George Woodie Here:
I just arrived home from a short visit to Winnipeg. Stella's Cafe and Bakery was recommended to my wife and myself and a new location [one of now three] was about to open.
We had just returned from an early morning trip to the airport and stepped into this new spot just as they opened their doors at 07:00. They are open 7 days a week from 07:00 to 22:00. Sunday may be different.
Sunday mornings the large dining room fills quickly even after only being open a few days. So much for the benefit of their good reputation.
Order poached eggs and you can choose from soft, medium or well done. They don't come in a soup of water. Bacon crisp? No problem. A side of ham? It is not from a loaf. You can see meat that looks like meat.
Pancakes, oatmeal and a whole wall of blackboard with different offerings.
Dark roast, light, decafe or Americano. No problem.
Line up to the order desk and no one can not possibly go wrong eating at Stella's.
If I had a bit more time, I would have liked to try their chili. Next trip.
We were the first customers at this new location.
Stella's is a family business and this new location is also their prime bakery.
Our breakfast was GREAT. We were in Winnipeg for another week or so and had breakfast there every morning while we were in that city.
When my future travel takes me back to Winnipeg, I will once again be there every morning.
The staff were friendly smiling [at that g-d awful hour] and could not do enough to make our meal a treat as it always was.
In my effort to lose weight, I asked for [and got] multi grain toast with no butter.
Jeremia, managing this location is a soft spoken man, friendly, efficient, considerate and really knows his business.
Find this location on Sherbrook a few blocks toward downtown from Acadamy Road. Sorry, I should have gotten their proper address.
However, they can be reached at  779 9829.
You will not go wrong at this eatery.
Great Breakfast Restaurant
George Woodie Here:
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 North Vancouver Island
- 2 Rockies trip in June.
- 3 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 4 BUCKET LIST TRIP ACROSS CANADA
- 5 1st time traveler through Canada in April
- 6 Vancouver hotel Times Square Suites
- 7 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 8 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 9 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 10 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 11 Need tips for this trip
- 12 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 13 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 14 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 15 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 16 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 17 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 18 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 19 Newfoundland questions
- 20 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 21 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 22 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 23 Itinerary help
- 24 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
- 25 Montreal/Toronto