I'm an American, looking to explore a little of southeast Canada next May. Since, I think the best way to travel is to set your own pace, I was thinking of renting a car in Montreal and driving to Nova Scotia, stopping in Quebec for a night or two and other places, if anyone has suggestions.
1. Will I have trouble renting a car in Montreal? And would it be okay to drop the car off in Nova Scotia, since I want to continue my way to Maine via a boat?
2. Is the trip worth it? It looks like I'ld be taking Route 20, 2, and 102 during the trip. How's the scenic view? Lots of things to see or do along the way? Also, are these roads safe and well traveled or terribly isolated?
Thanks a bunch.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Forming itinerary--Moraine Lake to Jasper to Banff Springs this Sept.
- 2 Is my itinerary the best Ontario loop?
- 3 trip report Quebec City and Montreal
- 4 Thoughts on a honeymoon in Quebec City
- 5 Best place for wedding flowers
- 6 PEI/Bay of Fundy or PEI/Cape Breton in 5 nights/6 days
- 7 yarmouth,nova scotia
- 8 Underwhelmed by Montreal - any suggestions?
- 9 Toronto Breakfast Places
- 10 Quebec Restaurant Suggestions
- 11 Super Visa or Tourist Visa for parents?
- 12 Ideas for extra night traveling from Canmore to Spokane
- 13 5 days in Banff and Lake Lousie
- 14 hotel in vancouver
- 15 Visiting Toronto 2 days
- 16 Rainy Lake fishing trip
- 17 Trip to Niagara Falls/Toronto/Montreal/Quebec
- 18 NH to Nova Scotia
- 19 planning 3 weeks trip in western Canada
- 20 Banff Area In October
- 21 Venue for destination wedding!!
- 22 Is Prince Edward Island worth just a few hours?
- 23 Niagara Falls Advise
- 24 Ottawa recs?
- 25 Pow Wow, feating with Canadian aboriginals