I'd appreciate any input re accommodating our family of four( grown daughter and son husband and me) next January for five or six nights
Have been to Banff twice in both summer and winter
Summer was spent at inns of Banff on edge of town...good but a trek into town ..I'd not want to do it in winter
In winter I stayed at charleston cedar court with husband while he skied and this time we are bringing the kids
Ok so charleston cedar court was fine
Had a fireplace ...a little sitting room and loft bedroom and I know they have family rooms ..the rooms are on the outside ...like a motel set up
Breakfast wasn't crash hot..got monotonous with the same sort of menu each day
..boiled eggs waffles toast..that kinda thing
Whilst there I popped into fox suites not far away ..looked nice but I think the rooms are also external
The caribou inn ..again not far from cedar court was nice..didn't see the rooms but ate there twice
I think that too has family accommodation but may be pricey
We would like a suite preferably ..with a kitchenette
A fire place..gas or wood might be nice too
Don't want high end but not too basic either...something cosy...pleasant where my daughter and I can hang out while we wait for the boys to come back from skiing
Has anyone stayed in such a place?
I don't want to be on the edge of town and I don't want to have to catch a shuttle so any place up to the 500s (street address) would be ok...daughter and I will spend time in town and explore
Has anyone stayed at the ptarmigan? Opinions?
Thanks so much!!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Border crossing
- 2 Vancouver for Christmas
- 3 Help for Central Canada Itinerary
- 4 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 5 Eastern Townships late Dec. 2016
- 6 Alternatives to expensive hotel parking in Niagara Falls, Canada?
- 7 Eastern Canada Itinerary
- 8 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 9 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 10 March in Montreal?
- 11 Eastern Canada in December
- 12 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 13 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 14 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 15 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 16 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 17 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 18 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 19 Tofino
- 20 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 21 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 22 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 23 11th and 12th grade
- 24 Vancouver trip report!
- 25 Moving to Nova Scotia