We are 3 friends flying to Montreal from Europe end of August 2010 for 16 days. We are looking mainly at hiking, canoeing/kayaking (just for 1 or 2 days), wilderness, whale watching etc (nevertheless would like to see Quebec City since it's said to be so beautiful) We would like to see Niagara Falls and the Cabot Trail but not sure what else is worth seeing on the way, and how much we can do in the time we have. We plan to rent a car.
Is Algonquin Provincial Reserve worth a visit (canoeing/wilderness watching)?
And the Madeleine Islands? PEI? Gaspe?
I would appreciate any advice!
eastern quebec itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Help us see Vancouver island
- 2 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 3 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 4 Searching for the `Northern Lights`
- 5 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 6 Lodging in Lake Louise
- 7 Montreal Hop on hopoff bus
- 8 Orleans Express Montreal Station
- 9 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 10 Rockies Weather Profile for September?
- 11 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 12 17 days in Newfoundland - a good start!
- 13 Ile d'Orléans & Côte-de-Beaupré - getting around on day trips
- 14 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 15 Need help planning travel around New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 16 Stay inside Algonquin park
- 17 Montreal for work -- what to see?
- 18 Brian zucker : choosing between Toronto and Niagara falls
- 19 Buddy MacMaster RIP
- 20 NB, PEI, Nova Scotia in Oct
- 21 Quebec City - week before Christmas or New Year
- 22 Good Restaurants nearby Niagra?
- 23 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 24 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 25 gasrun.ca, ever wonder how much it costs to drive from A to B?