OK we had planned to drive from Vancouver to Banff in one long day. However, now getting cold feet and considering flying on Westjet (some nice fares on offer). Fly into Calgary and then rent car there and drive to Banff. Other way we would do one way rental (flying back to States from Calgary, already booked). Putting pencil to paper seems that it will cost about $50 US total more to do the fly when figuring gasoline costs as part of drive. I am leaning toward just flying and getting there, figuring the extra 50+ bucks will sure be worth it. This is for September by the way. What I would like to see are your thoughts on this. 1 1/2 hour flight plus drive time to Banff from Calgary ( 1 1/2 hours??) versus 9-10 (or more) driving time and getting to Banff late. Please comment on this. Thanks so much
Drive Vancouver-Banff vs Fly To Calgary?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 2 Toronto: where to stay?
- 3 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 4 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 5 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 6 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 7 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 8 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 9 Three days in Halifax - One being daytrip to PEI.
- 10 Heli skiing in March
- 11 Toronto lodgings
- 12 Free parking in Halifax near Waterfront.
- 13 Planing a Trip to Toronto in December
- 14 rockies in september
- 15 Looking for a cold place to visit during my school break
- 16 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 17 Viking Trail
- 18 sample itinerary for multi-generational family to Canadian Rockies in July
- 19 Quebec City trip.report
- 20 Difficulty getting from Montreal to Burlington by public transport help plz
- 21 Best weekend of Carnaval?
- 22 Is anyone has visited eagle lake in ontario
- 23 iPhone in Canada
- 24 Lake Louise/Jasper trip report
- 25 Victoria Dining