I'm trying to plan our driving route for an upcoming trip from eastern Massachusetts to PEI, and I thought it would be great to visit Campobello Island either on the way there or home. I can't find much information about the ferries other than their schedules, so I'd really appreciate more info. The Deer Island to L'Etete ferry appears to have a capacity of 24 cars, but I can't find what the capacity of the ferry to Campobello Island is. We'll be traveling either in late June or early/mid July. Can anyone tell me if we're likely to encounter long waits at the ferries, and if they tend to fill up? Since they only run once an hour, not being able to get on one would cause a big delay. I don't see any mention of reservations, i assume they don't take them. I'm worried that if we try to get on the ferries near the end of the day (which seems quite possible) we could run into trouble if they're full. Also, do the ferries from Deer Island to Campobello and the ferries from Deer Island to L'Etete leave from the same place, or would we need to drive somewhere else to catch the second ferry? (I'm assuming this might be the case, and the terminals are at opposite ends of the island). If so, how long is the drive between the ferry terminals? Thanks for any help.
Ferries to Campobello Island and Deer Islands - how crowded and other questions
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 2 Canada in winter
- 3 Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI and Newfoundland in 7-9 days?
- 4 Relaxing Honeymoon
- 5 What do you think of Boston to Ottawa trip?
- 6 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 7 7 Days in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 8 Victoria Dining
- 9 Northern Lights
- 10 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 11 Are plug adaptors needed?
- 12 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 13 Fall Montreal weekend with 11-year-old daughter
- 14 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 15 Mackenzie/Prince George BC - Safety & Car info needed
- 16 The Canadian - Toronto to Vancouver by Train - Part 1
- 17 Searching for the `Northern Lights`
- 18 Looking for custom wine tour from Vernon, BC
- 19 how to search for owls in winter
- 20 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 21 Help us see Vancouver island
- 22 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 23 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 24 Lodging in Lake Louise
- 25 Montreal Hop on hopoff bus