We are a family of 4 including 2 six year olds and will be visiting Edmonton for three nights in mid June next year. I think the plan will be to hire a car at the airport. Is Edmonton easy to get around in a car if you are a tourist? We are from Australia so drive on the other side of the road!
I think this is how we will spend our time:
Thursday:arrive by air around midday. Drive to hotel. Fort Edmonton in afternoon (is half a day enough?)
Friday: West Edmonton Mall
Saturday: Old Strathcona in the morning, not sure of the afternoon.
Sunday: Drive to Jasper
I am stumped as to where we should stay. Should it be somewhere in West Edmonton? What is the best place to stay given what we want to do?
If we stay in West Edmonton is it easy enough to get to the Fort and Old Strathcona?
I am assuming we should use the car rather than try to do it via public transport or taxi?
Any tips/hints/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much.
Family Visit to Edmonton - help please!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Arriving Montreal, leaving Albany. Best mode for in between?
- 2 Travelling from Edmonton to Vancouver - via Jasper
- 3 looking 12 passenger van rental vancouver
- 4 Layovers in Toronto and Montreal - Ideas?
- 5 Seeking advice for itinerary Waterton and Glacier National Park
- 6 Fall Quebec/Montreal - best time to go?
- 7 Do Canadians need to take the Liablity Insurance when traveling in Florida?
- 8 Seeking Advice on Banff/Jasper trip Fall 2015
- 9 18 nights in Newfoundland
- 10 Help us see Vancouver island
- 11 Need Help Exploring Best of Vancouver Island Over 4 Days
- 12 Journey series CAD
- 13 Madrid or Montreal
- 14 Help with Kelowna
- 15 Best Scenic Route from Moncton (NB) to Quebec City ??
- 16 9 nights in Nfld
- 17 10 days in The Maritimes
- 18 2 days in Vancouver
- 19 Vancouver
- 20 June trip to: Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper/Via Rail to Vancouver
- 21 Vancouver bike shops and cross Canada what to see
- 22 Imminent travel to Vancouver, Whistler and Calgary. Tips plz!
- 23 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 24 Travelling from Toronto to Quebec City and New Brunswick
- 25 First visit to Montreal, hotel and sightseeing recommendations needed