Help! I'm suffering from information overload after reading these forums for two days. We will be travelling from Calgary for one week to visit Banff and Jasper after our Alaskan cruise. I thought I was settled on either Paradise Lodge or Bakers Creek in Banff/Lake Louise and Becker's Chalets or Alpine Village in Jasper - but I'm not sure if I should be considering places like Douglas Fir that are, supposedly, more family friendly. My children (ages 10 and 8) are good travelers and enjoy adventure, animals, hiking, kayaking, and other activities. I'm afraid too remote a hotel may be "boring" for them and feel they may want to swim and/or walk around an established town center. I would appreciate any advice/suggestions.
Family Lodging Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Canada in winter
- 2 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 3 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 4 Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI and Newfoundland in 7-9 days?
- 5 Relaxing Honeymoon
- 6 What do you think of Boston to Ottawa trip?
- 7 7 Days in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 8 Victoria Dining
- 9 Northern Lights
- 10 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 11 Are plug adaptors needed?
- 12 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 13 Fall Montreal weekend with 11-year-old daughter
- 14 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 15 Mackenzie/Prince George BC - Safety & Car info needed
- 16 The Canadian - Toronto to Vancouver by Train - Part 1
- 17 Searching for the `Northern Lights`
- 18 Looking for custom wine tour from Vernon, BC
- 19 how to search for owls in winter
- 20 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 21 Help us see Vancouver island
- 22 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 23 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 24 Lodging in Lake Louise
- 25 Montreal Hop on hopoff bus