We are 3 friends flying to Montreal from Europe end of August 2010 for 16 days. We are looking mainly at hiking, canoeing/kayaking (just for 1 or 2 days), wilderness, whale watching etc (nevertheless would like to see Quebec City since it's said to be so beautiful) We would like to see Niagara Falls and the Cabot Trail but not sure what else is worth seeing on the way, and how much we can do in the time we have. We plan to rent a car.
Is Algonquin Provincial Reserve worth a visit (canoeing/wilderness watching)?
And the Madeleine Islands? PEI? Gaspe?
I would appreciate any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 2 30th anniversary spot in BC or Alberta in August
- 3 Vancouver Chinatown Night Markets
- 4 Qualicum Beach, North of Nashville concert
- 5 Quebec province GTG?
- 6 Restaurant in Montreal underground
- 7 57 YEAR OLD GRANDMOTHER BACKPACKS ACROSS CANADA
- 8 banff - trail closed - be bear wise
- 9 Quebec Jazz? other to do's?
- 10 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 11 Best hikes in Banff
- 12 Affordable accommodation for 5 in Tofino
- 13 Taking Amtrak from Plattsburg to Montreal
- 14 Is this area in Montreal safe?
- 15 Train to Vancouver from Toronto
- 16 Pros and Cons of using a Car in Vancouver
- 17 Nova Scotia hotels
- 18 3 full days in and round Banff
- 19 Victoria/butchart gardens
- 20 Montreal / Quebec City trip
- 21 From Vancouver to Halifax - how best to travel
- 22 Where to stay in Montreal?
- 23 Nova Star
- 24 Victoria
- 25 Pan Pacific, Fairmount Pacific Rim or Fairmount Waterfront?