My husband ans I are planning a family trip (with mine and his parents) to the east coast in mid June. We will arrive in Halifax on a Sunday and then fly out of Halifax on the following Saturday. I would love to hike the Cabot Trial, as well as going to PEI for a day or two. I have googled the distance between Halifax, Cape Breton, and PEI and the distance is ridiculous!
I am trying to be cognizant of the fact that we will be traveling with our parents and that we may have to give up either PEI or Cape Breton. Help!! Our parents are 60-years-old and healthy. We will be renting a van to drive to our destinations. Is it possible to fit everything in and still have a "leisurely" trip? I want to see Anne of green gables as it was my favourtie book growing up and I also want to see the amazing coastline and scenery in Cape Breton. At the same time I am trying to satisfy our parents' craving for fresh lobster and oysters. I am planning to stay in Halifax for only a day or two, and the focus of this trip will be seafood (LOL) and scenary. How should I plan this trip?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Jasper
- 2 Toronto - Niagara Falls NO CAR
- 3 Family vacation
- 4 Ferry from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay
- 5 4-6 hours in Gaspe
- 6 Drive from Spokane to Yoho/Banff/Jasper
- 7 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 8 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report
- 9 Van to Alaska Road Trip in 10 days
- 10 2016 East Canada Road Trip
- 11 UP, Manitoulin, and Quebec Driving
- 12 Planning a week in Canadian Rockies, need some help with itinerary !
- 13 Cape Breton, Nova Scotia & PEI
- 14 A month in Atlantic Canada
- 15 Calgary Stampede
- 16 My Trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 17 Fairmont Hot Springs
- 18 11 Day Road trip
- 19 Canada - 1st time
- 20 Niagra Falls, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal?
- 21 Halifax port restaurants
- 22 Natural Habitat Churchill Polar Bear Trips--Tundra Lodge & Hotel
- 23 Road Trip Help
- 24 12 Day Itinerary Nova Scotia
- 25 Return flight ticket cheaper than One Way