Our family of 4 (kids 10 and 13) arrive in Montreal very late on July 28. On Sunday night, we take the overnight train to Moncton, arriving noon Monday. I've rented a car there. I need to end up in Halifax no later than Saturday pm (but could get there earlier to sightsee). I'd appreciate thoughts on an intinerary. We want to see Hopewell Rocks, maybe the tidal bore raft trip, the fort at Louisbourg, Cabot Trail. We like beaches, the outdoors, off the beaten path. My husband would be interested in some fishing. I have the Halifax hotel but need suggestions for lodging in the itinerary. I don't want to go crazy but can afford a splurge or two. Everything I read about in this area sounds wonderful - - help me put some order to all the ideas I have! I don't want this to be the forced march thru the Maritimes.
Fundy/Cape Breton/Halifax Help!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 2 Two choices for PEI house for a week; which is better?
- 3 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 4 NYC to Montreal by train
- 5 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 6 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 7 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 8 Where to stay in Banff?
- 9 Transport of cremated remains
- 10 Rockies trip in June.
- 11 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 12 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 13 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 14 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 15 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 16 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 17 First cut Newfoundland itinerary
- 18 7 Days in Newfoundland
- 19 boarder crossing question
- 20 Best Areas to Stay in Montreal
- 21 Calgary hotel help needed
- 22 Air Canada vs Westjet for flight to Barbados from Toronto
- 23 a week in St John's, NL
- 24 Where to go with grandson in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick , PEI
- 25 graduation in Vancouver