Hello Nova Scotia Pros
We have been a bit over enthusiastic by planning our Nova Scotia Trip in April. We don't mind the weather but we realised that most of the attractions are closed at that time of the year. At the moment it's a bit difficult to plan our itinary we are very undecided - it would be a huge help if we could get any tips (concerning the routing and concerning things to see and do).
I already called Nova Scotia Tourism but they haven't been a big help with the routing. They just told me to give them a call one day bevore we arrive at a place so they can check what is open. The doers and dreamers guide 2015 is helpful but it shows the things you can do in season.
We are a young couple, interested in nature and culture (more the kind of getting to know the land and people instead of visiting museums). We are both fit and have good gear to go hiking (but we are definetely not interested in very long tours). We are also open to do things that are not on the "to do" list for tourists.
That's how we planned so far:
15. April: arrial in Halifax in the evening and stay in a B&B near the airport (suggestions for B&Bs?)
16. April: Peggys Cove, Mahone Bay, Lunenburg, over night at Liverpool
17. April: Yarmouth
18. April: Digby (worth the stop? No whalewatching at that time...)
19. April: Wolfville
20. April: Wolfville
21. April: ?
22. April: Chéticamp
23. April: Baddeck
24. April: Lunenburg (we know, the fort is also closed, but sure worth a visit), overnight at Sidney
26. April: ?
27. April: Halifax
28. April: Halifax
29. April: Morning in Halifax and then flight back home
Would it be best to book accommodation now or will it be no problem just to pop by?
We appreciate very much any help!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Make Your skin Extra Nourished with Oveena Skin Care(Canada)
- 2 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 3 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 4 Skiing in Whistler
- 5 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 6 lodging in whistler
- 7 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 8 BC or Alberta drives
- 9 Torino in february
- 10 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 11 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast
- 12 My Family Travle Vlog
- 13 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 14 Nova Scotia: Fort Louisbourg?
- 15 What is famous in canada?
- 16 Looking for fellow travellers
- 17 Banff conference- 2 days to sightsee
- 18 Pacific Central Rail Station Vancouver--Taxi?
- 19 Boston to Cabot Trail for foliage
- 20 Happy Canada Day
- 21 Calgary plus Canada Rockies- Advice
- 22 Across Canada by Train
- 23 Montreal & Quebec City
- 24 Ottawa in December
- 25 Recommended car hire
Hello Nova Scotia Pros