My husband ans I are planning a family trip (with mine and his parents) to the east coast in mid June. We will arrive in Halifax on a Sunday and then fly out of Halifax on the following Saturday. I would love to hike the Cabot Trial, as well as going to PEI for a day or two. I have googled the distance between Halifax, Cape Breton, and PEI and the distance is ridiculous!
I am trying to be cognizant of the fact that we will be traveling with our parents and that we may have to give up either PEI or Cape Breton. Help!! Our parents are 60-years-old and healthy. We will be renting a van to drive to our destinations. Is it possible to fit everything in and still have a "leisurely" trip? I want to see Anne of green gables as it was my favourtie book growing up and I also want to see the amazing coastline and scenery in Cape Breton. At the same time I am trying to satisfy our parents' craving for fresh lobster and oysters. I am planning to stay in Halifax for only a day or two, and the focus of this trip will be seafood (LOL) and scenary. How should I plan this trip?
Halifax, Cape Breton, and PEI in 7 days?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 2 quebec
- 3 Fresh Fruit from US
- 4 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 5 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 6 Ottawa and Quebec City Restaurants
- 7 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 8 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 9 Alberta Wildfires
- 10 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 11 icebergs r us/ canada's far east: st john's NL
- 12 When Train Plans Go Awry—My 2 Day Winnipeg/ Saint Boniface Odyssey
- 13 Niagara Falls Canada
- 14 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 15 One Day in Niagra falls with kids
- 16 What do you think of this itinerary Ontario-Qebec trip?
- 17 Driving Victoria to Toronto
- 18 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 19 edmonton-jasper, banff, lake louise
- 20 Grouse or Whistler?
- 21 What all are must go locations in Algonquin Park ?
- 22 Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
- 23 Whale Watching in Lunenburg - has anyone had a good experience?
- 24 East Coast Road Trip from Halifax to Toronto
- 25 Adirondacks to Montreal to Quebec City with Kids End of August