We are a family of 4 including 2 six year olds and will be visiting Edmonton for three nights in mid June next year. I think the plan will be to hire a car at the airport. Is Edmonton easy to get around in a car if you are a tourist? We are from Australia so drive on the other side of the road!
I think this is how we will spend our time:
Thursday:arrive by air around midday. Drive to hotel. Fort Edmonton in afternoon (is half a day enough?)
Friday: West Edmonton Mall
Saturday: Old Strathcona in the morning, not sure of the afternoon.
Sunday: Drive to Jasper
I am stumped as to where we should stay. Should it be somewhere in West Edmonton? What is the best place to stay given what we want to do?
If we stay in West Edmonton is it easy enough to get to the Fort and Old Strathcona?
I am assuming we should use the car rather than try to do it via public transport or taxi?
Any tips/hints/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Nova Scotia Itinerary
- 2 Montreal, Quebec City and Vermont
- 3 Victoria?
- 4 Need travel help from Toronto to Vermont!
- 5 Marvellous Montreal
- 6 Pacific Northwest Itinerary Help: Victoria, Vancouver, Whistler, Seattle
- 7 Vancouver for Christmas
- 8 Vancouver, Mountains, Public Transit
- 9 Wheelchair accessible trails, sights, activities, etc?
- 10 St John's to Fogo Island : need a half way stop.
- 11 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 12 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 13 Rocky Mountaineer train vacation
- 14 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 15 Road trip to Maritime Provinces
- 16 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 17 Cape Breton Island and Nova Scotia
- 18 One afternoon/night in Calgary.
- 19 Running in Jasper in late summer
- 20 Accomodation in Whistler, B.C.
- 21 Canadian Rockies Itinerary input?
- 22 Opinions on a rental service in Toronto
- 23 Niagara-on-the-Lake B&B for One In Town
- 24 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 25 Quebec-Montreal in Summer