Returned in July from a 2 week trip for our honeymoon in the Canadian Rockies- we had a fantastic time.
We're now planning a return trip but with an extra part. We like the look of Newfoundland but also have great memories of the Banff area and definitely want to return there.
An initial idea would be to fly out from the UK to Newfoundland, spend a few days there before catching an internal flight to Calgary to drive to Banff for the remainder of our trip.
Where would be the main destination in Newfoundland? How about St. John's? How feasible (including cost) is it to fly internally from Newfoundland to Calgary?
I've heard that Newfoundland is a good spot for viewing the Aurora Borealis and also moose, which we didn't manage to see in the Rockies? Is there a particular time of year when it's best to go to see these?
Any suggestions? Sorry for the vague questions, but we're just coollecting early ideas at the moment!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Transportation questions Vancouver and Victoria
- 2 http://supplementbase.com/juvarelle-serum
- 3 Jasper/Banff holiday help
- 4 9 Days in a Camper Van, Alberta Rockies Itinerary
- 5 Hotel near Stanley Parc
- 6 Looking for travel lapel pins HELP
- 7 Itinerary feedback, please
- 8 Romantic 4-Day July Getaway Ideas Needed
- 9 Need Help!! 1 week itinerary vancouver, whistler & islands
- 10 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 11 Ocean Odyssey: Vancouver Island (and Vancouver)
- 12 Canada's 150th anniversary in the Maritimes
- 13 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 14 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 15 Best Way
- 16 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 17 Montreal and Quebec City in August
- 18 9 hour layover in Montreal, what to do?
- 19 Bay of Fundy
- 20 Toronto 2 nights from Buffalo
- 21 Best way to do Vancouver to Calgary as a group
- 22 First trip to Vancouver
- 23 40th birthday party ideas in canada, May 5th 2017
- 24 Portland/Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver Honeymoon
- 25 Alberta Trip_2017