I'm planning a trip in Newfoundland with my wife and daughter (5 years old). I'm looking for inetersting destination (culture, historic and sort of sceenic) in the Avalon area and in the east area. We are planning to stay for 7 to 9 days and are looking for a central place to stay so we could pass all of our stay in the same hotel.
I've been offered a itinerary that sort of goes like this.
Day 1 - arrive at St-John's Stay at St-John's
Day 2 - Go to Placentia
Day 3 - Bonavista and Eliston
Day 4 - Go to Fortune take the ferry to Saint-Pierre Stay at St-Pierre
Day 5 - Argentia
Day 6 - Back to St-John's
Seems like a lot of driving and not sure that we will find activities that my 5 years old (who loves historics) will love.
Am I missing any must see ? Is there a way that I can stay in the same hotel for all the stay ?
Need your help.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Banff / Golden September weekend
- 2 Banff or Jasper
- 3 Bay of Fundy Weekend
- 4 4 days in Newfoundland
- 5 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 6 Banff and Jasper National Parks
- 7 Vancouver Suspension Bridges
- 8 Mothreal/Quebec trip report
- 9 Banff/Jasper/Yoho Parks and Canmore Trip Report
- 10 which hotel in Vancouver
- 11 Biking in Eastern Canada
- 12 Eastern Townships - biking and wine nirvana
- 13 Jasper Day Hikes
- 14 Nova Scotia and PEI highlights in 6days
- 15 Montreal and cruise to Boston
- 16 Montreal for 4 days
- 17 Opinions on 10 days Ontario & Quebec
- 18 Montreal hotel on level ground
- 19 Maritimes Itinerary
- 20 Nova Scotia vs Newfoundland
- 21 Banff September Weekend
- 22 4 day Excursion from Quebec City
- 23 Must-Sees & Must-Dos in Lake Louise
- 24 Canmore or Banff for lodging?
- 25 First Aid for cruise adventure