I may be relocating to PEI and would like to learn about the agriculture industry from folks who have visited or live there. From what I understand, crops (particularly potatoes), dairy cattle, fish, and tourism are the dominant island industries. Is dairying still going strong or is it fading out (similar to the US)? Are there farms all over the place --- does the island still feel agriculture-driven or more tourism-dominated? Any large "industrial" farms or mostly small, family farms? Is the swine and beef cattle contingent strong?
I have read a fair amout of info from government websites, but I would really like to hear from individuals. Any information would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Transportation questions Vancouver and Victoria
- 2 Transportation documents between SEA and YVR
- 3 Jasper/Banff holiday help
- 4 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 5 9 Days in a Camper Van, Alberta Rockies Itinerary
- 6 10 Days in Nova Scotia
- 7 Small group tour for my parents
- 8 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 9 Romantic 4-Day July Getaway Ideas Needed
- 10 Hotel near Stanley Parc
- 11 Looking for travel lapel pins HELP
- 12 Itinerary feedback, please
- 13 Need Help!! 1 week itinerary vancouver, whistler & islands
- 14 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 15 Ocean Odyssey: Vancouver Island (and Vancouver)
- 16 Canada's 150th anniversary in the Maritimes
- 17 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 18 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 19 Best Way
- 20 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 21 Montreal and Quebec City in August
- 22 9 hour layover in Montreal, what to do?
- 23 Bay of Fundy
- 24 Toronto 2 nights from Buffalo
- 25 Best way to do Vancouver to Calgary as a group