Returned in July from a 2 week trip for our honeymoon in the Canadian Rockies- we had a fantastic time.
We're now planning a return trip but with an extra part. We like the look of Newfoundland but also have great memories of the Banff area and definitely want to return there.
An initial idea would be to fly out from the UK to Newfoundland, spend a few days there before catching an internal flight to Calgary to drive to Banff for the remainder of our trip.
Where would be the main destination in Newfoundland? How about St. John's? How feasible (including cost) is it to fly internally from Newfoundland to Calgary?
I've heard that Newfoundland is a good spot for viewing the Aurora Borealis and also moose, which we didn't manage to see in the Rockies? Is there a particular time of year when it's best to go to see these?
Any suggestions? Sorry for the vague questions, but we're just coollecting early ideas at the moment!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Dependent upon the diversion
- 2 Bus trip packing for August, Vancouver & Banff
- 3 One Week In Newfoundland itinerary advice.
- 4 Niagra Falls
- 5 Calgary-Vancouver-Calgary 12-day road trip
- 6 First Time Trip to Canada
- 7 Fodor's Montreal & Quebec City Errata
- 8 Irish Loop, Newfoundland
- 9 Seattle/Vancouver Retreat
- 10 A week in Eastern Newfoundland
- 11 Road trip from Toronto to New Brunswick and back
- 12 Vancouver 2016 Trip Report
- 13 a visit to st john's one of the oldest cities
- 14 Need Help for First Trip to Toronto
- 15 Maritimes Trip - First Time 2016
- 16 Transporation - Quebec City to Montreal?
- 17 How were you treated in Quebec?
- 18 ideas for a short trip near Niagara
- 19 Dog Sled, Aurora & Niagara!!
- 20 Banff / Jasper 6 days
- 21 Road Trip to Calgary
- 22 Montreal to Quebec Ciry
- 23 A Week in Nova Scotia
- 24 Thousand Islands - Must Dos
- 25 Thousand Islands - Hiking