My husband ans I are planning a family trip (with mine and his parents) to the east coast in mid June. We will arrive in Halifax on a Sunday and then fly out of Halifax on the following Saturday. I would love to hike the Cabot Trial, as well as going to PEI for a day or two. I have googled the distance between Halifax, Cape Breton, and PEI and the distance is ridiculous!
I am trying to be cognizant of the fact that we will be traveling with our parents and that we may have to give up either PEI or Cape Breton. Help!! Our parents are 60-years-old and healthy. We will be renting a van to drive to our destinations. Is it possible to fit everything in and still have a "leisurely" trip? I want to see Anne of green gables as it was my favourtie book growing up and I also want to see the amazing coastline and scenery in Cape Breton. At the same time I am trying to satisfy our parents' craving for fresh lobster and oysters. I am planning to stay in Halifax for only a day or two, and the focus of this trip will be seafood (LOL) and scenary. How should I plan this trip?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Help for Central Canada Itinerary
- 2 Eastern Townships late Dec. 2016
- 3 Alternatives to expensive hotel parking in Niagara Falls, Canada?
- 4 Eastern Canada Itinerary
- 5 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 6 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 7 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 8 March in Montreal?
- 9 Eastern Canada in December
- 10 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 11 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 12 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 13 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 14 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 15 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 16 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 17 Tofino
- 18 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 19 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 20 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 21 11th and 12th grade
- 22 Vancouver trip report!
- 23 Moving to Nova Scotia
- 24 Toronto and Niagara Falls in November
- 25 Newfoundland itinerary help