OK we had planned to drive from Vancouver to Banff in one long day. However, now getting cold feet and considering flying on Westjet (some nice fares on offer). Fly into Calgary and then rent car there and drive to Banff. Other way we would do one way rental (flying back to States from Calgary, already booked). Putting pencil to paper seems that it will cost about $50 US total more to do the fly when figuring gasoline costs as part of drive. I am leaning toward just flying and getting there, figuring the extra 50+ bucks will sure be worth it. This is for September by the way. What I would like to see are your thoughts on this. 1 1/2 hour flight plus drive time to Banff from Calgary ( 1 1/2 hours??) versus 9-10 (or more) driving time and getting to Banff late. Please comment on this. Thanks so much
Drive Vancouver-Banff vs Fly To Calgary?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 2 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 3 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 4 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 5 Need tips for this trip
- 6 Rockies trip in June.
- 7 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 8 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 9 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 10 North Vancouver Island
- 11 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 12 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 13 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 14 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 15 Newfoundland questions
- 16 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 17 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 18 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 19 Itinerary help
- 20 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
- 21 Montreal/Toronto
- 22 Gros Morne hiking
- 23 Victoria for 2 days
- 24 Early Summer Banff/Lake Louise/Field
- 25 Staying in Vancouver