I may be relocating to PEI and would like to learn about the agriculture industry from folks who have visited or live there. From what I understand, crops (particularly potatoes), dairy cattle, fish, and tourism are the dominant island industries. Is dairying still going strong or is it fading out (similar to the US)? Are there farms all over the place --- does the island still feel agriculture-driven or more tourism-dominated? Any large "industrial" farms or mostly small, family farms? Is the swine and beef cattle contingent strong?
I have read a fair amout of info from government websites, but I would really like to hear from individuals. Any information would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Thanksgiving in Canada
- 2 RV trip to Alberta to see Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper,etc.
- 3 Foodie Advice for Vancouver...Please!
- 4 Romantic Dine and Dance Vancouver
- 5 Jasper
- 6 day trip to Victoria
- 7 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 8 Cape Breton, Nova Scotia & PEI
- 9 Van to Alaska Road Trip in 10 days
- 10 Newfoundland in July
- 11 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report
- 12 Toronto - Niagara Falls NO CAR
- 13 roadtrip kelowna and alberta
- 14 Planning a week in Canadian Rockies, need some help with itinerary !
- 15 Family vacation
- 16 Ferry from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay
- 17 4-6 hours in Gaspe
- 18 Drive from Spokane to Yoho/Banff/Jasper
- 19 2016 East Canada Road Trip
- 20 UP, Manitoulin, and Quebec Driving
- 21 A month in Atlantic Canada
- 22 Calgary Stampede
- 23 My Trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 24 Fairmont Hot Springs
- 25 11 Day Road trip