I may be relocating to PEI and would like to learn about the agriculture industry from folks who have visited or live there. From what I understand, crops (particularly potatoes), dairy cattle, fish, and tourism are the dominant island industries. Is dairying still going strong or is it fading out (similar to the US)? Are there farms all over the place --- does the island still feel agriculture-driven or more tourism-dominated? Any large "industrial" farms or mostly small, family farms? Is the swine and beef cattle contingent strong?
I have read a fair amout of info from government websites, but I would really like to hear from individuals. Any information would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://www.healthybooklet.com/alpha-force-testo/
- 2 Places to stay in Kelowna, British Columbia
- 3 Quebec City in mid-November
- 4 Eastern Canada in December
- 5 Preferred Route for Driving the Rockies in November
- 6 Lake Louise to Seattle Washington
- 7 Roadtrip ON-NL
- 8 Calgary
- 9 Tofino
- 10 Vegetarian Restaurant Recommendations Quebec City
- 11 Gypsy Guide to Driving the Icefield Parkway
- 12 5 day road trip from Vancouver to Calgary
- 13 Would you stay in Quesnel?
- 14 Toronto Union Station area for a few evening hours
- 15 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 16 Toronto or Quebec City?
- 17 Banff in October
- 18 Halifax Nova Scotia to Peggy's Cove
- 19 Quebec City in autumn
- 20 Feedback on itinerary - Mid October Banff/Lake Louise/jasper
- 21 Quebec City
- 22 Family ski holiday
- 23 First Time Trip To Canada!!
- 24 Vancouver and Victoria recommendations
- 25 Please help with BC itinerary