We are a family of 4 including 2 six year olds and will be visiting Edmonton for three nights in mid June next year. I think the plan will be to hire a car at the airport. Is Edmonton easy to get around in a car if you are a tourist? We are from Australia so drive on the other side of the road!
I think this is how we will spend our time:
Thursday:arrive by air around midday. Drive to hotel. Fort Edmonton in afternoon (is half a day enough?)
Friday: West Edmonton Mall
Saturday: Old Strathcona in the morning, not sure of the afternoon.
Sunday: Drive to Jasper
I am stumped as to where we should stay. Should it be somewhere in West Edmonton? What is the best place to stay given what we want to do?
If we stay in West Edmonton is it easy enough to get to the Fort and Old Strathcona?
I am assuming we should use the car rather than try to do it via public transport or taxi?
Any tips/hints/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 travel to Montreal/Quebec City in July
- 2 Montreal Winery area
- 3 Water park near Toronto
- 4 Fastest HVAC service for commercial and residential housing
- 5 4 days in Newfoundland
- 6 Thoughts on a honeymoon in Quebec City
- 7 Banff or Jasper
- 8 road trip Phila to Toronto
- 9 Vancouver Suspension Bridges
- 10 which hotel in Vancouver
- 11 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 12 Banff and Jasper National Parks
- 13 Banff / Golden September weekend
- 14 Bay of Fundy Weekend
- 15 Mothreal/Quebec trip report
- 16 Banff/Jasper/Yoho Parks and Canmore Trip Report
- 17 Biking in Eastern Canada
- 18 Eastern Townships - biking and wine nirvana
- 19 Jasper Day Hikes
- 20 Nova Scotia and PEI highlights in 6days
- 21 Montreal and cruise to Boston
- 22 Montreal for 4 days
- 23 Opinions on 10 days Ontario & Quebec
- 24 Montreal hotel on level ground
- 25 Maritimes Itinerary