OK we had planned to drive from Vancouver to Banff in one long day. However, now getting cold feet and considering flying on Westjet (some nice fares on offer). Fly into Calgary and then rent car there and drive to Banff. Other way we would do one way rental (flying back to States from Calgary, already booked). Putting pencil to paper seems that it will cost about $50 US total more to do the fly when figuring gasoline costs as part of drive. I am leaning toward just flying and getting there, figuring the extra 50+ bucks will sure be worth it. This is for September by the way. What I would like to see are your thoughts on this. 1 1/2 hour flight plus drive time to Banff from Calgary ( 1 1/2 hours??) versus 9-10 (or more) driving time and getting to Banff late. Please comment on this. Thanks so much
Drive Vancouver-Banff vs Fly To Calgary?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Buy Quality medical marijuana,Heroin,actavis, pain killer,
- 2 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 3 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 4 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 5 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 6 NYC to Montreal by train
- 7 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 8 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 9 Where to stay in Banff?
- 10 Transport of cremated remains
- 11 Rockies trip in June.
- 12 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 13 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 14 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 15 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 16 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 17 First cut Newfoundland itinerary
- 18 7 Days in Newfoundland
- 19 boarder crossing question
- 20 Best Areas to Stay in Montreal
- 21 Calgary hotel help needed
- 22 Air Canada vs Westjet for flight to Barbados from Toronto
- 23 a week in St John's, NL
- 24 Where to go with grandson in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick , PEI
- 25 graduation in Vancouver