Help! I'm suffering from information overload after reading these forums for two days. We will be travelling from Calgary for one week to visit Banff and Jasper after our Alaskan cruise. I thought I was settled on either Paradise Lodge or Bakers Creek in Banff/Lake Louise and Becker's Chalets or Alpine Village in Jasper - but I'm not sure if I should be considering places like Douglas Fir that are, supposedly, more family friendly. My children (ages 10 and 8) are good travelers and enjoy adventure, animals, hiking, kayaking, and other activities. I'm afraid too remote a hotel may be "boring" for them and feel they may want to swim and/or walk around an established town center. I would appreciate any advice/suggestions.
Family Lodging Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 1 Huge British Columbia roadtrip
- 2 Reservations needed for BC ferries between Tsawwassen and Swartz Bay?
- 3 Need help, can't decide
- 4 Calgary - Things to Do
- 5 Transportation from Toronto to Niagara Falls
- 6 Nova Scotia in 10 days - Roundtrip from Bangor, ME
- 7 Accommodation in Kelowna area
- 8 Canadian SIM card options (in Nova Scotia)?
- 9 NIAGARA FALLS TO RAPID CITY MOST SCENIC ROUTE PLEASE
- 10 Canadian Rodeo in early to mid July --- somewhere near Montreal or Ontario?
- 11 Two weeks in Quebec with kids.
- 12 Preclearing US customs in Canada
- 13 Vancouver + Vancouver Island August Trip
- 14 Hike/Trail recommendations in Banff?
- 15 Parksville Or Nanaimo
- 16 Info about Visiting Yoho's Lake O'Hara, please!
- 17 2 weeks in vancouver with small baby
- 18 How similar are the Tofino area of B.C. and the San Juan Islands of WA state?
- 19 help! quebec city with a toddler.
- 20 Sidney, Pender, Galiano, Saturna - best route?
- 21 Brier Island versus Digby (or Annapolis Royal)
- 22 Road Trip from Montreal to PEI to Cape Breton
- 23 Hotel or B and B in Halifax
- 24 chartered power boat trip for family of 5 from Vancouver Island
- 25 Having difficulty finding lodging in Tofino