I'm trying to plan our driving route for an upcoming trip from eastern Massachusetts to PEI, and I thought it would be great to visit Campobello Island either on the way there or home. I can't find much information about the ferries other than their schedules, so I'd really appreciate more info. The Deer Island to L'Etete ferry appears to have a capacity of 24 cars, but I can't find what the capacity of the ferry to Campobello Island is. We'll be traveling either in late June or early/mid July. Can anyone tell me if we're likely to encounter long waits at the ferries, and if they tend to fill up? Since they only run once an hour, not being able to get on one would cause a big delay. I don't see any mention of reservations, i assume they don't take them. I'm worried that if we try to get on the ferries near the end of the day (which seems quite possible) we could run into trouble if they're full. Also, do the ferries from Deer Island to Campobello and the ferries from Deer Island to L'Etete leave from the same place, or would we need to drive somewhere else to catch the second ferry? (I'm assuming this might be the case, and the terminals are at opposite ends of the island). If so, how long is the drive between the ferry terminals? Thanks for any help.
Ferries to Campobello Island and Deer Islands - how crowded and other questions
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Is anyone has visited eagle lake in ontario
- 2 Quebec City trip.report
- 3 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 4 Family holiday in Canada ( winter)..accommodation in Montana and Idaho too!
- 5 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 6 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 7 Quebic City or Montreal
- 8 Lake Louise/Jasper trip report
- 9 Christmas Day in Quebec City
- 10 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 11 ft nelson bc
- 12 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 13 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 14 Happy Thanksgiving!!!
- 15 Niagara Falls October 10-12
- 16 canada in the winter?
- 17 Canada in winter
- 18 10 Day Trip to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick
- 19 Banff - Jasper weekend itinerary October
- 20 HELP revamping Nova Scotia trip due to illness
- 21 Telegraph cove
- 22 trip report rockies
- 23 iPhone in Canada
- 24 Bringing mountain bike on flight to Can Cun.
- 25 Weather in Quebec City end of October