Returned in July from a 2 week trip for our honeymoon in the Canadian Rockies- we had a fantastic time.
We're now planning a return trip but with an extra part. We like the look of Newfoundland but also have great memories of the Banff area and definitely want to return there.
An initial idea would be to fly out from the UK to Newfoundland, spend a few days there before catching an internal flight to Calgary to drive to Banff for the remainder of our trip.
Where would be the main destination in Newfoundland? How about St. John's? How feasible (including cost) is it to fly internally from Newfoundland to Calgary?
I've heard that Newfoundland is a good spot for viewing the Aurora Borealis and also moose, which we didn't manage to see in the Rockies? Is there a particular time of year when it's best to go to see these?
Any suggestions? Sorry for the vague questions, but we're just coollecting early ideas at the moment!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Montreal, Quebec City and Vermont
- 2 Victoria?
- 3 Need travel help from Toronto to Vermont!
- 4 Marvellous Montreal
- 5 Pacific Northwest Itinerary Help: Victoria, Vancouver, Whistler, Seattle
- 6 Vancouver for Christmas
- 7 Vancouver, Mountains, Public Transit
- 8 Wheelchair accessible trails, sights, activities, etc?
- 9 St John's to Fogo Island : need a half way stop.
- 10 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 11 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 12 Rocky Mountaineer train vacation
- 13 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 14 Road trip to Maritime Provinces
- 15 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 16 Cape Breton Island and Nova Scotia
- 17 One afternoon/night in Calgary.
- 18 Running in Jasper in late summer
- 19 Accomodation in Whistler, B.C.
- 20 Canadian Rockies Itinerary input?
- 21 Opinions on a rental service in Toronto
- 22 Niagara-on-the-Lake B&B for One In Town
- 23 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 24 Quebec-Montreal in Summer
- 25 Would you stay in Quesnel?