George Woodie Here:
I just arrived home from a short visit to Winnipeg. Stella's Cafe and Bakery was recommended to my wife and myself and a new location [one of now three] was about to open.
We had just returned from an early morning trip to the airport and stepped into this new spot just as they opened their doors at 07:00. They are open 7 days a week from 07:00 to 22:00. Sunday may be different.
Sunday mornings the large dining room fills quickly even after only being open a few days. So much for the benefit of their good reputation.
Order poached eggs and you can choose from soft, medium or well done. They don't come in a soup of water. Bacon crisp? No problem. A side of ham? It is not from a loaf. You can see meat that looks like meat.
Pancakes, oatmeal and a whole wall of blackboard with different offerings.
Dark roast, light, decafe or Americano. No problem.
Line up to the order desk and no one can not possibly go wrong eating at Stella's.
If I had a bit more time, I would have liked to try their chili. Next trip.
We were the first customers at this new location.
Stella's is a family business and this new location is also their prime bakery.
Our breakfast was GREAT. We were in Winnipeg for another week or so and had breakfast there every morning while we were in that city.
When my future travel takes me back to Winnipeg, I will once again be there every morning.
The staff were friendly smiling [at that g-d awful hour] and could not do enough to make our meal a treat as it always was.
In my effort to lose weight, I asked for [and got] multi grain toast with no butter.
Jeremia, managing this location is a soft spoken man, friendly, efficient, considerate and really knows his business.
Find this location on Sherbrook a few blocks toward downtown from Acadamy Road. Sorry, I should have gotten their proper address.
However, they can be reached at  779 9829.
You will not go wrong at this eatery.
Great Breakfast Restaurant
George Woodie Here:
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 2 Montreal for work -- what to see?
- 3 Stay inside Algonquin park
- 4 Buddy MacMaster RIP
- 5 Need help planning travel around New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 6 NB, PEI, Nova Scotia in Oct
- 7 Quebec City - week before Christmas or New Year
- 8 Good Restaurants nearby Niagra?
- 9 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 10 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 11 Brian zucker : choosing between Toronto and Niagara falls
- 12 Orange County car services for birthdays
- 13 Rockies Weather Profile for September?
- 14 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 15 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 16 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 17 gasrun.ca, ever wonder how much it costs to drive from A to B?
- 18 Halifax-PEI
- 19 PEI and Nova Scotia
- 20 4 days in Vancouver Island
- 21 Torn about our July multi-generation vacation
- 22 Connecticut to Nova Scotia
- 23 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 24 Quebec City hotel near VIA Rail station
- 25 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI