Next summer I was thinking I might like to do some "bicycle tourism", visiting P.E.I this way (bringing my bike on the train to Moncton and then bus to Charlottetown); I would not have a car. I've never been to P.E.I. before.
I've heard there are bicycle tourism programs whereby one can bike long-distances and someone will transport your luggage each day to your end destination. This option does not appeal to me so much.
Rather, what I'd like to do is spend 6 days/one week in Charlottetown and do bicycle adventures on a number of days... and visit some C'town sights on a rainy day. 40-50 km each way is roughly about what I would enjoy. Ideas I had were visiting Argyle Shore, going north one day to the Gulf of Saint Lawrence/Brackley Beach, going to Mount Stewart, St. Peter's Bay, i.e., branching out in different directions on alternate days.
My questions for you are (and I want your ideas! If you like it, I want to know about it, even if other people don't like it as much):
1. Are there any routes for biking you particularly recommend (well-paved, nice scenery, not-too-strenuous, strenuous-but-worth-it-for-the-exercise)? (or would not recommend)?
2. If you had to pick two or three places to bike to, where would you choose? (I like to swim, beaches are cool, I'll put my swimsuit in my backpack)
3. Any bike repair shops you especially like in C'town?
4. Do you think C'town is an OK base?
Thanks so much, best wishes,
Charlottetown as a Base for Bicycle Tourism?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Taxi Stand near Saint Jean Baptiste in Montreal
- 2 Confused about VIA rail options - upper berth, cabin?
- 3 December activities for kids in downtown Toronto?
- 4 Toronto: where to stay?
- 5 Alberta????
- 6 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 7 moving from Saskatchewan - choices
- 8 Ottawa and Montreal New Years
- 9 Wifi rental
- 10 Your favorite travel web sites?
- 11 Short term lodging
- 12 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 13 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 14 Vancouver island or Northern West
- 15 Vancouver top restaurant
- 16 Montreal Entertainment
- 17 Heli skiing in March
- 18 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 19 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 20 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 21 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 22 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 23 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 24 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 25 Three days in Halifax - One being daytrip to PEI.