Date: 09/09/2006, 12:14 pm
Announcing the NJ/NY/CT GTG (Get To Gether) on Saturday, October 21, 2006.
Where: Where else? -- Paula at Rigoletto in Weehawken, NJ, 3706 Park Ave, Weehawken, 07086 - (201) 422-9500, http://lavacity.com/food_paula.php. Free parking 1/2 block from the restaurant in the shopping center parking lot.
For those of you coming from NY (Midtown), here's a link to the NY Waterway. The Ferry leaves from Midtown (38th) to Port Imperial (Weehawken) every 20 minutes. Pls let us know if you require transportation from the Ferry terminal to the restaurant. Trish has volunteered to pick you up. http://www.nywaterway.com/portimperial_w38.html
When: Saturday, October 21st
Time: 12 Noon until all the wine and limoncello has been consumed, and all the sharing of stories and adventures have been completed. Last June we had a smaller group, but they still had to kick us out at 5pm so they could prepare for an evening event.
BYOB: This is a "bring your own bottle" restaurant. Paula will be providing the wine glasses, and everyone is welcomed to bring a bottle of his/her own "poison." I'll be bringing some of my own wines plus some of our new stuff. (You've got to taste the Petite Sirah)!!
The Venue: Noon to about 1:30, mingle, sip wine, chit-chat, take pictures, and eat hors d'oeuvres.
Oh, there will be a nominal entrance fee (a couple of bucks) to help pay for the hors d'oeuvres - we'll just pass the hat.
Theme: ??? How about everyone come dressed as a pumpkin? Naw!
About 1:30 or so, order lunch from a specially prepared menu made up for our event. Paula's menus in the past have been simply superb.
The nice thing about this restaurant is that everyone will pay for his/her own luncheon selections, including tax/tip. No having to figure out/dividing the bill.
Since the restaurant will only accommodate 30-32 people, RSVP's will be requested.
Trish has volunteered to compile a list of attendees. Please drop her an e-mail if you would like to attend this grandiose event. firstname.lastname@example.org
If you haven't been to one of these GTG's, talk with anyone who has, and they will tell you it's truly a fun event.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Places to stay in Kelowna, British Columbia
- 2 Quebec City in mid-November
- 3 Eastern Canada in December
- 4 Preferred Route for Driving the Rockies in November
- 5 Lake Louise to Seattle Washington
- 6 Roadtrip ON-NL
- 7 Calgary
- 8 Tofino
- 9 Vegetarian Restaurant Recommendations Quebec City
- 10 Gypsy Guide to Driving the Icefield Parkway
- 11 5 day road trip from Vancouver to Calgary
- 12 Would you stay in Quesnel?
- 13 Toronto Union Station area for a few evening hours
- 14 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 15 Toronto or Quebec City?
- 16 Banff in October
- 17 Halifax Nova Scotia to Peggy's Cove
- 18 Quebec City in autumn
- 19 Feedback on itinerary - Mid October Banff/Lake Louise/jasper
- 20 Quebec City
- 21 Family ski holiday
- 22 First Time Trip To Canada!!
- 23 Vancouver and Victoria recommendations
- 24 Please help with BC itinerary
- 25 Travel through Chicago