Returned in July from a 2 week trip for our honeymoon in the Canadian Rockies- we had a fantastic time.
We're now planning a return trip but with an extra part. We like the look of Newfoundland but also have great memories of the Banff area and definitely want to return there.
An initial idea would be to fly out from the UK to Newfoundland, spend a few days there before catching an internal flight to Calgary to drive to Banff for the remainder of our trip.
Where would be the main destination in Newfoundland? How about St. John's? How feasible (including cost) is it to fly internally from Newfoundland to Calgary?
I've heard that Newfoundland is a good spot for viewing the Aurora Borealis and also moose, which we didn't manage to see in the Rockies? Is there a particular time of year when it's best to go to see these?
Any suggestions? Sorry for the vague questions, but we're just coollecting early ideas at the moment!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise, Calgary ITINERARY
- 2 Eastern Canada trip with 3 kids -- advice/itinerary needed
- 3 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 4 Travel agencies in Toronto, ON, Canada
- 5 Driving From Vancouver to Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise all over
- 6 4 Days Vancouver & 5 in Whistler
- 7 Keltic Lodge
- 8 Cat Ferry to Nova Scotia?
- 9 Nature drive in Canada and the U.S.
- 10 Question on Staying on Nova Scotia
- 11 Niagara Falls - 2 Nights Family of 4
- 12 NS and PEI with elderly traveller
- 13 Icefields Parkway
- 14 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 15 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 16 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 17 Vancouver to Ft St John/return - summer road trip
- 18 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 19 Banff to Jasper and back
- 20 Canmore for a few days
- 21 The Canadian
- 22 2 weeks ‘corridor’, lowbudget daytrips by public bus, book on the spot?
- 23 Road from Calgary to Whitehorse
- 24 Restaurants in Jasper, Alberta
- 25 Getting from Vancouver to Nanaimo without a car