I hope someone might be able to help.
I'm filling in my visa application form to go to Canada. I am English and currently living in the UK. My husband will be going to Vancouver to study so I am applying for an open work permit to accompany him as his spouse.
I was under the impression that because it's an open work permit, you do not need to have a job lined up (unlike regular work permits) but as I'm filling in the form it is asking me for my intended employment - the address, job title and brief description of duties but I was just planning to look for work when I arrived and so don't know any of that information yet.
Can anyone give me any advice?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 GMAIL Recovery Password CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540:6830 Technical SUPP0RT b*G
- 2 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 3 Vermont to Montreal for 2 days?
- 4 Quebec and Montreal train stations
- 5 Old Montreal kid friendly restaurants?
- 6 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 7 Activity Suggestions for Quebec City + Montreal for 10 days
- 8 Victoria, Canada
- 9 Toronto - Last Minute Ideas
- 10 Best places in Toronto
- 11 Tweak itinerary for Canadian Rockies
- 12 Day trip from Toronto to 1000 Islands
- 13 Planning a trip to 1000 Islands
- 14 Is it too late to plan Banff & Jasper for this July?
- 15 Newfoundland in early June
- 16 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 17 Think a horsey ride is a good idea?
- 18 Vancouver/Seattle Trip
- 19 HELP: Winnipeg to Grand Forks,ND
- 20 Toronto to N.F. to Buffalo without a car. Need help.
- 21 Nova Scotia in July
- 22 Cape Breton in early June
- 23 Magdalen Islands in early June
- 24 Magdalen Islands
- 25 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
Do I need work lined up for applying for an open work permit to Canada?