Our family of 4 (kids 10 and 13) arrive in Montreal very late on July 28. On Sunday night, we take the overnight train to Moncton, arriving noon Monday. I've rented a car there. I need to end up in Halifax no later than Saturday pm (but could get there earlier to sightsee). I'd appreciate thoughts on an intinerary. We want to see Hopewell Rocks, maybe the tidal bore raft trip, the fort at Louisbourg, Cabot Trail. We like beaches, the outdoors, off the beaten path. My husband would be interested in some fishing. I have the Halifax hotel but need suggestions for lodging in the itinerary. I don't want to go crazy but can afford a splurge or two. Everything I read about in this area sounds wonderful - - help me put some order to all the ideas I have! I don't want this to be the forced march thru the Maritimes.
Fundy/Cape Breton/Halifax Help!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Taxi Stand near Saint Jean Baptiste in Montreal
- 2 Confused about VIA rail options - upper berth, cabin?
- 3 December activities for kids in downtown Toronto?
- 4 Toronto: where to stay?
- 5 Alberta????
- 6 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 7 moving from Saskatchewan - choices
- 8 Ottawa and Montreal New Years
- 9 Wifi rental
- 10 Your favorite travel web sites?
- 11 Short term lodging
- 12 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 13 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 14 Vancouver island or Northern West
- 15 Vancouver top restaurant
- 16 Montreal Entertainment
- 17 Heli skiing in March
- 18 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 19 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 20 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 21 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 22 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 23 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 24 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 25 Three days in Halifax - One being daytrip to PEI.