I am a new comer in Canada and to vacation travel and finally I have gathered some courage to travel for the first time in Canada with my wife. I have planned to drive from Ottawa-ON to east coast in 14 day (door-to-door), in early June this year.
With my research so far, I am intending to travel to New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and (may be) PEI. (QC is going to be on my way, won’t mind investing a day or two at any really good once on the way)
I am not into fishing or hunting however, enjoy Scenic Drives, beaches, hiking, Kayaking (I have not done Kayaking before however really want to do it in this trip if possible). I have also never experienced camping or cottage before and if somehow possible would prefer over hotel/motel stay. (I have limited budget therefore, do not want to spend money on taking a lot of guided tours, fine dining, flights, etc.)
I will much appreciate guidance from the experienced travelers here about a few specific questions below right after each topic, and a suggestive itinerary for this trip please:
The places I have shortlisted in NB:
1. The Moncton / Hopewell Rocks - Where to stay and how many days???
2. The others, I have noted from NB tourism site: Parlee Beach Provincial Park, Lamèque Island, Miscou Island.
I do not want to repeat any of the similar style places, so not really sure how much the above worth and I am missing any really good once – Would really appreciate your help to pick, including where to stay and how many days, etc. answers
The places I have shortlisted in NS:
3. Cape Breton Island, Cabot Trail, (Where to stay and for how many days???)
This is where I have planned a full Day Kayak Guided Tour with: http://northriverkayak.com/tour/guided-full-day-tour/
4. Bay of Fundy (I think Bay of Fundy and Hopewell Rocks is one and same, right?)
5. At my current knowledge, I am unable to list any more in NS – Would appreciate if you could suggest a couple more worth my time
The places I have shortlisted in PEI:
6. Souris Beach Provincial Park
7. The bridge to PEI
I didn’t think the above is worth 14-2=12 days as yet.
Looking forward to hearing some very valuable insights from you,
Thank-you in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 avast Installation renewal CONTACT ☎1800 681 7208 avast Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 I'm new here
- 3 J-n-K Services, Inc.
- 4 Quebec City/Montreal for Christmas
- 5 May2018 Banff accomodations
- 6 romantic dinner in Montreal suggestions
- 7 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 8 Vancouver Island in Winter
- 9 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 10 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 11 Saguenay & Sydney...Anything to See/Do?
- 12 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 13 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 14 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 15 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 16 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 17 going to banff/jasper in may 2018
- 18 BC or Alberta drives
- 19 Torino in february
- 20 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 21 Vancouver to Seattle?
- 22 Canadian Thanksgiving Long Weekend Roadtrip Ideas
- 23 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 24 Skiing in Whistler
- 25 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
East Coast Road trip from Ottawa to NB, PEI, NS (14 days door-to-door)