My husband ans I are planning a family trip (with mine and his parents) to the east coast in mid June. We will arrive in Halifax on a Sunday and then fly out of Halifax on the following Saturday. I would love to hike the Cabot Trial, as well as going to PEI for a day or two. I have googled the distance between Halifax, Cape Breton, and PEI and the distance is ridiculous!
I am trying to be cognizant of the fact that we will be traveling with our parents and that we may have to give up either PEI or Cape Breton. Help!! Our parents are 60-years-old and healthy. We will be renting a van to drive to our destinations. Is it possible to fit everything in and still have a "leisurely" trip? I want to see Anne of green gables as it was my favourtie book growing up and I also want to see the amazing coastline and scenery in Cape Breton. At the same time I am trying to satisfy our parents' craving for fresh lobster and oysters. I am planning to stay in Halifax for only a day or two, and the focus of this trip will be seafood (LOL) and scenary. How should I plan this trip?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Must-Sees & Must-Dos in Lake Louise
- 2 Western Ontario and Manitoba Drive
- 3 limited time biking - Eastern Canada
- 4 car needed in Vancouver?
- 5 7 day itinerary of Nova Scotia
- 6 Forming itinerary--Moraine Lake to Jasper to Banff Springs this Sept.
- 7 Ideas on Newfoundland
- 8 Its vegan capsules ignite the fat loss
- 9 Ottawa recs?
- 10 Underwhelmed by Montreal - any suggestions?
- 11 Biking in Eastern Canada
- 12 Granville Island
- 13 Where to Eat & Drink in Vancouver!
- 14 Good eats and car question NS
- 15 Nova Scotia vs Newfoundland
- 16 Quebec Jazz? other to do's?
- 17 VIA Rail Ocean - Which Direction?
- 18 MUST SEE/DO VANCOUVER, BC
- 19 road trip toronto to nova scotia
- 20 Road Trip to Montreal from Chicago
- 21 Trip to Banff from Glacier National Park
- 22 Marriott Chateau Champlain Vs. Le Square Phillips Hotel
- 23 Marriott Chateau Champlain beside Bell Centre
- 24 Which Marriott hotel in Montreal?
- 25 2 weeks in maritime provinces