My husband ans I are planning a family trip (with mine and his parents) to the east coast in mid June. We will arrive in Halifax on a Sunday and then fly out of Halifax on the following Saturday. I would love to hike the Cabot Trial, as well as going to PEI for a day or two. I have googled the distance between Halifax, Cape Breton, and PEI and the distance is ridiculous!
I am trying to be cognizant of the fact that we will be traveling with our parents and that we may have to give up either PEI or Cape Breton. Help!! Our parents are 60-years-old and healthy. We will be renting a van to drive to our destinations. Is it possible to fit everything in and still have a "leisurely" trip? I want to see Anne of green gables as it was my favourtie book growing up and I also want to see the amazing coastline and scenery in Cape Breton. At the same time I am trying to satisfy our parents' craving for fresh lobster and oysters. I am planning to stay in Halifax for only a day or two, and the focus of this trip will be seafood (LOL) and scenary. How should I plan this trip?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 14 day road trip itinerary from Calgary to Vancouver
- 2 Flying from Toronto to London
- 3 Rental car
- 4 Toronto 4 Nights - Must Do?
- 5 no foreign transaction fee, possible?
- 6 Montreal in April
- 7 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 8 Cross country drive
- 9 For Those Who Struggle With Quebec French
- 10 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 11 Girls Weekend in Toronto
- 12 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 13 Vancouver - Need restaurant suggestions Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
- 14 Ashisgh Dewan requires advice for Canada Toronto Trip
- 15 Toronto - which neighbourhood should we stay in?
- 16 First family trip to Toronto.
- 17 Aussies first trip to NS, PEI & NB
- 18 Need help planning a trip from East Coast to Montreal
- 19 Calgary Stampede
- 20 2 days in Vancouver
- 21 Maritimes for 10 days with a 6 and 10 year old
- 22 Northern Lights
- 23 Finalizing 9 day Nova Scotia itinerary
- 24 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report
- 25 Canadian Rockies photography