My sister and I are doing a one week trip this July from Calgary to Glacier NP and then north to Lake Louise and Banff before flying out of Calgary. What do you recommend as our route from Glacier/ Waterton Lakes to Lake Louise? I saw an older post recommending route 22 north to route 40 as a scenic route. (We'll be driving route 2 south from Calgary to Glacier.) Is 22 to route 40 still recommended? What about taking 93 north from Glacier--any advantage to that? Any suggestions for places to stay along the way between Waterton Lakes and Lake Louise? Or places to stop to break up the drive? All suggestions for this second half of our trip would be most appreciated! (the first half, between Calgary and Glacier, is pretty much booked at this point) Thanks for any ideas you may have!
Glacier to Lake Louise Route?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 season greetings
- 2 Confused about VIA rail options - upper berth, cabin?
- 3 Taxi Stand near Saint Jean Baptiste in Montreal
- 4 December activities for kids in downtown Toronto?
- 5 Toronto: where to stay?
- 6 Alberta????
- 7 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 8 moving from Saskatchewan - choices
- 9 Ottawa and Montreal New Years
- 10 Wifi rental
- 11 Your favorite travel web sites?
- 12 Short term lodging
- 13 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 14 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 15 Vancouver island or Northern West
- 16 Vancouver top restaurant
- 17 Montreal Entertainment
- 18 Heli skiing in March
- 19 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 20 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 21 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 22 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 23 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 24 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 25 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise