We are a family of 4 including 2 six year olds and will be visiting Edmonton for three nights in mid June next year. I think the plan will be to hire a car at the airport. Is Edmonton easy to get around in a car if you are a tourist? We are from Australia so drive on the other side of the road!
I think this is how we will spend our time:
Thursday:arrive by air around midday. Drive to hotel. Fort Edmonton in afternoon (is half a day enough?)
Friday: West Edmonton Mall
Saturday: Old Strathcona in the morning, not sure of the afternoon.
Sunday: Drive to Jasper
I am stumped as to where we should stay. Should it be somewhere in West Edmonton? What is the best place to stay given what we want to do?
If we stay in West Edmonton is it easy enough to get to the Fort and Old Strathcona?
I am assuming we should use the car rather than try to do it via public transport or taxi?
Any tips/hints/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Is my itinerary the best Ontario loop?
- 2 trip report Quebec City and Montreal
- 3 Best place for wedding flowers
- 4 PEI/Bay of Fundy or PEI/Cape Breton in 5 nights/6 days
- 5 yarmouth,nova scotia
- 6 Forming itinerary--Moraine Lake to Jasper to Banff Springs this Sept.
- 7 Underwhelmed by Montreal - any suggestions?
- 8 Toronto Breakfast Places
- 9 Quebec Restaurant Suggestions
- 10 Super Visa or Tourist Visa for parents?
- 11 Ideas for extra night traveling from Canmore to Spokane
- 12 5 days in Banff and Lake Lousie
- 13 hotel in vancouver
- 14 Visiting Toronto 2 days
- 15 Rainy Lake fishing trip
- 16 Trip to Niagara Falls/Toronto/Montreal/Quebec
- 17 NH to Nova Scotia
- 18 planning 3 weeks trip in western Canada
- 19 Banff Area In October
- 20 Thoughts on a honeymoon in Quebec City
- 21 Venue for destination wedding!!
- 22 Is Prince Edward Island worth just a few hours?
- 23 Niagara Falls Advise
- 24 Ottawa recs?
- 25 Pow Wow, feating with Canadian aboriginals