I may be relocating to PEI and would like to learn about the agriculture industry from folks who have visited or live there. From what I understand, crops (particularly potatoes), dairy cattle, fish, and tourism are the dominant island industries. Is dairying still going strong or is it fading out (similar to the US)? Are there farms all over the place --- does the island still feel agriculture-driven or more tourism-dominated? Any large "industrial" farms or mostly small, family farms? Is the swine and beef cattle contingent strong?
I have read a fair amout of info from government websites, but I would really like to hear from individuals. Any information would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Initial planning for Vancouver and Tofino in September
- 2 Victoria or Qualicum BEACH in winter
- 3 Rockies Tour, itinerary critic.
- 4 Vancouver in June
- 5 Halifax to Moncton
- 6 Marriott Chateau Champlain beside Bell Centre
- 7 Rockies or Atlantic Canada?
- 8 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 9 Restaurant in Montreal underground
- 10 3 days in europe
- 11 Qualicum Beach, North of Nashville concert
- 12 30th anniversary spot in BC or Alberta in August
- 13 Vancouver Chinatown Night Markets
- 14 Quebec province GTG?
- 15 57 YEAR OLD GRANDMOTHER BACKPACKS ACROSS CANADA
- 16 banff - trail closed - be bear wise
- 17 Quebec Jazz? other to do's?
- 18 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 19 Best hikes in Banff
- 20 Affordable accommodation for 5 in Tofino
- 21 Taking Amtrak from Plattsburg to Montreal
- 22 Is this area in Montreal safe?
- 23 Train to Vancouver from Toronto
- 24 Pros and Cons of using a Car in Vancouver
- 25 Nova Scotia hotels