I may be relocating to PEI and would like to learn about the agriculture industry from folks who have visited or live there. From what I understand, crops (particularly potatoes), dairy cattle, fish, and tourism are the dominant island industries. Is dairying still going strong or is it fading out (similar to the US)? Are there farms all over the place --- does the island still feel agriculture-driven or more tourism-dominated? Any large "industrial" farms or mostly small, family farms? Is the swine and beef cattle contingent strong?
I have read a fair amout of info from government websites, but I would really like to hear from individuals. Any information would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 US : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 3 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 4 Activity Suggestions for Quebec City + Montreal for 10 days
- 5 Victoria, Canada
- 6 Toronto - Last Minute Ideas
- 7 Best places in Toronto
- 8 Tweak itinerary for Canadian Rockies
- 9 Day trip from Toronto to 1000 Islands
- 10 Planning a trip to 1000 Islands
- 11 Is it too late to plan Banff & Jasper for this July?
- 12 Newfoundland in early June
- 13 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 14 Think a horsey ride is a good idea?
- 15 Vancouver/Seattle Trip
- 16 HELP: Winnipeg to Grand Forks,ND
- 17 Toronto to N.F. to Buffalo without a car. Need help.
- 18 Nova Scotia in July
- 19 Cape Breton in early June
- 20 Magdalen Islands in early June
- 21 Magdalen Islands
- 22 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 23 How to break the drive from Montreal to Niagara falls?
- 24 Passport question for Int flight
- 25 Banff Jasper Itinerary Help - Need ASAP Married Couple 9 days