I may be relocating to PEI and would like to learn about the agriculture industry from folks who have visited or live there. From what I understand, crops (particularly potatoes), dairy cattle, fish, and tourism are the dominant island industries. Is dairying still going strong or is it fading out (similar to the US)? Are there farms all over the place --- does the island still feel agriculture-driven or more tourism-dominated? Any large "industrial" farms or mostly small, family farms? Is the swine and beef cattle contingent strong?
I have read a fair amout of info from government websites, but I would really like to hear from individuals. Any information would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Please advice on 1.5 day itinerary in Jasper, Banff
- 2 24 hours in Toronto
- 3 Do I need a rental car for travel to Seattle and Vancouver (Sept 2016)?
- 4 Ontario to PEI Roadtrip!
- 5 Thousand Islands - Must Dos
- 6 Vancouver 4 days
- 7 Looks for Sites in Manitoba
- 8 Trip to Tornoto
- 9 Marvellous Montreal
- 10 Cross country road trip in Déc 2016
- 11 Hotels in Montreal near McGill University
- 12 Little over three days in Vancouver
- 13 Quebec Province & City,Montreal
- 14 One week in August British Columbia or Pacific Northwest
- 15 Gettinng around Jasper
- 16 Help Seattle Vancouver Is Whistler vs.Via Rail rockies
- 17 Nova Scotia Late Aug. are Reservations Necessary
- 18 Nova Scotia & PEI Hiking
- 19 Help - Winnipeg to vancouver roadtrip
- 20 Early 30's Couple Spending Two weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 21 Travel Tips: Backcountry Camping
- 22 Nova Scotia 10 days July Couple for Relaxation and Nature
- 23 Vancouver customs time??
- 24 Planning a trip to Winnipeg
- 25 Cell Phones in Canada