I hope someone might be able to help.
I'm filling in my visa application form to go to Canada. I am English and currently living in the UK. My husband will be going to Vancouver to study so I am applying for an open work permit to accompany him as his spouse.
I was under the impression that because it's an open work permit, you do not need to have a job lined up (unlike regular work permits) but as I'm filling in the form it is asking me for my intended employment - the address, job title and brief description of duties but I was just planning to look for work when I arrived and so don't know any of that information yet.
Can anyone give me any advice?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Metropolitan Movers Burnaby BC GVA - Moving Company
- 2 7 Day Trip to PEI and Cape Breton Islands with Vegetarian Options
- 3 Two week taster
- 4 Jasper and Banff with 9 year old and Husband who hates crowds!
- 5 Confused about Whistler Gondolas
- 6 Area between Montreal and Lake Champlain, VT
- 7 VANCOUVER RESTAURANT WITH A VIEW
- 8 East Coast Family Road Trip
- 9 Need help with Banff and Jasper Trip planning
- 10 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 11 Easy way to get from Quebec City down to Burlington?
- 12 Victoria Island
- 13 Montreal Quebec road trip with kids
- 14 Accommodation in halifax
- 15 Itinerary help needed: Seattle, Olympic National Park,Victorian Vancouver
- 16 Newfoundland by Public Transit! Can't Be Done!
- 17 Is it possible to drive to Nunavut?
- 18 Part Montreal, Part ?? 9 days
- 19 Fairmont Queen Elizabeth or Hotel Le St. James
- 20 Translink and itinerary questions
- 21 Driving the Cabot Trail
- 22 Montreal Restaurants
- 23 Would love to hear thoughts on Nova Scotia, NB and a dip into Maine
- 24 Halifax/PE in 6 nights
- 25 Bay of Fundy
Do I need work lined up for applying for an open work permit to Canada?