I may be relocating to PEI and would like to learn about the agriculture industry from folks who have visited or live there. From what I understand, crops (particularly potatoes), dairy cattle, fish, and tourism are the dominant island industries. Is dairying still going strong or is it fading out (similar to the US)? Are there farms all over the place --- does the island still feel agriculture-driven or more tourism-dominated? Any large "industrial" farms or mostly small, family farms? Is the swine and beef cattle contingent strong?
I have read a fair amout of info from government websites, but I would really like to hear from individuals. Any information would be appreciated.
Farms and PEI
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 2 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 3 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 4 Ottawa and Quebec City Restaurants
- 5 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 6 quebec
- 7 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 8 Alberta Wildfires
- 9 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 10 icebergs r us/ canada's far east: st john's NL
- 11 When Train Plans Go Awry—My 2 Day Winnipeg/ Saint Boniface Odyssey
- 12 Niagara Falls Canada
- 13 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 14 One Day in Niagra falls with kids
- 15 What do you think of this itinerary Ontario-Qebec trip?
- 16 Driving Victoria to Toronto
- 17 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 18 edmonton-jasper, banff, lake louise
- 19 Grouse or Whistler?
- 20 What all are must go locations in Algonquin Park ?
- 21 Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
- 22 Whale Watching in Lunenburg - has anyone had a good experience?
- 23 East Coast Road Trip from Halifax to Toronto
- 24 Adirondacks to Montreal to Quebec City with Kids End of August
- 25 Restaurants inWhistler