George Woodie Here:
I just arrived home from a short visit to Winnipeg. Stella's Cafe and Bakery was recommended to my wife and myself and a new location [one of now three] was about to open.
We had just returned from an early morning trip to the airport and stepped into this new spot just as they opened their doors at 07:00. They are open 7 days a week from 07:00 to 22:00. Sunday may be different.
Sunday mornings the large dining room fills quickly even after only being open a few days. So much for the benefit of their good reputation.
Order poached eggs and you can choose from soft, medium or well done. They don't come in a soup of water. Bacon crisp? No problem. A side of ham? It is not from a loaf. You can see meat that looks like meat.
Pancakes, oatmeal and a whole wall of blackboard with different offerings.
Dark roast, light, decafe or Americano. No problem.
Line up to the order desk and no one can not possibly go wrong eating at Stella's.
If I had a bit more time, I would have liked to try their chili. Next trip.
We were the first customers at this new location.
Stella's is a family business and this new location is also their prime bakery.
Our breakfast was GREAT. We were in Winnipeg for another week or so and had breakfast there every morning while we were in that city.
When my future travel takes me back to Winnipeg, I will once again be there every morning.
The staff were friendly smiling [at that g-d awful hour] and could not do enough to make our meal a treat as it always was.
In my effort to lose weight, I asked for [and got] multi grain toast with no butter.
Jeremia, managing this location is a soft spoken man, friendly, efficient, considerate and really knows his business.
Find this location on Sherbrook a few blocks toward downtown from Acadamy Road. Sorry, I should have gotten their proper address.
However, they can be reached at  779 9829.
You will not go wrong at this eatery.
Great Breakfast Restaurant
George Woodie Here:
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Arriving Montreal, leaving Albany. Best mode for in between?
- 2 Travelling from Edmonton to Vancouver - via Jasper
- 3 Seeking Advice on Banff/Jasper trip Fall 2015
- 4 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 5 looking 12 passenger van rental vancouver
- 6 Layovers in Toronto and Montreal - Ideas?
- 7 Seeking advice for itinerary Waterton and Glacier National Park
- 8 Fall Quebec/Montreal - best time to go?
- 9 Do Canadians need to take the Liablity Insurance when traveling in Florida?
- 10 18 nights in Newfoundland
- 11 Help us see Vancouver island
- 12 Need Help Exploring Best of Vancouver Island Over 4 Days
- 13 Journey series CAD
- 14 Madrid or Montreal
- 15 Help with Kelowna
- 16 Best Scenic Route from Moncton (NB) to Quebec City ??
- 17 9 nights in Nfld
- 18 10 days in The Maritimes
- 19 2 days in Vancouver
- 20 Vancouver
- 21 June trip to: Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper/Via Rail to Vancouver
- 22 Vancouver bike shops and cross Canada what to see
- 23 Imminent travel to Vancouver, Whistler and Calgary. Tips plz!
- 24 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 25 Travelling from Toronto to Quebec City and New Brunswick