I may be relocating to PEI and would like to learn about the agriculture industry from folks who have visited or live there. From what I understand, crops (particularly potatoes), dairy cattle, fish, and tourism are the dominant island industries. Is dairying still going strong or is it fading out (similar to the US)? Are there farms all over the place --- does the island still feel agriculture-driven or more tourism-dominated? Any large "industrial" farms or mostly small, family farms? Is the swine and beef cattle contingent strong?
I have read a fair amout of info from government websites, but I would really like to hear from individuals. Any information would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Victoria?
- 2 Marvellous Montreal
- 3 Pacific Northwest Itinerary Help: Victoria, Vancouver, Whistler, Seattle
- 4 Vancouver for Christmas
- 5 Vancouver, Mountains, Public Transit
- 6 Wheelchair accessible trails, sights, activities, etc?
- 7 St John's to Fogo Island : need a half way stop.
- 8 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 9 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 10 Rocky Mountaineer train vacation
- 11 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 12 Road trip to Maritime Provinces
- 13 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 14 Need travel help from Toronto to Vermont!
- 15 Cape Breton Island and Nova Scotia
- 16 One afternoon/night in Calgary.
- 17 Running in Jasper in late summer
- 18 Accomodation in Whistler, B.C.
- 19 Canadian Rockies Itinerary input?
- 20 Opinions on a rental service in Toronto
- 21 Niagara-on-the-Lake B&B for One In Town
- 22 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 23 Quebec-Montreal in Summer
- 24 Would you stay in Quesnel?
- 25 PEI or Cape Breton?