We're heading over to the States and Canada for Dec/Jan this year, planning to cover the West Coast then fly across to the East. It's going to be a cool experience- we're from tropical Queensland where 10 degrees c is a cool day! Would love some helpful tips for the itinerary we've put together so far!
Itinerary as it stands:
Fly to San Fran (2 nights)
Fly to Seattle (or train to Portland, then Seattle) (2 nights)
~ any thoughts on whether Portland worth a stop? Is is better just to fly through to Seattle? (I realise it's a long trip by train)
Ferry to Vancouver (2 nights)
Fly Montreal, train Quebec (2 nights)
Return to Montreal via train, (2 nights)
Train to Toronto (4 nights) (daytrip to Niagara) (probably for Christmas Day)
I've read that the US doesn't celebrate Boxing Day, wondering if Canada does and how widespread the closures are if so- is it an ok day to travel?
Third leg is getting to NYC, is it better to travel East from Toronto or to go south via Lancaster etc.
I'm Wondering if the Amish/Mennonite communities are accessible via public transport during Winter.
Is a Niagara-Lancaster-Washington DC-Philadelphia route a worthwhile on via train?
We'd like to make it to NY for the 30 of Dec (despite the horrific price rises at hotels at that time of year!)... so is it realistic to cover all of these between the 26-30?
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Thoughts on a honeymoon in Quebec City
- 2 www.eTripBudget.com???
- 3 Banff or Jasper
- 4 road trip Phila to Toronto
- 5 4 days in Newfoundland
- 6 Vancouver Suspension Bridges
- 7 which hotel in Vancouver
- 8 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 9 Banff and Jasper National Parks
- 10 Banff / Golden September weekend
- 11 Bay of Fundy Weekend
- 12 Mothreal/Quebec trip report
- 13 Banff/Jasper/Yoho Parks and Canmore Trip Report
- 14 Biking in Eastern Canada
- 15 Eastern Townships - biking and wine nirvana
- 16 Jasper Day Hikes
- 17 Nova Scotia and PEI highlights in 6days
- 18 Montreal and cruise to Boston
- 19 Montreal for 4 days
- 20 Opinions on 10 days Ontario & Quebec
- 21 Montreal hotel on level ground
- 22 Maritimes Itinerary
- 23 Nova Scotia vs Newfoundland
- 24 Banff September Weekend
- 25 4 day Excursion from Quebec City