Help! I'm suffering from information overload after reading these forums for two days. We will be travelling from Calgary for one week to visit Banff and Jasper after our Alaskan cruise. I thought I was settled on either Paradise Lodge or Bakers Creek in Banff/Lake Louise and Becker's Chalets or Alpine Village in Jasper - but I'm not sure if I should be considering places like Douglas Fir that are, supposedly, more family friendly. My children (ages 10 and 8) are good travelers and enjoy adventure, animals, hiking, kayaking, and other activities. I'm afraid too remote a hotel may be "boring" for them and feel they may want to swim and/or walk around an established town center. I would appreciate any advice/suggestions.
Family Lodging Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 2 Rockies trip in June.
- 3 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 4 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 5 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 6 Need tips for this trip
- 7 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 8 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 9 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 10 North Vancouver Island
- 11 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 12 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 13 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 14 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 15 Newfoundland questions
- 16 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 17 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 18 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 19 Itinerary help
- 20 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
- 21 Montreal/Toronto
- 22 Gros Morne hiking
- 23 Victoria for 2 days
- 24 Early Summer Banff/Lake Louise/Field
- 25 Staying in Vancouver