I'm trying to plan our driving route for an upcoming trip from eastern Massachusetts to PEI, and I thought it would be great to visit Campobello Island either on the way there or home. I can't find much information about the ferries other than their schedules, so I'd really appreciate more info. The Deer Island to L'Etete ferry appears to have a capacity of 24 cars, but I can't find what the capacity of the ferry to Campobello Island is. We'll be traveling either in late June or early/mid July. Can anyone tell me if we're likely to encounter long waits at the ferries, and if they tend to fill up? Since they only run once an hour, not being able to get on one would cause a big delay. I don't see any mention of reservations, i assume they don't take them. I'm worried that if we try to get on the ferries near the end of the day (which seems quite possible) we could run into trouble if they're full. Also, do the ferries from Deer Island to Campobello and the ferries from Deer Island to L'Etete leave from the same place, or would we need to drive somewhere else to catch the second ferry? (I'm assuming this might be the case, and the terminals are at opposite ends of the island). If so, how long is the drive between the ferry terminals? Thanks for any help.
Ferries to Campobello Island and Deer Islands - how crowded and other questions
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Thousand Islands
- 2 My first visit to Montreal(Canada in general), going solo!
- 3 Rockies in Winter for a non skiier - review of accommodation and tours
- 4 How long to connect in Toronto?
- 5 Coach class Canadian Via
- 6 Honeymoon destination
- 7 Rockies to Vancouver
- 8 Confused about VIA rail options - upper berth, cabin?
- 9 season greetings
- 10 Taxi Stand near Saint Jean Baptiste in Montreal
- 11 December activities for kids in downtown Toronto?
- 12 Toronto: where to stay?
- 13 Alberta????
- 14 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 15 moving from Saskatchewan - choices
- 16 Ottawa and Montreal New Years
- 17 Wifi rental
- 18 Your favorite travel web sites?
- 19 Short term lodging
- 20 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 21 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 22 Vancouver island or Northern West
- 23 Vancouver top restaurant
- 24 Montreal Entertainment
- 25 Heli skiing in March