I may be relocating to PEI and would like to learn about the agriculture industry from folks who have visited or live there. From what I understand, crops (particularly potatoes), dairy cattle, fish, and tourism are the dominant island industries. Is dairying still going strong or is it fading out (similar to the US)? Are there farms all over the place --- does the island still feel agriculture-driven or more tourism-dominated? Any large "industrial" farms or mostly small, family farms? Is the swine and beef cattle contingent strong?
I have read a fair amout of info from government websites, but I would really like to hear from individuals. Any information would be appreciated.
Farms and PEI
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Executive Home Available For Lease In The Sought-After Toronto Beaches!
- 2 North Vancouver Island
- 3 Rockies trip in June.
- 4 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 5 BUCKET LIST TRIP ACROSS CANADA
- 6 1st time traveler through Canada in April
- 7 Vancouver hotel Times Square Suites
- 8 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 9 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 10 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 11 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 12 Need tips for this trip
- 13 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 14 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 15 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 16 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 17 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 18 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 19 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 20 Newfoundland questions
- 21 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 22 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 23 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 24 Itinerary help
- 25 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!