We are a family of 4 including 2 six year olds and will be visiting Edmonton for three nights in mid June next year. I think the plan will be to hire a car at the airport. Is Edmonton easy to get around in a car if you are a tourist? We are from Australia so drive on the other side of the road!
I think this is how we will spend our time:
Thursday:arrive by air around midday. Drive to hotel. Fort Edmonton in afternoon (is half a day enough?)
Friday: West Edmonton Mall
Saturday: Old Strathcona in the morning, not sure of the afternoon.
Sunday: Drive to Jasper
I am stumped as to where we should stay. Should it be somewhere in West Edmonton? What is the best place to stay given what we want to do?
If we stay in West Edmonton is it easy enough to get to the Fort and Old Strathcona?
I am assuming we should use the car rather than try to do it via public transport or taxi?
Any tips/hints/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much.
Family Visit to Edmonton - help please!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 travelling from Vancouver to Churchill
- 2 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 3 Vancouver Trip Feb 16-20,2015
- 4 Road trip from Vacouver to Alaska.
- 5 Things to see and do on route from Twillingate to St. john's NL
- 6 Planning a trip to Ontario?
- 7 2 months Canada and USA with alaska cruise
- 8 Driving from PEI to Edmonton, Alberta (end of Jan. beginning of Feb. 2015)
- 9 Stay at Niagara Falls or downtown?
- 10 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 11 itinerary help with a British Columbia+Alaska road trip
- 12 Calgary or Lake Louise?
- 13 Gulf Islands - anybody been to Galiano Island?
- 14 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 15 Travelling from Toronto to Quebec City and New Brunswick
- 16 2 days in Vancouver
- 17 Best way to get mobile data in Canada?
- 18 Montreal - Old Town or Plateau district?
- 19 8 days in NL
- 20 Montreal transportation pass
- 21 Ottawa and Thousand Islands
- 22 Best land travel for Canadian Maritines
- 23 First visit to Montreal, hotel and sightseeing recommendations needed
- 24 Newfoundland tent camping
- 25 Mother/daughter trip to Quebec City and Montreal!