Looking at a map of Charlottetown, it looks like the central part is roughly the rectangle of streets between Euston and Water St., and between Rochford and Weymouth Streets.
I'm planning on using Charlottetown as a roughly weeklong base or so next summer for some cycling adventures on PEI (I live in Montreal). My thought was to relax and enjoy what central Charlottetown has to offer for one or two of the days, my plan being to walk around and chill in Charlottetown. Since I don't drive, my question is: if I stay near/in what seems to me the central part listed above, while I see there are some restaurants and pubs recommended in my guidebook, are there amenities such as pharmacies, cafes or a market/grocery store, or is it one of these North American towns where you have to own a car to get to the nearest market/supermarket? I might be able to manage groceries with my bike on a pleasant day if need be... but on a rainy day, it would be nice to have a grocery store nearby.
Do you have any favourite streets near this central grid(I enjoy older homes/buildings, architectural flourish) that you especially appreciate (I'll check them out if you like them)? I enjoy parks too, so I guess Victoria Park is where to head to? Vegetarian/healthy restaurant suggestions will be welcomed too...
Best wishes, Daniel
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Where to stay to break up long drive between Yoho National Park & Whistler?
- 2 Niagara/ toronto/wine tastings in 2.5 days?
- 3 Preliminary Newfoundland Itinerary
- 4 Camping in Newfoundland and Labrador
- 5 Apartments in Montreal and Quebec
- 6 Early 30's Couple Spending Two weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 7 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 8 Newfoundland Itinerary help
- 9 Places about 40 minutes from Toronto
- 10 Itinerary Help - Vancouver Area
- 11 Long Weekend Toronto
- 12 Cape Breton Island in second half of May
- 13 Vancouver transportation from Port to Airport
- 14 Vancouver Island in 8 day
- 15 1 Night between Charlotteown & Halifax
- 16 Help planning trip to Calgary/Lake Louise
- 17 roadtrip from Niagara Falls ON to east coast
- 18 Newfoundland Trip Ideas - August
- 19 My Trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 20 My first trip to Toronto
- 21 where to stay in Prince Edward Island
- 22 Shuttle service from YYZ
- 23 East Coast Road trip from Ottawa to NB, PEI, NS (14 days door-to-door)
- 24 Visa required in Victoria for 6 hour cruise ship stop?
- 25 Cross border rental