We are driving from Ottawa to Barrington, Nova Scotia for a UofO university alumni get together - celebrating "the gang" are now retiring! We plan on leaving Ottawa and driving to St. Andrew's by the Sea (what's the best route to get there quickly) and staying there for 2 nights, then continuing onto to Barrington and spending 2 nights (then the gang will be renting a bus and travelling together for 5 days visiting Cape Breton) after the 5 days of travelling, my husband and I will then leave Barrington and travel back around to Digby, Annapolis Royal to Amherst to Charlottetown, PEI back through NB to Quebec City for a few days with family then back to Ottawa. I'm not sure on the exact driving route, as we've never been and how to plan for B&Bs and hotels. Does anyone have any suggestions.
Driving from Ottawa to Barrington, Nova Scotia
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 2 Gaspe
- 3 Driving from Calgary to U SA
- 4 Tofino -Are 5-6 days long enough or too long for family with preschoolers?
- 5 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 6 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 7 Montreal and Quebec with 12 year old girl
- 8 ATM for cash in Vancouver
- 9 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 10 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 11 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 12 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 13 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 14 Niagara/Toronto to Quebec & Maybe Montreal--need advice
- 15 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 16 Alberta Wildfires
- 17 Niagara Falls Canada
- 18 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 19 Fresh Fruit from US
- 20 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 21 quebec
- 22 Jet to Victoria
- 23 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 24 Ottawa and Quebec City Restaurants
- 25 icebergs r us/ canada's far east: st john's NL