I may be relocating to PEI and would like to learn about the agriculture industry from folks who have visited or live there. From what I understand, crops (particularly potatoes), dairy cattle, fish, and tourism are the dominant island industries. Is dairying still going strong or is it fading out (similar to the US)? Are there farms all over the place --- does the island still feel agriculture-driven or more tourism-dominated? Any large "industrial" farms or mostly small, family farms? Is the swine and beef cattle contingent strong?
I have read a fair amout of info from government websites, but I would really like to hear from individuals. Any information would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Area between Montreal and Lake Champlain, VT
- 2 Itinerary help needed: Seattle, Olympic National Park,Victorian Vancouver
- 3 Newfoundland by Public Transit! Can't Be Done!
- 4 Montreal Quebec road trip with kids
- 5 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 6 Two week taster
- 7 Is it possible to drive to Nunavut?
- 8 Part Montreal, Part ?? 9 days
- 9 Fairmont Queen Elizabeth or Hotel Le St. James
- 10 Need help with Banff and Jasper Trip planning
- 11 Translink and itinerary questions
- 12 Driving the Cabot Trail
- 13 Montreal Restaurants
- 14 Victoria Island
- 15 Traveling with your bike
- 16 Would love to hear thoughts on Nova Scotia, NB and a dip into Maine
- 17 Halifax/PE in 6 nights
- 18 Bay of Fundy
- 19 Buying on Road Trip US>Canada>US
- 20 Banff/Yoho/Kootenay/Jasper Travelers Advice Please
- 21 Icebergs, Whales, Puffins and Potholes - A Newfoundland Adventure
- 22 First Hikes - Flatlanders
- 23 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 24 4 days in Montreal
- 25 Two Wonderful Weeks in the Maritimes