I'm starting to plan a trip to Newfoundland for 7-10 days around Sept 1-10 with my boyfriend. We're planning to fly in and out from St. John's. I was thinking we could stay for 3 days or so in St. John's, drive to Future and take the ferry to St. Pierre (stay there for 2 nights).
Do you happen to know any cities/towns/areas we should visit while we're in the area?
How about Dildo, Terra Nova National Park, Bonavista, places around Avalon Peninsula? Any other spots? Which have you or would you visit and how long do you think we should stay? Which places should we skip?
Neither of us have ever been to Newfoundland before. We like walking around, relaxing, but also hiking and maybe a canoe ride would be fun. Is there any way to get around renting a car? They seem to be expensive!
Thanks so much for any suggestions!
Help! Must sees in Newfoundland?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 2 quebec
- 3 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 4 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 5 Jet to Victoria
- 6 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 7 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 8 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 9 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 10 Fresh Fruit from US
- 11 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 12 Ottawa and Quebec City Restaurants
- 13 Alberta Wildfires
- 14 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 15 icebergs r us/ canada's far east: st john's NL
- 16 When Train Plans Go Awry—My 2 Day Winnipeg/ Saint Boniface Odyssey
- 17 Niagara Falls Canada
- 18 One Day in Niagra falls with kids
- 19 What do you think of this itinerary Ontario-Qebec trip?
- 20 Driving Victoria to Toronto
- 21 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 22 edmonton-jasper, banff, lake louise
- 23 Grouse or Whistler?
- 24 What all are must go locations in Algonquin Park ?
- 25 Montreal Museum of Fine Arts