I ran across this video on youtube, which really hits upon a lot of key differences between European French and Quebec French. Solange, the speaker, having lived in France for awhile, despite having a Quebecois parent, retains a certain European French sound when she speaks... nevertheless, I think she explains quite well and in an entertaining way. I thought some of you planning a visit to la Belle Province, either coming from elsewhere in the French-speaking world or wishing to practice your French might enjoy a listen to attune your ears.
Best wishes, Daniel
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://healthnbeautyfacts.com/miracle-bust/
- 2 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 3 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 4 9 day Itinerary Banff Lake Louise Jasper
- 5 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 6 What are best Caribbean restaurants in Toronto?
- 7 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 8 Detroit to Windsor must do's
- 9 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 10 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 11 Temporary residency in Canada
- 12 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 13 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 14 water filtration
- 15 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 16 Montreal & Quebec Trip Report
- 17 Western Canada in August
- 18 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 19 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 20 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 21 Jasper with two elderly
- 22 Dempster highway in early September
- 23 jasper
- 24 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 25 Toronto-afternoon tea