I'm an American, looking to explore a little of southeast Canada next May. Since, I think the best way to travel is to set your own pace, I was thinking of renting a car in Montreal and driving to Nova Scotia, stopping in Quebec for a night or two and other places, if anyone has suggestions.
1. Will I have trouble renting a car in Montreal? And would it be okay to drop the car off in Nova Scotia, since I want to continue my way to Maine via a boat?
2. Is the trip worth it? It looks like I'ld be taking Route 20, 2, and 102 during the trip. How's the scenic view? Lots of things to see or do along the way? Also, are these roads safe and well traveled or terribly isolated?
Thanks a bunch.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Taking a bus from Toronto to Ottawa then on to Montreal and Quebec City
- 2 Banff, Jasper with one year old
- 3 Layover In Toronto
- 4 Car Rentals from Manchester, NH to Montreal
- 5 Need to fill in trip plans with one more destination near Vancouver
- 6 Train to Vancouver from Toronto
- 7 Getting to downtown from Brossard
- 8 Aging can now be Defeated Naturally
- 9 review of hotel in Montral
- 10 Montreal Questions
- 11 Trip report/Burlington, VT to Quebec City to Charlevoix
- 12 Rochester > Montreal > Quebec
- 13 Montreal vs Quebec City for Canada Day
- 14 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 15 Embassy suite Niagara falls, how far is the walk to the casino?
- 16 Waterton National Park
- 17 Economy vs business on VIA rail?
- 18 How do I get from Calgary to Glacier National Park or near by?
- 19 Car rental in Victoria, BC
- 20 Restaurant with amazing view (and decent food) Whistler
- 21 Activities for Children in Vancouver
- 22 Romantic destination in Canada
- 23 Travel Guide to Quebec
- 24 Travel Guide to Quebec
- 25 Newfoundland and Labrador with young children