I may be relocating to PEI and would like to learn about the agriculture industry from folks who have visited or live there. From what I understand, crops (particularly potatoes), dairy cattle, fish, and tourism are the dominant island industries. Is dairying still going strong or is it fading out (similar to the US)? Are there farms all over the place --- does the island still feel agriculture-driven or more tourism-dominated? Any large "industrial" farms or mostly small, family farms? Is the swine and beef cattle contingent strong?
I have read a fair amout of info from government websites, but I would really like to hear from individuals. Any information would be appreciated.
Farms and PEI
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Relaxing Honeymoon
- 2 What do you think of Boston to Ottawa trip?
- 3 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 4 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 5 7 Days in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 6 Victoria Dining
- 7 Northern Lights
- 8 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 9 Are plug adaptors needed?
- 10 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 11 Fall Montreal weekend with 11-year-old daughter
- 12 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 13 Mackenzie/Prince George BC - Safety & Car info needed
- 14 The Canadian - Toronto to Vancouver by Train - Part 1
- 15 Searching for the `Northern Lights`
- 16 Looking for custom wine tour from Vernon, BC
- 17 how to search for owls in winter
- 18 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 19 Help us see Vancouver island
- 20 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 21 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 22 Lodging in Lake Louise
- 23 Montreal Hop on hopoff bus
- 24 Orleans Express Montreal Station
- 25 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI