We are planning to hire a car in Vancouver and drive the Rockies for 10.5 days at the second half of September this year. Our first stop will be Whistler, from there the planned itinerary is Kamloops, Jasper, down to Banff and then across to Kelowna and back to Vancouver. Are we giving ourselves enough time? Any suggestions on how much time to allow in places and also time to do any extra tours, for eg Alabaster glacier would be greatly appreciated. Also are we following the best route to see the most. We will have 2 nights in Banff but not sure where else to have an extra night. Thanks
Driving the Rockies
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Victoria BC -What to do; What to watch out for
- 2 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 3 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 4 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 5 Adventures in Canada
- 6 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 7 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 8 Does the Easter Bunny visit Canada?
- 9 NYC to Montreal by train
- 10 Camping in Canada: sleeping with bears
- 11 Tent trailer camping tips? Ontario to Nanaimo (Summer 2014) with 2 kids
- 12 Two choices for PEI house for a week; which is better?
- 13 Any reviews of Wildland Tours?
- 14 Where to stay in Banff?
- 15 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 16 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 17 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 18 Transport of cremated remains
- 19 Rockies trip in June.
- 20 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 21 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 22 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 23 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 24 First cut Newfoundland itinerary
- 25 7 Days in Newfoundland