I'm an American, looking to explore a little of southeast Canada next May. Since, I think the best way to travel is to set your own pace, I was thinking of renting a car in Montreal and driving to Nova Scotia, stopping in Quebec for a night or two and other places, if anyone has suggestions.
1. Will I have trouble renting a car in Montreal? And would it be okay to drop the car off in Nova Scotia, since I want to continue my way to Maine via a boat?
2. Is the trip worth it? It looks like I'ld be taking Route 20, 2, and 102 during the trip. How's the scenic view? Lots of things to see or do along the way? Also, are these roads safe and well traveled or terribly isolated?
Thanks a bunch.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Niagra Falls
- 2 http://www.topwellnesspro.com/kerave-hair-uk/
- 3 First Time Trip to Canada
- 4 http://www.supplementadvise.com/cla-safflower-oil/
- 5 http://supplementscloud.com/testo-vital/
- 6 Bus trip packing for August, Vancouver & Banff
- 7 Fodor's Montreal & Quebec City Errata
- 8 Irish Loop, Newfoundland
- 9 Seattle/Vancouver Retreat
- 10 A week in Eastern Newfoundland
- 11 Road trip from Toronto to New Brunswick and back
- 12 Vancouver 2016 Trip Report
- 13 Calgary-Vancouver-Calgary 12-day road trip
- 14 a visit to st john's one of the oldest cities
- 15 Need Help for First Trip to Toronto
- 16 Maritimes Trip - First Time 2016
- 17 Transporation - Quebec City to Montreal?
- 18 How were you treated in Quebec?
- 19 ideas for a short trip near Niagara
- 20 Dog Sled, Aurora & Niagara!!
- 21 Banff / Jasper 6 days
- 22 Road Trip to Calgary
- 23 Montreal to Quebec Ciry
- 24 A Week in Nova Scotia
- 25 Thousand Islands - Must Dos