I am a new comer in Canada and to vacation travel and finally I have gathered some courage to travel for the first time in Canada with my wife. I have planned to drive from Ottawa-ON to east coast in 14 day (door-to-door), in early June this year.
With my research so far, I am intending to travel to New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and (may be) PEI. (QC is going to be on my way, won’t mind investing a day or two at any really good once on the way)
I am not into fishing or hunting however, enjoy Scenic Drives, beaches, hiking, Kayaking (I have not done Kayaking before however really want to do it in this trip if possible). I have also never experienced camping or cottage before and if somehow possible would prefer over hotel/motel stay. (I have limited budget therefore, do not want to spend money on taking a lot of guided tours, fine dining, flights, etc.)
I will much appreciate guidance from the experienced travelers here about a few specific questions below right after each topic, and a suggestive itinerary for this trip please:
The places I have shortlisted in NB:
1. The Moncton / Hopewell Rocks - Where to stay and how many days???
2. The others, I have noted from NB tourism site: Parlee Beach Provincial Park, Lamèque Island, Miscou Island.
I do not want to repeat any of the similar style places, so not really sure how much the above worth and I am missing any really good once – Would really appreciate your help to pick, including where to stay and how many days, etc. answers
The places I have shortlisted in NS:
3. Cape Breton Island, Cabot Trail, (Where to stay and for how many days???)
This is where I have planned a full Day Kayak Guided Tour with: http://northriverkayak.com/tour/guided-full-day-tour/
4. Bay of Fundy (I think Bay of Fundy and Hopewell Rocks is one and same, right?)
5. At my current knowledge, I am unable to list any more in NS – Would appreciate if you could suggest a couple more worth my time
The places I have shortlisted in PEI:
6. Souris Beach Provincial Park
7. The bridge to PEI
I didn’t think the above is worth 14-2=12 days as yet.
Looking forward to hearing some very valuable insights from you,
Thank-you in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Temporary residency in Canada
- 2 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 3 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 4 water filtration
- 5 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 6 Montreal & Quebec Trip Report
- 7 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 8 Western Canada in August
- 9 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 10 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 11 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 12 Jasper with two elderly
- 13 Dempster highway in early September
- 14 jasper
- 15 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 16 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 17 Toronto-afternoon tea
- 18 BC Ferries Experience Card
- 19 Banff, and Glacier National Park
- 20 Canadian Layover - OVI deemed Inadmissable
- 21 Pearson Canada Customs from Boston
- 22 Whistler Shuttle Bus
- 23 Banff
- 24 St John's, NL Camping?
- 25 Christmas in Quebec City
East Coast Road trip from Ottawa to NB, PEI, NS (14 days door-to-door)