OK we had planned to drive from Vancouver to Banff in one long day. However, now getting cold feet and considering flying on Westjet (some nice fares on offer). Fly into Calgary and then rent car there and drive to Banff. Other way we would do one way rental (flying back to States from Calgary, already booked). Putting pencil to paper seems that it will cost about $50 US total more to do the fly when figuring gasoline costs as part of drive. I am leaning toward just flying and getting there, figuring the extra 50+ bucks will sure be worth it. This is for September by the way. What I would like to see are your thoughts on this. 1 1/2 hour flight plus drive time to Banff from Calgary ( 1 1/2 hours??) versus 9-10 (or more) driving time and getting to Banff late. Please comment on this. Thanks so much
Drive Vancouver-Banff vs Fly To Calgary?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 2 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 3 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 4 Montreal and Quebec with 12 year old girl
- 5 Car Service in Toronto
- 6 Tofino -Are 5-6 days long enough or too long for family with preschoolers?
- 7 ATM for cash in Vancouver
- 8 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 9 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 10 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 11 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 12 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 13 Niagara/Toronto to Quebec & Maybe Montreal--need advice
- 14 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 15 Alberta Wildfires
- 16 Niagara Falls Canada
- 17 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 18 Fresh Fruit from US
- 19 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 20 quebec
- 21 Jet to Victoria
- 22 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 23 Ottawa and Quebec City Restaurants
- 24 icebergs r us/ canada's far east: st john's NL
- 25 When Train Plans Go Awry—My 2 Day Winnipeg/ Saint Boniface Odyssey