I hope someone might be able to help.
I'm filling in my visa application form to go to Canada. I am English and currently living in the UK. My husband will be going to Vancouver to study so I am applying for an open work permit to accompany him as his spouse.
I was under the impression that because it's an open work permit, you do not need to have a job lined up (unlike regular work permits) but as I'm filling in the form it is asking me for my intended employment - the address, job title and brief description of duties but I was just planning to look for work when I arrived and so don't know any of that information yet.
Can anyone give me any advice?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vancouver to Seattle?
- 2 going to banff/jasper in may 2018
- 3 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 4 Canadian Thanksgiving Long Weekend Roadtrip Ideas
- 5 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 6 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 7 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 8 Skiing in Whistler
- 9 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 10 lodging in whistler
- 11 BC or Alberta drives
- 12 Torino in february
- 13 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 14 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast
- 15 My Family Travle Vlog
- 16 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 17 Nova Scotia: Fort Louisbourg?
- 18 What is famous in canada?
- 19 Looking for fellow travellers
- 20 Banff conference- 2 days to sightsee
- 21 Pacific Central Rail Station Vancouver--Taxi?
- 22 Boston to Cabot Trail for foliage
- 23 Happy Canada Day
- 24 Calgary plus Canada Rockies- Advice
- 25 Across Canada by Train
Do I need work lined up for applying for an open work permit to Canada?