John's, NL Camping?
- 23 Christmas in Quebec City
- 24 Rocky Mountaineer train vacation
- 25 Vancouver for Christmas
HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.