We are a family of 4 including 2 six year olds and will be visiting Edmonton for three nights in mid June next year. I think the plan will be to hire a car at the airport. Is Edmonton easy to get around in a car if you are a tourist? We are from Australia so drive on the other side of the road!
I think this is how we will spend our time:
Thursday:arrive by air around midday. Drive to hotel. Fort Edmonton in afternoon (is half a day enough?)
Friday: West Edmonton Mall
Saturday: Old Strathcona in the morning, not sure of the afternoon.
Sunday: Drive to Jasper
I am stumped as to where we should stay. Should it be somewhere in West Edmonton? What is the best place to stay given what we want to do?
If we stay in West Edmonton is it easy enough to get to the Fort and Old Strathcona?
I am assuming we should use the car rather than try to do it via public transport or taxi?
Any tips/hints/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Security guards
- 2 Montreal & Quebec City - June/July
- 3 Layover in Toronto
- 4 45th Birthday Getaway
- 5 Nature drive in Canada and the U.S.
- 6 Travel agencies in Toronto, ON, Canada
- 7 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 8 Icefields Parkway
- 9 Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise, Calgary ITINERARY
- 10 Eastern Canada trip with 3 kids -- advice/itinerary needed
- 11 Driving From Vancouver to Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise all over
- 12 4 Days Vancouver & 5 in Whistler
- 13 Keltic Lodge
- 14 Cat Ferry to Nova Scotia?
- 15 Question on Staying on Nova Scotia
- 16 Niagara Falls - 2 Nights Family of 4
- 17 NS and PEI with elderly traveller
- 18 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 19 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 20 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 21 Vancouver to Ft St John/return - summer road trip
- 22 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 23 Banff to Jasper and back
- 24 Canmore for a few days
- 25 The Canadian