Date: 09/09/2006, 12:14 pm
Announcing the NJ/NY/CT GTG (Get To Gether) on Saturday, October 21, 2006.
Where: Where else? -- Paula at Rigoletto in Weehawken, NJ, 3706 Park Ave, Weehawken, 07086 - (201) 422-9500, http://lavacity.com/food_paula.php. Free parking 1/2 block from the restaurant in the shopping center parking lot.
For those of you coming from NY (Midtown), here's a link to the NY Waterway. The Ferry leaves from Midtown (38th) to Port Imperial (Weehawken) every 20 minutes. Pls let us know if you require transportation from the Ferry terminal to the restaurant. Trish has volunteered to pick you up. http://www.nywaterway.com/portimperial_w38.html
When: Saturday, October 21st
Time: 12 Noon until all the wine and limoncello has been consumed, and all the sharing of stories and adventures have been completed. Last June we had a smaller group, but they still had to kick us out at 5pm so they could prepare for an evening event.
BYOB: This is a "bring your own bottle" restaurant. Paula will be providing the wine glasses, and everyone is welcomed to bring a bottle of his/her own "poison." I'll be bringing some of my own wines plus some of our new stuff. (You've got to taste the Petite Sirah)!!
The Venue: Noon to about 1:30, mingle, sip wine, chit-chat, take pictures, and eat hors d'oeuvres.
Oh, there will be a nominal entrance fee (a couple of bucks) to help pay for the hors d'oeuvres - we'll just pass the hat.
Theme: ??? How about everyone come dressed as a pumpkin? Naw!
About 1:30 or so, order lunch from a specially prepared menu made up for our event. Paula's menus in the past have been simply superb.
The nice thing about this restaurant is that everyone will pay for his/her own luncheon selections, including tax/tip. No having to figure out/dividing the bill.
Since the restaurant will only accommodate 30-32 people, RSVP's will be requested.
Trish has volunteered to compile a list of attendees. Please drop her an e-mail if you would like to attend this grandiose event. firstname.lastname@example.org
If you haven't been to one of these GTG's, talk with anyone who has, and they will tell you it's truly a fun event.
Fodors GTG on Oct. 21, 2006, in north NJ
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 2 Camping in Canada: sleeping with bears
- 3 NYC to Montreal by train
- 4 Tent trailer camping tips? Ontario to Nanaimo (Summer 2014) with 2 kids
- 5 Two choices for PEI house for a week; which is better?
- 6 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 7 Any reviews of Wildland Tours?
- 8 Where to stay in Banff?
- 9 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 10 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 11 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 12 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 13 Transport of cremated remains
- 14 Rockies trip in June.
- 15 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 16 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 17 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 18 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 19 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 20 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 21 First cut Newfoundland itinerary
- 22 7 Days in Newfoundland
- 23 boarder crossing question
- 24 Best Areas to Stay in Montreal
- 25 Calgary hotel help needed