My husband ans I are planning a family trip (with mine and his parents) to the east coast in mid June. We will arrive in Halifax on a Sunday and then fly out of Halifax on the following Saturday. I would love to hike the Cabot Trial, as well as going to PEI for a day or two. I have googled the distance between Halifax, Cape Breton, and PEI and the distance is ridiculous!
I am trying to be cognizant of the fact that we will be traveling with our parents and that we may have to give up either PEI or Cape Breton. Help!! Our parents are 60-years-old and healthy. We will be renting a van to drive to our destinations. Is it possible to fit everything in and still have a "leisurely" trip? I want to see Anne of green gables as it was my favourtie book growing up and I also want to see the amazing coastline and scenery in Cape Breton. At the same time I am trying to satisfy our parents' craving for fresh lobster and oysters. I am planning to stay in Halifax for only a day or two, and the focus of this trip will be seafood (LOL) and scenary. How should I plan this trip?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Temporary residency in Canada
- 2 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 3 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 4 water filtration
- 5 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 6 Montreal & Quebec Trip Report
- 7 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 8 Western Canada in August
- 9 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 10 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 11 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 12 Jasper with two elderly
- 13 Dempster highway in early September
- 14 jasper
- 15 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 16 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 17 Toronto-afternoon tea
- 18 BC Ferries Experience Card
- 19 Banff, and Glacier National Park
- 20 Canadian Layover - OVI deemed Inadmissable
- 21 Pearson Canada Customs from Boston
- 22 Whistler Shuttle Bus
- 23 Banff
- 24 St John's, NL Camping?
- 25 Christmas in Quebec City