I'm an American, looking to explore a little of southeast Canada next May. Since, I think the best way to travel is to set your own pace, I was thinking of renting a car in Montreal and driving to Nova Scotia, stopping in Quebec for a night or two and other places, if anyone has suggestions.
1. Will I have trouble renting a car in Montreal? And would it be okay to drop the car off in Nova Scotia, since I want to continue my way to Maine via a boat?
2. Is the trip worth it? It looks like I'ld be taking Route 20, 2, and 102 during the trip. How's the scenic view? Lots of things to see or do along the way? Also, are these roads safe and well traveled or terribly isolated?
Thanks a bunch.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Buy Data-based Registered High Quality Real Documents.
- 2 Preliminary Newfoundland Itinerary
- 3 Best shopping in both Quebec City and Montreal?
- 4 Mosquitoes in July?
- 5 Canada's East Coast - NS, PEI
- 6 Help w/ quick Lake Louise itinerary
- 7 One Week In Newfoundland itinerary advice.
- 8 Canada transportation
- 9 Itinerary Help - Vancouver Area
- 10 Alberta Warning
- 11 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 12 national parks of Newfoundland
- 13 Shopping favorites in Montreal?
- 14 Oceanfront accomodation?
- 15 Jasper and Banff and Glacier
- 16 Vancouver Island in 8 day
- 17 Early 30's Couple Spending Two weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 18 Been to Stratford (ON) Recently?
- 19 Newfoundland Trip Ideas - August
- 20 Where to stay to break up long drive between Yoho National Park & Whistler?
- 21 Niagara/ toronto/wine tastings in 2.5 days?
- 22 Camping in Newfoundland and Labrador
- 23 Apartments in Montreal and Quebec
- 24 Newfoundland Itinerary help
- 25 Places about 40 minutes from Toronto