We are a family of 4 including 2 six year olds and will be visiting Edmonton for three nights in mid June next year. I think the plan will be to hire a car at the airport. Is Edmonton easy to get around in a car if you are a tourist? We are from Australia so drive on the other side of the road!
I think this is how we will spend our time:
Thursday:arrive by air around midday. Drive to hotel. Fort Edmonton in afternoon (is half a day enough?)
Friday: West Edmonton Mall
Saturday: Old Strathcona in the morning, not sure of the afternoon.
Sunday: Drive to Jasper
I am stumped as to where we should stay. Should it be somewhere in West Edmonton? What is the best place to stay given what we want to do?
If we stay in West Edmonton is it easy enough to get to the Fort and Old Strathcona?
I am assuming we should use the car rather than try to do it via public transport or taxi?
Any tips/hints/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much.
Family Visit to Edmonton - help please!
- 1 Moncton start, Nova Scotia and PEI in 9 days
- 2 Almost 2 days in Vancouver....help!!!
- 3 Nova Scotia ideas...
- 4 Jasper - a drive too far?
- 5 Time Management between Montreal and Quebec City
- 6 Nova Scotia in 10 days - Roundtrip from Bangor, ME
- 7 Dressing for Dinner on a BC Road Trip
- 8 Two nights in Quebec City - hotel, restaurant, activity suggestions?
- 9 New to Montreal - want to stay in Plateau area
- 10 Woody Island Resort in Newfoundland
- 11 Vancouver shopping with teens
- 12 Calgary treats
- 13 Honeymoon in Quebec City
- 14 Best way to get from Quebec City to Boston
- 15 Canadian Rockies - Burgess Shale and rafting
- 16 Hotel for Calgary Arrival?
- 17 Best nature options near Vancouver
- 18 Northern Vermont to Sault Ste Marie via Trans-Canada Highway
- 19 Montreal Race Weekend - Grand Prix F1
- 20 Recommendations needed for change of Hotel in Victoria, please.
- 21 Wine Tour - Where to stay, how long to plan for
- 22 Gros Morne accommodations
- 23 Vancouver Whale Watching
- 24 DOG SLEDDING
- 25 Route from Ns to Calgary, side trip to Niagra Falls