I may be relocating to PEI and would like to learn about the agriculture industry from folks who have visited or live there. From what I understand, crops (particularly potatoes), dairy cattle, fish, and tourism are the dominant island industries. Is dairying still going strong or is it fading out (similar to the US)? Are there farms all over the place --- does the island still feel agriculture-driven or more tourism-dominated? Any large "industrial" farms or mostly small, family farms? Is the swine and beef cattle contingent strong?
I have read a fair amout of info from government websites, but I would really like to hear from individuals. Any information would be appreciated.
Farms and PEI
- 1 Parking in Montreal
- 2 Winter getaway to Quebec City!!
- 3 Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver - May/June 14
- 4 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 5 VANCOUVER AUGUST 2014
- 6 Golden BC
- 7 Looking for suggestions: Banff activities for 7-year old
- 8 Camping in Banff & Jasper Natl Parks
- 9 Which area to live in Kelowna? Help please.
- 10 HELP ! Where to move in Vancouver?
- 11 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 12 Two students going to Montreal/Quebec City for cheap
- 13 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 14 Recommended language schools in Montreal or Quebec City?
- 15 Christmas Eve Dinner in Quebec City with kids
- 16 alberta is experiencing a big storm dec 2
- 17 Ucluelet or Tofino
- 18 Banff/Canmore, Lake Louise (Field?) and Jasper in July
- 19 Golden, British Columbia
- 20 Northern Lights at Banff National Park in Winter?
- 21 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 22 Best time of year and place for salmon fishing
- 23 tofino kayaking and fishing
- 24 Hiking Crypt Lake in May
- 25 Trip to Maritime Provinces