I may be relocating to PEI and would like to learn about the agriculture industry from folks who have visited or live there. From what I understand, crops (particularly potatoes), dairy cattle, fish, and tourism are the dominant island industries. Is dairying still going strong or is it fading out (similar to the US)? Are there farms all over the place --- does the island still feel agriculture-driven or more tourism-dominated? Any large "industrial" farms or mostly small, family farms? Is the swine and beef cattle contingent strong?
I have read a fair amout of info from government websites, but I would really like to hear from individuals. Any information would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 2 Skiing in Whistler
- 3 How to Eat Properly. for Your Best Digestion | Shaylagarland
- 4 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 5 lodging in whistler
- 6 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 7 BC or Alberta drives
- 8 Torino in february
- 9 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 10 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast
- 11 My Family Travle Vlog
- 12 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 13 Nova Scotia: Fort Louisbourg?
- 14 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 15 What is famous in canada?
- 16 Looking for fellow travellers
- 17 Banff conference- 2 days to sightsee
- 18 Pacific Central Rail Station Vancouver--Taxi?
- 19 Boston to Cabot Trail for foliage
- 20 Happy Canada Day
- 21 Calgary plus Canada Rockies- Advice
- 22 Across Canada by Train
- 23 Montreal & Quebec City
- 24 Ottawa in December
- 25 Recommended car hire