I'm starting to plan a trip to Newfoundland for 7-10 days around Sept 1-10 with my boyfriend. We're planning to fly in and out from St. John's. I was thinking we could stay for 3 days or so in St. John's, drive to Future and take the ferry to St. Pierre (stay there for 2 nights).
Do you happen to know any cities/towns/areas we should visit while we're in the area?
How about Dildo, Terra Nova National Park, Bonavista, places around Avalon Peninsula? Any other spots? Which have you or would you visit and how long do you think we should stay? Which places should we skip?
Neither of us have ever been to Newfoundland before. We like walking around, relaxing, but also hiking and maybe a canoe ride would be fun. Is there any way to get around renting a car? They seem to be expensive!
Thanks so much for any suggestions!
Help! Must sees in Newfoundland?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Stay at Niagara Falls or downtown?
- 2 Driving from PEI to Edmonton, Alberta (end of Jan. beginning of Feb. 2015)
- 3 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 4 itinerary help with a British Columbia+Alaska road trip
- 5 Calgary or Lake Louise?
- 6 Gulf Islands - anybody been to Galiano Island?
- 7 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 8 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 9 Planning a trip to Ontario?
- 10 Vancouver Trip Feb 16-20,2015
- 11 Travelling from Toronto to Quebec City and New Brunswick
- 12 2 days in Vancouver
- 13 Best way to get mobile data in Canada?
- 14 Montreal - Old Town or Plateau district?
- 15 8 days in NL
- 16 Montreal transportation pass
- 17 Ottawa and Thousand Islands
- 18 Best land travel for Canadian Maritines
- 19 First visit to Montreal, hotel and sightseeing recommendations needed
- 20 Newfoundland tent camping
- 21 Mother/daughter trip to Quebec City and Montreal!
- 22 2 months Canada and USA with alaska cruise
- 23 Thousand Islands
- 24 Crazy to Go to Montreal in Winter?
- 25 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental