A friend and I will be in PEI for about a week at the end of July (not sure when we'll be getting there, but we'll be leaving July 20th or 21st, after the Westpoint Lighthouse festival). We're toying around with the idea of biking around some areas PEI on the Confederation Trail (mainly from Charolettetown to Westpoint and/or Summerside to Westpoint and then from Westpoint to the Confedration Bridge or back to the bike rental to drop off the bikes). However, we are novice bikers, and might have our backpacks for some of the biking. Given our fitness level (average), the amount of time we have (a week max) etc, would it be doable to travel by bike around PEI by bike, or at least for the last three to fours days between Summerside, Westpoint and Charolettetown? Or are those distances just too far? If it is doable, does anyone know the average time it would take to travel between those areas?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Rockies in Winter for a non skiier - review of accommodation and tours
- 2 Honeymoon destination
- 3 Rockies to Vancouver
- 4 My first visit to Montreal(Canada in general), going solo!
- 5 Coach class Canadian Via
- 6 Confused about VIA rail options - upper berth, cabin?
- 7 season greetings
- 8 Taxi Stand near Saint Jean Baptiste in Montreal
- 9 December activities for kids in downtown Toronto?
- 10 Toronto: where to stay?
- 11 Alberta????
- 12 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 13 moving from Saskatchewan - choices
- 14 Ottawa and Montreal New Years
- 15 Wifi rental
- 16 Your favorite travel web sites?
- 17 Short term lodging
- 18 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 19 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 20 Vancouver island or Northern West
- 21 Vancouver top restaurant
- 22 Montreal Entertainment
- 23 Heli skiing in March
- 24 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 25 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental