Returned in July from a 2 week trip for our honeymoon in the Canadian Rockies- we had a fantastic time.
We're now planning a return trip but with an extra part. We like the look of Newfoundland but also have great memories of the Banff area and definitely want to return there.
An initial idea would be to fly out from the UK to Newfoundland, spend a few days there before catching an internal flight to Calgary to drive to Banff for the remainder of our trip.
Where would be the main destination in Newfoundland? How about St. John's? How feasible (including cost) is it to fly internally from Newfoundland to Calgary?
I've heard that Newfoundland is a good spot for viewing the Aurora Borealis and also moose, which we didn't manage to see in the Rockies? Is there a particular time of year when it's best to go to see these?
Any suggestions? Sorry for the vague questions, but we're just coollecting early ideas at the moment!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 car seat requirements in Canada for kids
- 2 YUL to Old Montreal with kids
- 3 Bears in Britsch Columbia and Alberta
- 4 Nova Scotia Wineries
- 5 Nova Scotia Cabot Trail- Which hikes to consider?
- 6 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 7 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 8 Calgary, Banff, and Jasper
- 9 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 10 Traveling to the maritimes this summer
- 11 Quebec to yarmouth
- 12 6 hr Montreal Layover
- 13 Winter resort offering snowshoeing, dog sledding and boat trip
- 14 Overnight en route to Fogo Island
- 15 Pre- and post-cruise plans
- 16 Storing luggage in Vancouver
- 17 Work Visa Cutt off Age
- 18 Visit to the Maritimes Aug 2 - 11
- 19 Restaurants in Banff and Jasper / Canadian Rockies
- 20 5 hour layover in Toronto on a Tuesday
- 21 Toronto lodging for 15 people - something unique?
- 22 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 23 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 24 Getting from Anchorage to Chicago Via Train?
- 25 Pearson Airport logistics