I am travelling via hire car around Nova Scotia for two weeks in July 2014 and have planned my trip almost to the day (don't worry - I have read lots of the other forums and have packed in lots of great NS sites).
I have a bit of 'spare time' that I am wanting to fill in. I will be in the Maitland area on a Monday, staying there overnight. I am aiming to be in Pictou for the Lobster Carnival on the Thursday afternoon. I have had a look at the options for the Truro and Parrsboro area, as well as Moncton.
I would love to get to PEI, but am not sure if it is worth the distance. I have also looked at possibly going to NB to Saint John, but to be honest, it looks like it will be very similar to some of the other sites on the south side of the Bay (my apologies if I have offended anyone).
I am not that interested in historical museums, but have a childhood longing to see where Anne of Green Gables and Avonlea all come from and somehow have an image of me riding a bicycle through meadows... (don't laugh!)
I would appreciate any advice... I am hoping to have this all sorted by the end of April.
Thank you so much for your advice.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 2 lodging in whistler
- 3 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 4 BC or Alberta drives
- 5 Torino in february
- 6 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 7 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast
- 8 My Family Travle Vlog
- 9 Skiing in Whistler
- 10 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 11 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 12 Nova Scotia: Fort Louisbourg?
- 13 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 14 What is famous in canada?
- 15 Looking for fellow travellers
- 16 Banff conference- 2 days to sightsee
- 17 Pacific Central Rail Station Vancouver--Taxi?
- 18 Boston to Cabot Trail for foliage
- 19 Happy Canada Day
- 20 Calgary plus Canada Rockies- Advice
- 21 Across Canada by Train
- 22 Montreal & Quebec City
- 23 Ottawa in December
- 24 Recommended car hire
- 25 Nova Scotia and Quebec