George Woodie Here:
I just arrived home from a short visit to Winnipeg. Stella's Cafe and Bakery was recommended to my wife and myself and a new location [one of now three] was about to open.
We had just returned from an early morning trip to the airport and stepped into this new spot just as they opened their doors at 07:00. They are open 7 days a week from 07:00 to 22:00. Sunday may be different.
Sunday mornings the large dining room fills quickly even after only being open a few days. So much for the benefit of their good reputation.
Order poached eggs and you can choose from soft, medium or well done. They don't come in a soup of water. Bacon crisp? No problem. A side of ham? It is not from a loaf. You can see meat that looks like meat.
Pancakes, oatmeal and a whole wall of blackboard with different offerings.
Dark roast, light, decafe or Americano. No problem.
Line up to the order desk and no one can not possibly go wrong eating at Stella's.
If I had a bit more time, I would have liked to try their chili. Next trip.
We were the first customers at this new location.
Stella's is a family business and this new location is also their prime bakery.
Our breakfast was GREAT. We were in Winnipeg for another week or so and had breakfast there every morning while we were in that city.
When my future travel takes me back to Winnipeg, I will once again be there every morning.
The staff were friendly smiling [at that g-d awful hour] and could not do enough to make our meal a treat as it always was.
In my effort to lose weight, I asked for [and got] multi grain toast with no butter.
Jeremia, managing this location is a soft spoken man, friendly, efficient, considerate and really knows his business.
Find this location on Sherbrook a few blocks toward downtown from Acadamy Road. Sorry, I should have gotten their proper address.
However, they can be reached at  779 9829.
You will not go wrong at this eatery.
Great Breakfast Restaurant
George Woodie Here:
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI and Newfoundland in 7-9 days?
- 2 how to search for owls in winter
- 3 iPhone in Canada
- 4 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 5 Canada in winter
- 6 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 7 Relaxing Honeymoon
- 8 What do you think of Boston to Ottawa trip?
- 9 7 Days in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 10 Victoria Dining
- 11 Northern Lights
- 12 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 13 Are plug adaptors needed?
- 14 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 15 Fall Montreal weekend with 11-year-old daughter
- 16 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 17 Mackenzie/Prince George BC - Safety & Car info needed
- 18 The Canadian - Toronto to Vancouver by Train - Part 1
- 19 Searching for the `Northern Lights`
- 20 Looking for custom wine tour from Vernon, BC
- 21 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 22 Help us see Vancouver island
- 23 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 24 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 25 Lodging in Lake Louise