We are a family of 4 including 2 six year olds and will be visiting Edmonton for three nights in mid June next year. I think the plan will be to hire a car at the airport. Is Edmonton easy to get around in a car if you are a tourist? We are from Australia so drive on the other side of the road!
I think this is how we will spend our time:
Thursday:arrive by air around midday. Drive to hotel. Fort Edmonton in afternoon (is half a day enough?)
Friday: West Edmonton Mall
Saturday: Old Strathcona in the morning, not sure of the afternoon.
Sunday: Drive to Jasper
I am stumped as to where we should stay. Should it be somewhere in West Edmonton? What is the best place to stay given what we want to do?
If we stay in West Edmonton is it easy enough to get to the Fort and Old Strathcona?
I am assuming we should use the car rather than try to do it via public transport or taxi?
Any tips/hints/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much.
Family Visit to Edmonton - help please!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Waterton National Park
- 2 How do I get from Calgary to Glacier National Park or near by?
- 3 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 4 Car rental in Victoria, BC
- 5 Montreal Questions
- 6 Restaurant with amazing view (and decent food) Whistler
- 7 Activities for Children in Vancouver
- 8 Romantic destination in Canada
- 9 Travel Guide to Quebec
- 10 Travel Guide to Quebec
- 11 Newfoundland and Labrador with young children
- 12 Trip report/Burlington, VT to Quebec City to Charlevoix
- 13 Vancouver
- 14 Need help planning a Nova Scotia/PEI trip
- 15 Jasper and Banff
- 16 Traveling Banff, Vancouver and Seattle
- 17 Vancouver to Tofino on Orca Air -- Connection Time Question
- 18 Furnished suites in Toronto T
- 19 BC Place Parking or Transit Recommendations Please
- 20 Nova Scotia
- 21 Travelling from NYC to Montreal
- 22 Need Help Exploring Best of Vancouver Island Over 4 Days
- 23 Trip to Vancouver in June
- 24 Vancouver-Torino-Whistler-Banff-Canmore-Calgary August Road trip
- 25 Great Lakes Car Ferries