Our family of 4 (kids 10 and 13) arrive in Montreal very late on July 28. On Sunday night, we take the overnight train to Moncton, arriving noon Monday. I've rented a car there. I need to end up in Halifax no later than Saturday pm (but could get there earlier to sightsee). I'd appreciate thoughts on an intinerary. We want to see Hopewell Rocks, maybe the tidal bore raft trip, the fort at Louisbourg, Cabot Trail. We like beaches, the outdoors, off the beaten path. My husband would be interested in some fishing. I have the Halifax hotel but need suggestions for lodging in the itinerary. I don't want to go crazy but can afford a splurge or two. Everything I read about in this area sounds wonderful - - help me put some order to all the ideas I have! I don't want this to be the forced march thru the Maritimes.
Fundy/Cape Breton/Halifax Help!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 2 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 3 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 4 Need tips for this trip
- 5 Rockies trip in June.
- 6 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 7 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 8 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 9 North Vancouver Island
- 10 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 11 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 12 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 13 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 14 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 15 Newfoundland questions
- 16 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 17 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 18 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 19 Itinerary help
- 20 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
- 21 Montreal/Toronto
- 22 Gros Morne hiking
- 23 Victoria for 2 days
- 24 Early Summer Banff/Lake Louise/Field
- 25 Staying in Vancouver