I'm an American, looking to explore a little of southeast Canada next May. Since, I think the best way to travel is to set your own pace, I was thinking of renting a car in Montreal and driving to Nova Scotia, stopping in Quebec for a night or two and other places, if anyone has suggestions.
1. Will I have trouble renting a car in Montreal? And would it be okay to drop the car off in Nova Scotia, since I want to continue my way to Maine via a boat?
2. Is the trip worth it? It looks like I'ld be taking Route 20, 2, and 102 during the trip. How's the scenic view? Lots of things to see or do along the way? Also, are these roads safe and well traveled or terribly isolated?
Thanks a bunch.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Montreal, Quebec City and Vermont
- 2 Victoria?
- 3 Need travel help from Toronto to Vermont!
- 4 Marvellous Montreal
- 5 Pacific Northwest Itinerary Help: Victoria, Vancouver, Whistler, Seattle
- 6 Vancouver for Christmas
- 7 Vancouver, Mountains, Public Transit
- 8 Wheelchair accessible trails, sights, activities, etc?
- 9 St John's to Fogo Island : need a half way stop.
- 10 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 11 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 12 Rocky Mountaineer train vacation
- 13 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 14 Road trip to Maritime Provinces
- 15 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 16 Cape Breton Island and Nova Scotia
- 17 One afternoon/night in Calgary.
- 18 Running in Jasper in late summer
- 19 Accomodation in Whistler, B.C.
- 20 Canadian Rockies Itinerary input?
- 21 Opinions on a rental service in Toronto
- 22 Niagara-on-the-Lake B&B for One In Town
- 23 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 24 Quebec-Montreal in Summer
- 25 Would you stay in Quesnel?