We are a family of 4 including 2 six year olds and will be visiting Edmonton for three nights in mid June next year. I think the plan will be to hire a car at the airport. Is Edmonton easy to get around in a car if you are a tourist? We are from Australia so drive on the other side of the road!
I think this is how we will spend our time:
Thursday:arrive by air around midday. Drive to hotel. Fort Edmonton in afternoon (is half a day enough?)
Friday: West Edmonton Mall
Saturday: Old Strathcona in the morning, not sure of the afternoon.
Sunday: Drive to Jasper
I am stumped as to where we should stay. Should it be somewhere in West Edmonton? What is the best place to stay given what we want to do?
If we stay in West Edmonton is it easy enough to get to the Fort and Old Strathcona?
I am assuming we should use the car rather than try to do it via public transport or taxi?
Any tips/hints/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 7 day itinerary of Nova Scotia
- 2 Portland to Nova Scotia in 5 days???
- 3 Getting a taste of the maritime provinces
- 4 Must-Sees & Must-Dos in Lake Louise
- 5 Ottawa recs?
- 6 Wildlife and Polar Bear Tours
- 7 road trip toronto to nova scotia
- 8 Western Ontario and Manitoba Drive
- 9 limited time biking - Eastern Canada
- 10 car needed in Vancouver?
- 11 Forming itinerary--Moraine Lake to Jasper to Banff Springs this Sept.
- 12 Ideas on Newfoundland
- 13 Its vegan capsules ignite the fat loss
- 14 Underwhelmed by Montreal - any suggestions?
- 15 Biking in Eastern Canada
- 16 Granville Island
- 17 Where to Eat & Drink in Vancouver!
- 18 Good eats and car question NS
- 19 Nova Scotia vs Newfoundland
- 20 Quebec Jazz? other to do's?
- 21 VIA Rail Ocean - Which Direction?
- 22 MUST SEE/DO VANCOUVER, BC
- 23 Road Trip to Montreal from Chicago
- 24 Trip to Banff from Glacier National Park
- 25 Marriott Chateau Champlain Vs. Le Square Phillips Hotel