I am a new comer in Canada and to vacation travel and finally I have gathered some courage to travel for the first time in Canada with my wife. I have planned to drive from Ottawa-ON to east coast in 14 day (door-to-door), in early June this year.
With my research so far, I am intending to travel to New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and (may be) PEI. (QC is going to be on my way, won’t mind investing a day or two at any really good once on the way)
I am not into fishing or hunting however, enjoy Scenic Drives, beaches, hiking, Kayaking (I have not done Kayaking before however really want to do it in this trip if possible). I have also never experienced camping or cottage before and if somehow possible would prefer over hotel/motel stay. (I have limited budget therefore, do not want to spend money on taking a lot of guided tours, fine dining, flights, etc.)
I will much appreciate guidance from the experienced travelers here about a few specific questions below right after each topic, and a suggestive itinerary for this trip please:
The places I have shortlisted in NB:
1. The Moncton / Hopewell Rocks - Where to stay and how many days???
2. The others, I have noted from NB tourism site: Parlee Beach Provincial Park, Lamèque Island, Miscou Island.
I do not want to repeat any of the similar style places, so not really sure how much the above worth and I am missing any really good once – Would really appreciate your help to pick, including where to stay and how many days, etc. answers
The places I have shortlisted in NS:
3. Cape Breton Island, Cabot Trail, (Where to stay and for how many days???)
This is where I have planned a full Day Kayak Guided Tour with: http://northriverkayak.com/tour/guided-full-day-tour/
4. Bay of Fundy (I think Bay of Fundy and Hopewell Rocks is one and same, right?)
5. At my current knowledge, I am unable to list any more in NS – Would appreciate if you could suggest a couple more worth my time
The places I have shortlisted in PEI:
6. Souris Beach Provincial Park
7. The bridge to PEI
I didn’t think the above is worth 14-2=12 days as yet.
Looking forward to hearing some very valuable insights from you,
Thank-you in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 York :YAHOO Password Reset CONTACT ☎1:855:999:8045 YAHOO Tec*h SU*PP0RT
- 2 vancouver to jasper and banff in 9 days
- 3 9 Day Photography trip to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland
- 4 Solo Trip to BC in August
- 5 princess cruise to new england and canada
- 6 Summer Day Trips From Toronto
- 7 Newfoundland and Labrador with Two Nights in St. Pierre and Miquelon
- 8 Trip to Montreal with Daughters
- 9 Traveling with your bike
- 10 Driving from Vancouver to Anchorage
- 11 Where to eat in Vancouver and Sidney
- 12 New Jersey to Quebec City
- 13 Driving around Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Alberta and BC
- 14 one week trip to Nova Scotia
- 15 Alberta Trip_2017
- 16 Day Trip from Niagara Falls, NY
- 17 4 Day Photography trip to Quebec during July 4th
- 18 Vancouver to Calgary - advice on itinerary and what to reserve first
- 19 Driving round trip from Vancouver to Calgary
- 20 Best Urban N American Cycling: Ottawa?
- 21 Baseball
- 22 Vermont to Montreal for 2 days?
- 23 Another trip to bicycling heaven.
- 24 Transportation from airport for 7
- 25 calgary to vancover 10days
East Coast Road trip from Ottawa to NB, PEI, NS (14 days door-to-door)