I may be relocating to PEI and would like to learn about the agriculture industry from folks who have visited or live there. From what I understand, crops (particularly potatoes), dairy cattle, fish, and tourism are the dominant island industries. Is dairying still going strong or is it fading out (similar to the US)? Are there farms all over the place --- does the island still feel agriculture-driven or more tourism-dominated? Any large "industrial" farms or mostly small, family farms? Is the swine and beef cattle contingent strong?
I have read a fair amout of info from government websites, but I would really like to hear from individuals. Any information would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Kitchen Units Glasgow
- 2 http://www.healthdiscreet.com/luminesque/
- 3 Vancouver for Christmas
- 4 Border crossing
- 5 Help for Central Canada Itinerary
- 6 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 7 Eastern Townships late Dec. 2016
- 8 Alternatives to expensive hotel parking in Niagara Falls, Canada?
- 9 Eastern Canada Itinerary
- 10 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 11 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 12 March in Montreal?
- 13 Eastern Canada in December
- 14 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 15 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 16 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 17 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 18 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 19 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 20 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 21 Tofino
- 22 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 23 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 24 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 25 11th and 12th grade