I'm starting to plan a trip to Newfoundland for 7-10 days around Sept 1-10 with my boyfriend. We're planning to fly in and out from St. John's. I was thinking we could stay for 3 days or so in St. John's, drive to Future and take the ferry to St. Pierre (stay there for 2 nights).
Do you happen to know any cities/towns/areas we should visit while we're in the area?
How about Dildo, Terra Nova National Park, Bonavista, places around Avalon Peninsula? Any other spots? Which have you or would you visit and how long do you think we should stay? Which places should we skip?
Neither of us have ever been to Newfoundland before. We like walking around, relaxing, but also hiking and maybe a canoe ride would be fun. Is there any way to get around renting a car? They seem to be expensive!
Thanks so much for any suggestions!
Help! Must sees in Newfoundland?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Quebec City trip.report
- 2 Family holiday in Canada ( winter)..accommodation in Montana and Idaho too!
- 3 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 4 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 5 Quebic City or Montreal
- 6 Is anyone has visited eagle lake in ontario
- 7 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 8 Lake Louise/Jasper trip report
- 9 Christmas Day in Quebec City
- 10 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 11 ft nelson bc
- 12 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 13 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 14 Happy Thanksgiving!!!
- 15 Niagara Falls October 10-12
- 16 canada in the winter?
- 17 Canada in winter
- 18 10 Day Trip to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick
- 19 Banff - Jasper weekend itinerary October
- 20 HELP revamping Nova Scotia trip due to illness
- 21 Telegraph cove
- 22 trip report rockies
- 23 iPhone in Canada
- 24 Bringing mountain bike on flight to Can Cun.
- 25 Weather in Quebec City end of October