I may be relocating to PEI and would like to learn about the agriculture industry from folks who have visited or live there. From what I understand, crops (particularly potatoes), dairy cattle, fish, and tourism are the dominant island industries. Is dairying still going strong or is it fading out (similar to the US)? Are there farms all over the place --- does the island still feel agriculture-driven or more tourism-dominated? Any large "industrial" farms or mostly small, family farms? Is the swine and beef cattle contingent strong?
I have read a fair amout of info from government websites, but I would really like to hear from individuals. Any information would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Being one of the vital effective nootropic supplements
- 2 Northern Lights
- 3 14 day road trip itinerary from Calgary to Vancouver
- 4 Flying from Toronto to London
- 5 Rental car
- 6 Toronto 4 Nights - Must Do?
- 7 no foreign transaction fee, possible?
- 8 Montreal in April
- 9 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 10 Cross country drive
- 11 For Those Who Struggle With Quebec French
- 12 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 13 Girls Weekend in Toronto
- 14 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 15 Vancouver - Need restaurant suggestions Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
- 16 Ashisgh Dewan requires advice for Canada Toronto Trip
- 17 Toronto - which neighbourhood should we stay in?
- 18 First family trip to Toronto.
- 19 Aussies first trip to NS, PEI & NB
- 20 Need help planning a trip from East Coast to Montreal
- 21 Calgary Stampede
- 22 2 days in Vancouver
- 23 Maritimes for 10 days with a 6 and 10 year old
- 24 Finalizing 9 day Nova Scotia itinerary
- 25 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report