Next summer I was thinking I might like to do some "bicycle tourism", visiting P.E.I this way (bringing my bike on the train to Moncton and then bus to Charlottetown); I would not have a car. I've never been to P.E.I. before.
I've heard there are bicycle tourism programs whereby one can bike long-distances and someone will transport your luggage each day to your end destination. This option does not appeal to me so much.
Rather, what I'd like to do is spend 6 days/one week in Charlottetown and do bicycle adventures on a number of days... and visit some C'town sights on a rainy day. 40-50 km each way is roughly about what I would enjoy. Ideas I had were visiting Argyle Shore, going north one day to the Gulf of Saint Lawrence/Brackley Beach, going to Mount Stewart, St. Peter's Bay, i.e., branching out in different directions on alternate days.
My questions for you are (and I want your ideas! If you like it, I want to know about it, even if other people don't like it as much):
1. Are there any routes for biking you particularly recommend (well-paved, nice scenery, not-too-strenuous, strenuous-but-worth-it-for-the-exercise)? (or would not recommend)?
2. If you had to pick two or three places to bike to, where would you choose? (I like to swim, beaches are cool, I'll put my swimsuit in my backpack)
3. Any bike repair shops you especially like in C'town?
4. Do you think C'town is an OK base?
Thanks so much, best wishes,
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Victoria?
- 2 Montreal, Quebec City and Vermont
- 3 Marvellous Montreal
- 4 Pacific Northwest Itinerary Help: Victoria, Vancouver, Whistler, Seattle
- 5 Vancouver for Christmas
- 6 Vancouver, Mountains, Public Transit
- 7 Wheelchair accessible trails, sights, activities, etc?
- 8 St John's to Fogo Island : need a half way stop.
- 9 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 10 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 11 Rocky Mountaineer train vacation
- 12 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 13 Road trip to Maritime Provinces
- 14 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 15 Need travel help from Toronto to Vermont!
- 16 Cape Breton Island and Nova Scotia
- 17 One afternoon/night in Calgary.
- 18 Running in Jasper in late summer
- 19 Accomodation in Whistler, B.C.
- 20 Canadian Rockies Itinerary input?
- 21 Opinions on a rental service in Toronto
- 22 Niagara-on-the-Lake B&B for One In Town
- 23 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 24 Quebec-Montreal in Summer
- 25 Would you stay in Quesnel?