Looking at a map of Charlottetown, it looks like the central part is roughly the rectangle of streets between Euston and Water St., and between Rochford and Weymouth Streets.
I'm planning on using Charlottetown as a roughly weeklong base or so next summer for some cycling adventures on PEI (I live in Montreal). My thought was to relax and enjoy what central Charlottetown has to offer for one or two of the days, my plan being to walk around and chill in Charlottetown. Since I don't drive, my question is: if I stay near/in what seems to me the central part listed above, while I see there are some restaurants and pubs recommended in my guidebook, are there amenities such as pharmacies, cafes or a market/grocery store, or is it one of these North American towns where you have to own a car to get to the nearest market/supermarket? I might be able to manage groceries with my bike on a pleasant day if need be... but on a rainy day, it would be nice to have a grocery store nearby.
Do you have any favourite streets near this central grid(I enjoy older homes/buildings, architectural flourish) that you especially appreciate (I'll check them out if you like them)? I enjoy parks too, so I guess Victoria Park is where to head to? Vegetarian/healthy restaurant suggestions will be welcomed too...
Best wishes, Daniel
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Family vacation
- 2 Toronto - Niagara Falls NO CAR
- 3 Ferry from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay
- 4 4-6 hours in Gaspe
- 5 Drive from Spokane to Yoho/Banff/Jasper
- 6 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 7 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report
- 8 Van to Alaska Road Trip in 10 days
- 9 2016 East Canada Road Trip
- 10 UP, Manitoulin, and Quebec Driving
- 11 Planning a week in Canadian Rockies, need some help with itinerary !
- 12 Cape Breton, Nova Scotia & PEI
- 13 A month in Atlantic Canada
- 14 Calgary Stampede
- 15 My Trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 16 Fairmont Hot Springs
- 17 11 Day Road trip
- 18 Canada - 1st time
- 19 Niagra Falls, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal?
- 20 Halifax port restaurants
- 21 Natural Habitat Churchill Polar Bear Trips--Tundra Lodge & Hotel
- 22 Road Trip Help
- 23 12 Day Itinerary Nova Scotia
- 24 Return flight ticket cheaper than One Way
- 25 Grizzly Bears Campbell River