I hope someone might be able to help.
I'm filling in my visa application form to go to Canada. I am English and currently living in the UK. My husband will be going to Vancouver to study so I am applying for an open work permit to accompany him as his spouse.
I was under the impression that because it's an open work permit, you do not need to have a job lined up (unlike regular work permits) but as I'm filling in the form it is asking me for my intended employment - the address, job title and brief description of duties but I was just planning to look for work when I arrived and so don't know any of that information yet.
Can anyone give me any advice?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Deontay Wilder vs Gerald Washington Live Stream
- 2 Nova Scotia Wineries
- 3 Nova Scotia Cabot Trail- Which hikes to consider?
- 4 YUL to Old Montreal with kids
- 5 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 6 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 7 Calgary, Banff, and Jasper
- 8 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 9 Traveling to the maritimes this summer
- 10 Quebec to yarmouth
- 11 6 hr Montreal Layover
- 12 Winter resort offering snowshoeing, dog sledding and boat trip
- 13 Overnight en route to Fogo Island
- 14 Pre- and post-cruise plans
- 15 Storing luggage in Vancouver
- 16 Work Visa Cutt off Age
- 17 Visit to the Maritimes Aug 2 - 11
- 18 Restaurants in Banff and Jasper / Canadian Rockies
- 19 5 hour layover in Toronto on a Tuesday
- 20 Toronto lodging for 15 people - something unique?
- 21 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 22 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 23 Bears in Britsch Columbia and Alberta
- 24 Getting from Anchorage to Chicago Via Train?
- 25 Pearson Airport logistics
Do I need work lined up for applying for an open work permit to Canada?