I'm starting to plan a trip to Newfoundland for 7-10 days around Sept 1-10 with my boyfriend. We're planning to fly in and out from St. John's. I was thinking we could stay for 3 days or so in St. John's, drive to Future and take the ferry to St. Pierre (stay there for 2 nights).
Do you happen to know any cities/towns/areas we should visit while we're in the area?
How about Dildo, Terra Nova National Park, Bonavista, places around Avalon Peninsula? Any other spots? Which have you or would you visit and how long do you think we should stay? Which places should we skip?
Neither of us have ever been to Newfoundland before. We like walking around, relaxing, but also hiking and maybe a canoe ride would be fun. Is there any way to get around renting a car? They seem to be expensive!
Thanks so much for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 What are best Caribbean restaurants in Toronto?
- 2 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 3 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 4 Detroit to Windsor must do's
- 5 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 6 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 7 Temporary residency in Canada
- 8 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 9 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 10 water filtration
- 11 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 12 Montreal & Quebec Trip Report
- 13 Western Canada in August
- 14 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 15 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 16 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 17 Jasper with two elderly
- 18 Dempster highway in early September
- 19 jasper
- 20 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 21 Toronto-afternoon tea
- 22 BC Ferries Experience Card
- 23 Banff, and Glacier National Park
- 24 Canadian Layover - OVI deemed Inadmissable
- 25 Pearson Canada Customs from Boston