I'm planning a trip in Newfoundland with my wife and daughter (5 years old). I'm looking for inetersting destination (culture, historic and sort of sceenic) in the Avalon area and in the east area. We are planning to stay for 7 to 9 days and are looking for a central place to stay so we could pass all of our stay in the same hotel.
I've been offered a itinerary that sort of goes like this.
Day 1 - arrive at St-John's Stay at St-John's
Day 2 - Go to Placentia
Day 3 - Bonavista and Eliston
Day 4 - Go to Fortune take the ferry to Saint-Pierre Stay at St-Pierre
Day 5 - Argentia
Day 6 - Back to St-John's
Seems like a lot of driving and not sure that we will find activities that my 5 years old (who loves historics) will love.
Am I missing any must see ? Is there a way that I can stay in the same hotel for all the stay ?
Need your help.
Family trip to NFLD
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Rockies trip in June.
- 2 Vancouver hotel Times Square Suites
- 3 1st time traveler through Canada in April
- 4 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 5 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 6 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 7 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 8 Need tips for this trip
- 9 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 10 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 11 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 12 North Vancouver Island
- 13 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 14 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 15 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 16 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 17 Newfoundland questions
- 18 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 19 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 20 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 21 Itinerary help
- 22 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
- 23 Montreal/Toronto
- 24 Gros Morne hiking
- 25 Victoria for 2 days