I am a new comer in Canada and to vacation travel and finally I have gathered some courage to travel for the first time in Canada with my wife. I have planned to drive from Ottawa-ON to east coast in 14 day (door-to-door), in early June this year.
With my research so far, I am intending to travel to New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and (may be) PEI. (QC is going to be on my way, won’t mind investing a day or two at any really good once on the way)
I am not into fishing or hunting however, enjoy Scenic Drives, beaches, hiking, Kayaking (I have not done Kayaking before however really want to do it in this trip if possible). I have also never experienced camping or cottage before and if somehow possible would prefer over hotel/motel stay. (I have limited budget therefore, do not want to spend money on taking a lot of guided tours, fine dining, flights, etc.)
I will much appreciate guidance from the experienced travelers here about a few specific questions below right after each topic, and a suggestive itinerary for this trip please:
The places I have shortlisted in NB:
1. The Moncton / Hopewell Rocks - Where to stay and how many days???
2. The others, I have noted from NB tourism site: Parlee Beach Provincial Park, Lamèque Island, Miscou Island.
I do not want to repeat any of the similar style places, so not really sure how much the above worth and I am missing any really good once – Would really appreciate your help to pick, including where to stay and how many days, etc. answers
The places I have shortlisted in NS:
3. Cape Breton Island, Cabot Trail, (Where to stay and for how many days???)
This is where I have planned a full Day Kayak Guided Tour with: http://northriverkayak.com/tour/guided-full-day-tour/
4. Bay of Fundy (I think Bay of Fundy and Hopewell Rocks is one and same, right?)
5. At my current knowledge, I am unable to list any more in NS – Would appreciate if you could suggest a couple more worth my time
The places I have shortlisted in PEI:
6. Souris Beach Provincial Park
7. The bridge to PEI
I didn’t think the above is worth 14-2=12 days as yet.
Looking forward to hearing some very valuable insights from you,
Thank-you in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 kechua: Te^ch SUPP0RT canon printer CONTACT 1:8OO:681:72O8 canon 24*7
- 2 Best places in Toronto
- 3 Tweak itinerary for Canadian Rockies
- 4 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 5 Victoria, Canada
- 6 Day trip from Toronto to 1000 Islands
- 7 Planning a trip to 1000 Islands
- 8 Is it too late to plan Banff & Jasper for this July?
- 9 Newfoundland in early June
- 10 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 11 Think a horsey ride is a good idea?
- 12 Vancouver/Seattle Trip
- 13 HELP: Winnipeg to Grand Forks,ND
- 14 Toronto to N.F. to Buffalo without a car. Need help.
- 15 Nova Scotia in July
- 16 Cape Breton in early June
- 17 Magdalen Islands in early June
- 18 Magdalen Islands
- 19 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 20 How to break the drive from Montreal to Niagara falls?
- 21 Passport question for Int flight
- 22 Banff Jasper Itinerary Help - Need ASAP Married Couple 9 days
- 23 Itinerary for 10 day Maritime trip
- 24 Icefields Parkway
- 25 3 Nights in Cape Breton
East Coast Road trip from Ottawa to NB, PEI, NS (14 days door-to-door)