Next summer I was thinking I might like to do some "bicycle tourism", visiting P.E.I this way (bringing my bike on the train to Moncton and then bus to Charlottetown); I would not have a car. I've never been to P.E.I. before.
I've heard there are bicycle tourism programs whereby one can bike long-distances and someone will transport your luggage each day to your end destination. This option does not appeal to me so much.
Rather, what I'd like to do is spend 6 days/one week in Charlottetown and do bicycle adventures on a number of days... and visit some C'town sights on a rainy day. 40-50 km each way is roughly about what I would enjoy. Ideas I had were visiting Argyle Shore, going north one day to the Gulf of Saint Lawrence/Brackley Beach, going to Mount Stewart, St. Peter's Bay, i.e., branching out in different directions on alternate days.
My questions for you are (and I want your ideas! If you like it, I want to know about it, even if other people don't like it as much):
1. Are there any routes for biking you particularly recommend (well-paved, nice scenery, not-too-strenuous, strenuous-but-worth-it-for-the-exercise)? (or would not recommend)?
2. If you had to pick two or three places to bike to, where would you choose? (I like to swim, beaches are cool, I'll put my swimsuit in my backpack)
3. Any bike repair shops you especially like in C'town?
4. Do you think C'town is an OK base?
Thanks so much, best wishes,
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 HOTMAIL Password reset CONTACT☎ 1:8OO:681:72O8 Tec*h Supp0rt 24/7
- 2 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 3 May2018 Banff accomodations
- 4 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 5 Saguenay & Sydney...Anything to See/Do?
- 6 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 7 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 8 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 9 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 10 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 11 going to banff/jasper in may 2018
- 12 BC or Alberta drives
- 13 Torino in february
- 14 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 15 Vancouver to Seattle?
- 16 Canadian Thanksgiving Long Weekend Roadtrip Ideas
- 17 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 18 Skiing in Whistler
- 19 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 20 lodging in whistler
- 21 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 22 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast
- 23 My Family Travle Vlog
- 24 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 25 Nova Scotia: Fort Louisbourg?