I'm starting to plan a trip to Newfoundland for 7-10 days around Sept 1-10 with my boyfriend. We're planning to fly in and out from St. John's. I was thinking we could stay for 3 days or so in St. John's, drive to Future and take the ferry to St. Pierre (stay there for 2 nights).
Do you happen to know any cities/towns/areas we should visit while we're in the area?
How about Dildo, Terra Nova National Park, Bonavista, places around Avalon Peninsula? Any other spots? Which have you or would you visit and how long do you think we should stay? Which places should we skip?
Neither of us have ever been to Newfoundland before. We like walking around, relaxing, but also hiking and maybe a canoe ride would be fun. Is there any way to get around renting a car? They seem to be expensive!
Thanks so much for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://newhealthsupplement.com/exoslim/
- 2 Family ski holiday
- 3 Vancouver and Victoria recommendations
- 4 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 5 Please help with BC itinerary
- 6 Travel through Chicago
- 7 Vancouver hotel question
- 8 Banff in October
- 9 Vancouver First Timer - What to do, see?
- 10 Toronto or Quebec City?
- 11 Niagara Falls in Oct
- 12 quebec city and wine route
- 13 Montreal, Quebec City and Vermont
- 14 A week in Eastern Newfoundland
- 15 2016 East Canada Road Trip
- 16 Gypsy Guide to Driving the Icefield Parkway
- 17 Feedback on itinerary - Mid October Banff/Lake Louise/jasper
- 18 Victoria?
- 19 Fishing Canada. Opinions and Rec's much needed.
- 20 Nova Scotia vs Newfoundland
- 21 Calgary
- 22 Calgary-Banff-Lake Louise-Jasper - Edmonton
- 23 St John's to Fogo Island : need a half way stop.
- 24 Cape Breton Trip
- 25 Fall foliage trip -Quebec vs New England