My husband ans I are planning a family trip (with mine and his parents) to the east coast in mid June. We will arrive in Halifax on a Sunday and then fly out of Halifax on the following Saturday. I would love to hike the Cabot Trial, as well as going to PEI for a day or two. I have googled the distance between Halifax, Cape Breton, and PEI and the distance is ridiculous!
I am trying to be cognizant of the fact that we will be traveling with our parents and that we may have to give up either PEI or Cape Breton. Help!! Our parents are 60-years-old and healthy. We will be renting a van to drive to our destinations. Is it possible to fit everything in and still have a "leisurely" trip? I want to see Anne of green gables as it was my favourtie book growing up and I also want to see the amazing coastline and scenery in Cape Breton. At the same time I am trying to satisfy our parents' craving for fresh lobster and oysters. I am planning to stay in Halifax for only a day or two, and the focus of this trip will be seafood (LOL) and scenary. How should I plan this trip?
Halifax, Cape Breton, and PEI in 7 days?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Stay inside Algonquin park
- 2 Buddy MacMaster RIP
- 3 Need help planning travel around New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 4 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 5 NB, PEI, Nova Scotia in Oct
- 6 Quebec City - week before Christmas or New Year
- 7 Good Restaurants nearby Niagra?
- 8 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 9 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 10 Brian zucker : choosing between Toronto and Niagara falls
- 11 Orange County car services for birthdays
- 12 Rockies Weather Profile for September?
- 13 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 14 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 15 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 16 gasrun.ca, ever wonder how much it costs to drive from A to B?
- 17 Halifax-PEI
- 18 PEI and Nova Scotia
- 19 4 days in Vancouver Island
- 20 Torn about our July multi-generation vacation
- 21 Montreal for work -- what to see?
- 22 Connecticut to Nova Scotia
- 23 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 24 Quebec City hotel near VIA Rail station
- 25 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI