A friend and I will be in PEI for about a week at the end of July (not sure when we'll be getting there, but we'll be leaving July 20th or 21st, after the Westpoint Lighthouse festival). We're toying around with the idea of biking around some areas PEI on the Confederation Trail (mainly from Charolettetown to Westpoint and/or Summerside to Westpoint and then from Westpoint to the Confedration Bridge or back to the bike rental to drop off the bikes). However, we are novice bikers, and might have our backpacks for some of the biking. Given our fitness level (average), the amount of time we have (a week max) etc, would it be doable to travel by bike around PEI by bike, or at least for the last three to fours days between Summerside, Westpoint and Charolettetown? Or are those distances just too far? If it is doable, does anyone know the average time it would take to travel between those areas?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 VANCOUVER RESTAURANT WITH A VIEW
- 2 Area between Montreal and Lake Champlain, VT
- 3 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 4 Easy way to get from Quebec City down to Burlington?
- 5 Victoria Island
- 6 Montreal Quebec road trip with kids
- 7 Accommodation in halifax
- 8 Itinerary help needed: Seattle, Olympic National Park,Victorian Vancouver
- 9 Newfoundland by Public Transit! Can't Be Done!
- 10 Two week taster
- 11 Is it possible to drive to Nunavut?
- 12 Part Montreal, Part ?? 9 days
- 13 Fairmont Queen Elizabeth or Hotel Le St. James
- 14 Need help with Banff and Jasper Trip planning
- 15 Translink and itinerary questions
- 16 Driving the Cabot Trail
- 17 Montreal Restaurants
- 18 Traveling with your bike
- 19 Would love to hear thoughts on Nova Scotia, NB and a dip into Maine
- 20 Halifax/PE in 6 nights
- 21 Bay of Fundy
- 22 Buying on Road Trip US>Canada>US
- 23 Banff/Yoho/Kootenay/Jasper Travelers Advice Please
- 24 Icebergs, Whales, Puffins and Potholes - A Newfoundland Adventure
- 25 First Hikes - Flatlanders