I'm planning a trip in Newfoundland with my wife and daughter (5 years old). I'm looking for inetersting destination (culture, historic and sort of sceenic) in the Avalon area and in the east area. We are planning to stay for 7 to 9 days and are looking for a central place to stay so we could pass all of our stay in the same hotel.
I've been offered a itinerary that sort of goes like this.
Day 1 - arrive at St-John's Stay at St-John's
Day 2 - Go to Placentia
Day 3 - Bonavista and Eliston
Day 4 - Go to Fortune take the ferry to Saint-Pierre Stay at St-Pierre
Day 5 - Argentia
Day 6 - Back to St-John's
Seems like a lot of driving and not sure that we will find activities that my 5 years old (who loves historics) will love.
Am I missing any must see ? Is there a way that I can stay in the same hotel for all the stay ?
Need your help.
Family trip to NFLD
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Canada in winter
- 2 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 3 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 4 Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI and Newfoundland in 7-9 days?
- 5 Relaxing Honeymoon
- 6 What do you think of Boston to Ottawa trip?
- 7 7 Days in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 8 Victoria Dining
- 9 Northern Lights
- 10 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 11 Are plug adaptors needed?
- 12 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 13 Fall Montreal weekend with 11-year-old daughter
- 14 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 15 Mackenzie/Prince George BC - Safety & Car info needed
- 16 The Canadian - Toronto to Vancouver by Train - Part 1
- 17 Searching for the `Northern Lights`
- 18 Looking for custom wine tour from Vernon, BC
- 19 how to search for owls in winter
- 20 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 21 Help us see Vancouver island
- 22 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 23 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 24 Lodging in Lake Louise
- 25 Montreal Hop on hopoff bus