My husband ans I are planning a family trip (with mine and his parents) to the east coast in mid June. We will arrive in Halifax on a Sunday and then fly out of Halifax on the following Saturday. I would love to hike the Cabot Trial, as well as going to PEI for a day or two. I have googled the distance between Halifax, Cape Breton, and PEI and the distance is ridiculous!
I am trying to be cognizant of the fact that we will be traveling with our parents and that we may have to give up either PEI or Cape Breton. Help!! Our parents are 60-years-old and healthy. We will be renting a van to drive to our destinations. Is it possible to fit everything in and still have a "leisurely" trip? I want to see Anne of green gables as it was my favourtie book growing up and I also want to see the amazing coastline and scenery in Cape Breton. At the same time I am trying to satisfy our parents' craving for fresh lobster and oysters. I am planning to stay in Halifax for only a day or two, and the focus of this trip will be seafood (LOL) and scenary. How should I plan this trip?
Halifax, Cape Breton, and PEI in 7 days?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 2 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 3 Montreal and Quebec with 12 year old girl
- 4 Driving from Calgary to U SA
- 5 Gaspe
- 6 Tofino -Are 5-6 days long enough or too long for family with preschoolers?
- 7 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 8 ATM for cash in Vancouver
- 9 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 10 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 11 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 12 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 13 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 14 Niagara/Toronto to Quebec & Maybe Montreal--need advice
- 15 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 16 Alberta Wildfires
- 17 Niagara Falls Canada
- 18 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 19 Fresh Fruit from US
- 20 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 21 quebec
- 22 Jet to Victoria
- 23 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 24 Ottawa and Quebec City Restaurants
- 25 icebergs r us/ canada's far east: st john's NL