Looking at a map of Charlottetown, it looks like the central part is roughly the rectangle of streets between Euston and Water St., and between Rochford and Weymouth Streets.
I'm planning on using Charlottetown as a roughly weeklong base or so next summer for some cycling adventures on PEI (I live in Montreal). My thought was to relax and enjoy what central Charlottetown has to offer for one or two of the days, my plan being to walk around and chill in Charlottetown. Since I don't drive, my question is: if I stay near/in what seems to me the central part listed above, while I see there are some restaurants and pubs recommended in my guidebook, are there amenities such as pharmacies, cafes or a market/grocery store, or is it one of these North American towns where you have to own a car to get to the nearest market/supermarket? I might be able to manage groceries with my bike on a pleasant day if need be... but on a rainy day, it would be nice to have a grocery store nearby.
Do you have any favourite streets near this central grid(I enjoy older homes/buildings, architectural flourish) that you especially appreciate (I'll check them out if you like them)? I enjoy parks too, so I guess Victoria Park is where to head to? Vegetarian/healthy restaurant suggestions will be welcomed too...
Best wishes, Daniel
central Charlottetown: walkable with amenities?
- 1 Huge British Columbia roadtrip
- 2 Nova Scotia in 10 days - Roundtrip from Bangor, ME
- 3 First time trip to Montreal for senior couple (late sixties)
- 4 Reservations needed for BC ferries between Tsawwassen and Swartz Bay?
- 5 Need help, can't decide
- 6 Calgary - Things to Do
- 7 Transportation from Toronto to Niagara Falls
- 8 Accommodation in Kelowna area
- 9 Canadian SIM card options (in Nova Scotia)?
- 10 NIAGARA FALLS TO RAPID CITY MOST SCENIC ROUTE PLEASE
- 11 Canadian Rodeo in early to mid July --- somewhere near Montreal or Ontario?
- 12 Two weeks in Quebec with kids.
- 13 Preclearing US customs in Canada
- 14 Vancouver + Vancouver Island August Trip
- 15 Hike/Trail recommendations in Banff?
- 16 Parksville Or Nanaimo
- 17 Info about Visiting Yoho's Lake O'Hara, please!
- 18 2 weeks in vancouver with small baby
- 19 How similar are the Tofino area of B.C. and the San Juan Islands of WA state?
- 20 help! quebec city with a toddler.
- 21 Sidney, Pender, Galiano, Saturna - best route?
- 22 Brier Island versus Digby (or Annapolis Royal)
- 23 Road Trip from Montreal to PEI to Cape Breton
- 24 Hotel or B and B in Halifax
- 25 chartered power boat trip for family of 5 from Vancouver Island