We have 2 young kids (2 and 4) and want to make a trip out to the island when we are in Calgary this summer. I guess it is about a 12 hour drive, is it safe to drive at night?
By that I mean are there high cliffs with no rails and animals wonderinig the road? Or is it a well traveled road at night and animals are now unlikely?
We hope to do it non-stop and with the young ones we would rather do it while they slept. Any advice or recomendations?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 May2018 Banff accomodations
- 2 Vancouver Island in Winter
- 3 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 4 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 5 Saguenay & Sydney...Anything to See/Do?
- 6 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 7 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 8 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 9 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 10 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 11 going to banff/jasper in may 2018
- 12 BC or Alberta drives
- 13 Torino in february
- 14 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 15 Vancouver to Seattle?
- 16 Canadian Thanksgiving Long Weekend Roadtrip Ideas
- 17 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 18 Skiing in Whistler
- 19 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 20 lodging in whistler
- 21 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 22 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast
- 23 My Family Travle Vlog
- 24 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 25 Nova Scotia: Fort Louisbourg?