Hello Nova Scotia Pros
We have been a bit over enthusiastic by planning our Nova Scotia Trip in April. We don't mind the weather but we realised that most of the attractions are closed at that time of the year. At the moment it's a bit difficult to plan our itinary we are very undecided - it would be a huge help if we could get any tips (concerning the routing and concerning things to see and do).
I already called Nova Scotia Tourism but they haven't been a big help with the routing. They just told me to give them a call one day bevore we arrive at a place so they can check what is open. The doers and dreamers guide 2015 is helpful but it shows the things you can do in season.
We are a young couple, interested in nature and culture (more the kind of getting to know the land and people instead of visiting museums). We are both fit and have good gear to go hiking (but we are definetely not interested in very long tours). We are also open to do things that are not on the "to do" list for tourists.
That's how we planned so far:
15. April: arrial in Halifax in the evening and stay in a B&B near the airport (suggestions for B&Bs?)
16. April: Peggys Cove, Mahone Bay, Lunenburg, over night at Liverpool
17. April: Yarmouth
18. April: Digby (worth the stop? No whalewatching at that time...)
19. April: Wolfville
20. April: Wolfville
21. April: ?
22. April: Chéticamp
23. April: Baddeck
24. April: Lunenburg (we know, the fort is also closed, but sure worth a visit), overnight at Sidney
26. April: ?
27. April: Halifax
28. April: Halifax
29. April: Morning in Halifax and then flight back home
Would it be best to book accommodation now or will it be no problem just to pop by?
We appreciate very much any help!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 VANCOUVER RESTAURANT WITH A VIEW
- 2 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 3 Area between Montreal and Lake Champlain, VT
- 4 Easy way to get from Quebec City down to Burlington?
- 5 Victoria Island
- 6 Montreal Quebec road trip with kids
- 7 Accommodation in halifax
- 8 Itinerary help needed: Seattle, Olympic National Park,Victorian Vancouver
- 9 Newfoundland by Public Transit! Can't Be Done!
- 10 Two week taster
- 11 Is it possible to drive to Nunavut?
- 12 Part Montreal, Part ?? 9 days
- 13 Fairmont Queen Elizabeth or Hotel Le St. James
- 14 Need help with Banff and Jasper Trip planning
- 15 Translink and itinerary questions
- 16 Driving the Cabot Trail
- 17 Montreal Restaurants
- 18 Traveling with your bike
- 19 Would love to hear thoughts on Nova Scotia, NB and a dip into Maine
- 20 Halifax/PE in 6 nights
- 21 Bay of Fundy
- 22 Buying on Road Trip US>Canada>US
- 23 Banff/Yoho/Kootenay/Jasper Travelers Advice Please
- 24 Icebergs, Whales, Puffins and Potholes - A Newfoundland Adventure
- 25 First Hikes - Flatlanders
Hello Nova Scotia Pros