George Woodie Here:
I just arrived home from a short visit to Winnipeg. Stella's Cafe and Bakery was recommended to my wife and myself and a new location [one of now three] was about to open.
We had just returned from an early morning trip to the airport and stepped into this new spot just as they opened their doors at 07:00. They are open 7 days a week from 07:00 to 22:00. Sunday may be different.
Sunday mornings the large dining room fills quickly even after only being open a few days. So much for the benefit of their good reputation.
Order poached eggs and you can choose from soft, medium or well done. They don't come in a soup of water. Bacon crisp? No problem. A side of ham? It is not from a loaf. You can see meat that looks like meat.
Pancakes, oatmeal and a whole wall of blackboard with different offerings.
Dark roast, light, decafe or Americano. No problem.
Line up to the order desk and no one can not possibly go wrong eating at Stella's.
If I had a bit more time, I would have liked to try their chili. Next trip.
We were the first customers at this new location.
Stella's is a family business and this new location is also their prime bakery.
Our breakfast was GREAT. We were in Winnipeg for another week or so and had breakfast there every morning while we were in that city.
When my future travel takes me back to Winnipeg, I will once again be there every morning.
The staff were friendly smiling [at that g-d awful hour] and could not do enough to make our meal a treat as it always was.
In my effort to lose weight, I asked for [and got] multi grain toast with no butter.
Jeremia, managing this location is a soft spoken man, friendly, efficient, considerate and really knows his business.
Find this location on Sherbrook a few blocks toward downtown from Acadamy Road. Sorry, I should have gotten their proper address.
However, they can be reached at  779 9829.
You will not go wrong at this eatery.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://www.mindextra.com/regal-slim/
- 2 Layover in Toronto
- 3 Travel agencies in Toronto, ON, Canada
- 4 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 5 Icefields Parkway
- 6 Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise, Calgary ITINERARY
- 7 Eastern Canada trip with 3 kids -- advice/itinerary needed
- 8 Driving From Vancouver to Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise all over
- 9 4 Days Vancouver & 5 in Whistler
- 10 Keltic Lodge
- 11 Cat Ferry to Nova Scotia?
- 12 Nature drive in Canada and the U.S.
- 13 Question on Staying on Nova Scotia
- 14 Niagara Falls - 2 Nights Family of 4
- 15 NS and PEI with elderly traveller
- 16 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 17 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 18 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 19 Vancouver to Ft St John/return - summer road trip
- 20 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 21 Banff to Jasper and back
- 22 Canmore for a few days
- 23 The Canadian
- 24 2 weeks ‘corridor’, lowbudget daytrips by public bus, book on the spot?
- 25 Road from Calgary to Whitehorse
George Woodie Here: