I may be relocating to PEI and would like to learn about the agriculture industry from folks who have visited or live there. From what I understand, crops (particularly potatoes), dairy cattle, fish, and tourism are the dominant island industries. Is dairying still going strong or is it fading out (similar to the US)? Are there farms all over the place --- does the island still feel agriculture-driven or more tourism-dominated? Any large "industrial" farms or mostly small, family farms? Is the swine and beef cattle contingent strong?
I have read a fair amout of info from government websites, but I would really like to hear from individuals. Any information would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 2 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 3 What are best Caribbean restaurants in Toronto?
- 4 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 5 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 6 Detroit to Windsor must do's
- 7 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 8 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 9 Temporary residency in Canada
- 10 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 11 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 12 water filtration
- 13 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 14 Montreal & Quebec Trip Report
- 15 Western Canada in August
- 16 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 17 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 18 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 19 Jasper with two elderly
- 20 Dempster highway in early September
- 21 jasper
- 22 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 23 Toronto-afternoon tea
- 24 BC Ferries Experience Card
- 25 Banff, and Glacier National Park