I'd appreciate any input re accommodating our family of four( grown daughter and son husband and me) next January for five or six nights
Have been to Banff twice in both summer and winter
Summer was spent at inns of Banff on edge of town...good but a trek into town ..I'd not want to do it in winter
In winter I stayed at charleston cedar court with husband while he skied and this time we are bringing the kids
Ok so charleston cedar court was fine
Had a fireplace ...a little sitting room and loft bedroom and I know they have family rooms ..the rooms are on the outside ...like a motel set up
Breakfast wasn't crash hot..got monotonous with the same sort of menu each day
..boiled eggs waffles toast..that kinda thing
Whilst there I popped into fox suites not far away ..looked nice but I think the rooms are also external
The caribou inn ..again not far from cedar court was nice..didn't see the rooms but ate there twice
I think that too has family accommodation but may be pricey
We would like a suite preferably ..with a kitchenette
A fire place..gas or wood might be nice too
Don't want high end but not too basic either...something cosy...pleasant where my daughter and I can hang out while we wait for the boys to come back from skiing
Has anyone stayed in such a place?
I don't want to be on the edge of town and I don't want to have to catch a shuttle so any place up to the 500s (street address) would be ok...daughter and I will spend time in town and explore
Has anyone stayed at the ptarmigan? Opinions?
Thanks so much!!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 From Quebec City to Niagara Falls
- 2 Transportation documents between SEA and YVR
- 3 Jasper/Banff holiday help
- 4 Transportation questions Vancouver and Victoria
- 5 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 6 9 Days in a Camper Van, Alberta Rockies Itinerary
- 7 10 Days in Nova Scotia
- 8 Small group tour for my parents
- 9 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 10 Romantic 4-Day July Getaway Ideas Needed
- 11 Hotel near Stanley Parc
- 12 Looking for travel lapel pins HELP
- 13 Itinerary feedback, please
- 14 Need Help!! 1 week itinerary vancouver, whistler & islands
- 15 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 16 Ocean Odyssey: Vancouver Island (and Vancouver)
- 17 Canada's 150th anniversary in the Maritimes
- 18 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 19 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 20 Best Way
- 21 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 22 Montreal and Quebec City in August
- 23 9 hour layover in Montreal, what to do?
- 24 Bay of Fundy
- 25 Toronto 2 nights from Buffalo