I'm trying to plan our driving route for an upcoming trip from eastern Massachusetts to PEI, and I thought it would be great to visit Campobello Island either on the way there or home. I can't find much information about the ferries other than their schedules, so I'd really appreciate more info. The Deer Island to L'Etete ferry appears to have a capacity of 24 cars, but I can't find what the capacity of the ferry to Campobello Island is. We'll be traveling either in late June or early/mid July. Can anyone tell me if we're likely to encounter long waits at the ferries, and if they tend to fill up? Since they only run once an hour, not being able to get on one would cause a big delay. I don't see any mention of reservations, i assume they don't take them. I'm worried that if we try to get on the ferries near the end of the day (which seems quite possible) we could run into trouble if they're full. Also, do the ferries from Deer Island to Campobello and the ferries from Deer Island to L'Etete leave from the same place, or would we need to drive somewhere else to catch the second ferry? (I'm assuming this might be the case, and the terminals are at opposite ends of the island). If so, how long is the drive between the ferry terminals? Thanks for any help.
Ferries to Campobello Island and Deer Islands - how crowded and other questions
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Two choices for PEI house for a week; which is better?
- 2 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 3 Camping in Canada: sleeping with bears
- 4 NYC to Montreal by train
- 5 Any reviews of Wildland Tours?
- 6 Where to stay in Banff?
- 7 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 8 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 9 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 10 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 11 Transport of cremated remains
- 12 Rockies trip in June.
- 13 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 14 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 15 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 16 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 17 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 18 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 19 First cut Newfoundland itinerary
- 20 7 Days in Newfoundland
- 21 boarder crossing question
- 22 Best Areas to Stay in Montreal
- 23 Calgary hotel help needed
- 24 Air Canada vs Westjet for flight to Barbados from Toronto
- 25 a week in St John's, NL