I'm trying to plan our driving route for an upcoming trip from eastern Massachusetts to PEI, and I thought it would be great to visit Campobello Island either on the way there or home. I can't find much information about the ferries other than their schedules, so I'd really appreciate more info. The Deer Island to L'Etete ferry appears to have a capacity of 24 cars, but I can't find what the capacity of the ferry to Campobello Island is. We'll be traveling either in late June or early/mid July. Can anyone tell me if we're likely to encounter long waits at the ferries, and if they tend to fill up? Since they only run once an hour, not being able to get on one would cause a big delay. I don't see any mention of reservations, i assume they don't take them. I'm worried that if we try to get on the ferries near the end of the day (which seems quite possible) we could run into trouble if they're full. Also, do the ferries from Deer Island to Campobello and the ferries from Deer Island to L'Etete leave from the same place, or would we need to drive somewhere else to catch the second ferry? (I'm assuming this might be the case, and the terminals are at opposite ends of the island). If so, how long is the drive between the ferry terminals? Thanks for any help.
Ferries to Campobello Island and Deer Islands - how crowded and other questions
View all Canada activity »
- 1 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 2 Recommended language schools in Montreal or Quebec City?
- 3 Christmas Eve Dinner in Quebec City with kids
- 4 alberta is experiencing a big storm dec 2
- 5 Looking for suggestions: Banff activities for 7-year old
- 6 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 7 Ucluelet or Tofino
- 8 Banff/Canmore, Lake Louise (Field?) and Jasper in July
- 9 Golden, British Columbia
- 10 Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver - May/June 14
- 11 Northern Lights at Banff National Park in Winter?
- 12 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 13 Best time of year and place for salmon fishing
- 14 tofino kayaking and fishing
- 15 Hiking Crypt Lake in May
- 16 Trip to Maritime Provinces
- 17 HELP ! Where to move in Vancouver?
- 18 Which area to live in Kelowna? Help please.
- 19 America by Rail
- 20 trip - Calgary, Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise -- where to stay?
- 21 Travel partner to Banff AB
- 22 Canadians with second home in Phoenix -- gift ideas?
- 23 Best SIM card for use in Canada - mainly for data
- 24 Information needed
- 25 Reliable Taxis in Vancouver