Our family of 4 (kids 10 and 13) arrive in Montreal very late on July 28. On Sunday night, we take the overnight train to Moncton, arriving noon Monday. I've rented a car there. I need to end up in Halifax no later than Saturday pm (but could get there earlier to sightsee). I'd appreciate thoughts on an intinerary. We want to see Hopewell Rocks, maybe the tidal bore raft trip, the fort at Louisbourg, Cabot Trail. We like beaches, the outdoors, off the beaten path. My husband would be interested in some fishing. I have the Halifax hotel but need suggestions for lodging in the itinerary. I don't want to go crazy but can afford a splurge or two. Everything I read about in this area sounds wonderful - - help me put some order to all the ideas I have! I don't want this to be the forced march thru the Maritimes.
Fundy/Cape Breton/Halifax Help!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 2 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 3 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 4 Adventures in Canada
- 5 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 6 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 7 Does the Easter Bunny visit Canada?
- 8 NYC to Montreal by train
- 9 Camping in Canada: sleeping with bears
- 10 Tent trailer camping tips? Ontario to Nanaimo (Summer 2014) with 2 kids
- 11 Two choices for PEI house for a week; which is better?
- 12 Any reviews of Wildland Tours?
- 13 Where to stay in Banff?
- 14 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 15 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 16 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 17 Transport of cremated remains
- 18 Rockies trip in June.
- 19 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 20 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 21 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 22 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 23 First cut Newfoundland itinerary
- 24 7 Days in Newfoundland
- 25 boarder crossing question