I am a new comer in Canada and to vacation travel and finally I have gathered some courage to travel for the first time in Canada with my wife. I have planned to drive from Ottawa-ON to east coast in 14 day (door-to-door), in early June this year.
With my research so far, I am intending to travel to New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and (may be) PEI. (QC is going to be on my way, won’t mind investing a day or two at any really good once on the way)
I am not into fishing or hunting however, enjoy Scenic Drives, beaches, hiking, Kayaking (I have not done Kayaking before however really want to do it in this trip if possible). I have also never experienced camping or cottage before and if somehow possible would prefer over hotel/motel stay. (I have limited budget therefore, do not want to spend money on taking a lot of guided tours, fine dining, flights, etc.)
I will much appreciate guidance from the experienced travelers here about a few specific questions below right after each topic, and a suggestive itinerary for this trip please:
The places I have shortlisted in NB:
1. The Moncton / Hopewell Rocks - Where to stay and how many days???
2. The others, I have noted from NB tourism site: Parlee Beach Provincial Park, Lamèque Island, Miscou Island.
I do not want to repeat any of the similar style places, so not really sure how much the above worth and I am missing any really good once – Would really appreciate your help to pick, including where to stay and how many days, etc. answers
The places I have shortlisted in NS:
3. Cape Breton Island, Cabot Trail, (Where to stay and for how many days???)
This is where I have planned a full Day Kayak Guided Tour with: http://northriverkayak.com/tour/guided-full-day-tour/
4. Bay of Fundy (I think Bay of Fundy and Hopewell Rocks is one and same, right?)
5. At my current knowledge, I am unable to list any more in NS – Would appreciate if you could suggest a couple more worth my time
The places I have shortlisted in PEI:
6. Souris Beach Provincial Park
7. The bridge to PEI
I didn’t think the above is worth 14-2=12 days as yet.
Looking forward to hearing some very valuable insights from you,
Thank-you in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Bus(97.)Com ^ ] * % 카지노게임 ^ ] * % 바카라게임사이트
- 2 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 3 Calgary, Banff, and Jasper
- 4 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 5 Traveling to the maritimes this summer
- 6 Quebec to yarmouth
- 7 6 hr Montreal Layover
- 8 Winter resort offering snowshoeing, dog sledding and boat trip
- 9 Nova Scotia Cabot Trail- Which hikes to consider?
- 10 Overnight en route to Fogo Island
- 11 Pre- and post-cruise plans
- 12 Storing luggage in Vancouver
- 13 Work Visa Cutt off Age
- 14 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 15 Visit to the Maritimes Aug 2 - 11
- 16 Restaurants in Banff and Jasper / Canadian Rockies
- 17 5 hour layover in Toronto on a Tuesday
- 18 Toronto lodging for 15 people - something unique?
- 19 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 20 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 21 Bears in Britsch Columbia and Alberta
- 22 Nova Scotia Wineries
- 23 Getting from Anchorage to Chicago Via Train?
- 24 Pearson Airport logistics
- 25 Based in PEI, visit to NS or NB?
East Coast Road trip from Ottawa to NB, PEI, NS (14 days door-to-door)