I'm an American, looking to explore a little of southeast Canada next May. Since, I think the best way to travel is to set your own pace, I was thinking of renting a car in Montreal and driving to Nova Scotia, stopping in Quebec for a night or two and other places, if anyone has suggestions.
1. Will I have trouble renting a car in Montreal? And would it be okay to drop the car off in Nova Scotia, since I want to continue my way to Maine via a boat?
2. Is the trip worth it? It looks like I'ld be taking Route 20, 2, and 102 during the trip. How's the scenic view? Lots of things to see or do along the way? Also, are these roads safe and well traveled or terribly isolated?
Thanks a bunch.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vancouver 3 days
- 2 American in Canada - Do you carry your passport?
- 3 Vancouver without a Car
- 4 Whistler
- 5 Montreal and Quebec City with Kids
- 6 Trip Between New York City and Toronto
- 7 Intro
- 8 5 day itinerary for Vancouver
- 9 First time & 5 days in Vancouver (trip report)
- 10 Victoria, BC weekend help
- 11 Road trip from Ithaca (NY) to Montreal/Quebec City?
- 12 Wheelchair in NOL, Toronto & Kingston
- 13 14 days self-drive Niagara north
- 14 Vancouver, Vancouver Island & Rockies road trip - HELP NEEDED
- 15 Need help in rain!
- 16 Banff Jasper Itinerary Help - Need ASAP Married Couple 9 days
- 17 Rv Campground trip
- 18 Chicago to London, ON, Canada
- 19 Weather September/October
- 20 driving from Richmond Hill, Onatio to Winnipeg, MB
- 21 First Time Trip
- 22 Waterton Lakes quick trip?
- 23 C train to Calgary Stampede
- 24 Victoria/Vancouver 3 nights
- 25 From Vancouver to Anchorage