I'm planning a trip in Newfoundland with my wife and daughter (5 years old). I'm looking for inetersting destination (culture, historic and sort of sceenic) in the Avalon area and in the east area. We are planning to stay for 7 to 9 days and are looking for a central place to stay so we could pass all of our stay in the same hotel.
I've been offered a itinerary that sort of goes like this.
Day 1 - arrive at St-John's Stay at St-John's
Day 2 - Go to Placentia
Day 3 - Bonavista and Eliston
Day 4 - Go to Fortune take the ferry to Saint-Pierre Stay at St-Pierre
Day 5 - Argentia
Day 6 - Back to St-John's
Seems like a lot of driving and not sure that we will find activities that my 5 years old (who loves historics) will love.
Am I missing any must see ? Is there a way that I can stay in the same hotel for all the stay ?
Need your help.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Getting a taste of the maritime provinces
- 2 Flying into Calgary for 3 days
- 3 Driving to Vancouver from Calgary
- 4 Anyone flying to the States from Quebec City in August?
- 5 Suggestions for 8 day itinerary to Nova Scotia
- 6 Portland to Nova Scotia in 5 days???
- 7 Must-Sees & Must-Dos in Lake Louise
- 8 7 day itinerary of Nova Scotia
- 9 Ottawa recs?
- 10 Wildlife and Polar Bear Tours
- 11 road trip toronto to nova scotia
- 12 Western Ontario and Manitoba Drive
- 13 limited time biking - Eastern Canada
- 14 car needed in Vancouver?
- 15 Forming itinerary--Moraine Lake to Jasper to Banff Springs this Sept.
- 16 Ideas on Newfoundland
- 17 Its vegan capsules ignite the fat loss
- 18 Underwhelmed by Montreal - any suggestions?
- 19 Biking in Eastern Canada
- 20 Granville Island
- 21 Where to Eat & Drink in Vancouver!
- 22 Good eats and car question NS
- 23 Nova Scotia vs Newfoundland
- 24 Quebec Jazz? other to do's?
- 25 VIA Rail Ocean - Which Direction?