A friend and I will be in PEI for about a week at the end of July (not sure when we'll be getting there, but we'll be leaving July 20th or 21st, after the Westpoint Lighthouse festival). We're toying around with the idea of biking around some areas PEI on the Confederation Trail (mainly from Charolettetown to Westpoint and/or Summerside to Westpoint and then from Westpoint to the Confedration Bridge or back to the bike rental to drop off the bikes). However, we are novice bikers, and might have our backpacks for some of the biking. Given our fitness level (average), the amount of time we have (a week max) etc, would it be doable to travel by bike around PEI by bike, or at least for the last three to fours days between Summerside, Westpoint and Charolettetown? Or are those distances just too far? If it is doable, does anyone know the average time it would take to travel between those areas?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Questions about future trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 2 no foreign transaction fee, possible?
- 3 Driving from Victoria to Tofino
- 4 Victoria
- 5 Help us see Vancouver island
- 6 Newfoundland and Labrador with young children
- 7 Whistler, Jasper, Banff 13 nights, thoughts on must see/dos?
- 8 Ottawa, Montreal and Quabec in 10 days late November ?
- 9 The hotel called one king west in Toronto
- 10 Montreal vs Quebec City for Canada Day
- 11 NOTL weather in Sept
- 12 Calgary Banff LL Edmonton
- 13 Banff and Jasper National Parks
- 14 Visit to Nova Scotia and PEI
- 15 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 16 birthday trip
- 17 3 Days in Newfoundland
- 18 Vancouver - Seattle - Portland
- 19 Best hikes in Banff
- 20 Hotels in Toronto
- 21 Advice trip to Canada
- 22 Martimes Vacation: flying from Wpg to Halifax (2 weeks)
- 23 Credit Valley Explorer Railway Timetable and Prices
- 24 Fundy Parkway NB vs Cabot Trail Cape Breton NS - if you had to choose?
- 25 Maritime Road Trip from Ottawa - HELP !