Next summer I was thinking I might like to do some "bicycle tourism", visiting P.E.I this way (bringing my bike on the train to Moncton and then bus to Charlottetown); I would not have a car. I've never been to P.E.I. before.
I've heard there are bicycle tourism programs whereby one can bike long-distances and someone will transport your luggage each day to your end destination. This option does not appeal to me so much.
Rather, what I'd like to do is spend 6 days/one week in Charlottetown and do bicycle adventures on a number of days... and visit some C'town sights on a rainy day. 40-50 km each way is roughly about what I would enjoy. Ideas I had were visiting Argyle Shore, going north one day to the Gulf of Saint Lawrence/Brackley Beach, going to Mount Stewart, St. Peter's Bay, i.e., branching out in different directions on alternate days.
My questions for you are (and I want your ideas! If you like it, I want to know about it, even if other people don't like it as much):
1. Are there any routes for biking you particularly recommend (well-paved, nice scenery, not-too-strenuous, strenuous-but-worth-it-for-the-exercise)? (or would not recommend)?
2. If you had to pick two or three places to bike to, where would you choose? (I like to swim, beaches are cool, I'll put my swimsuit in my backpack)
3. Any bike repair shops you especially like in C'town?
4. Do you think C'town is an OK base?
Thanks so much, best wishes,
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 토토총판 모집 《kakao: dnj2016 텔레그램 : speed2017 》
- 2 Question on Staying on Nova Scotia
- 3 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 4 Icefields Parkway
- 5 Cat Ferry to Nova Scotia?
- 6 Nature drive in Canada and the U.S.
- 7 Vancouver to Ft St John/return - summer road trip
- 8 4 Days Vancouver & 5 in Whistler
- 9 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 10 Niagara Falls - 2 Nights Family of 4
- 11 Banff to Jasper and back
- 12 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 13 Canmore for a few days
- 14 Keltic Lodge
- 15 The Canadian
- 16 2 weeks ‘corridor’, lowbudget daytrips by public bus, book on the spot?
- 17 Road from Calgary to Whitehorse
- 18 NS and PEI with elderly traveller
- 19 Restaurants in Jasper, Alberta
- 20 Getting from Vancouver to Nanaimo without a car
- 21 Going from Banff to Many Glacier without flying
- 22 East to West, Roadtrip
- 23 Tent camping with a dog
- 24 Help with Victoria get away
- 25 Help needed - Montreal/QC/Toronto Itinerary