Looking at a map of Charlottetown, it looks like the central part is roughly the rectangle of streets between Euston and Water St., and between Rochford and Weymouth Streets.
I'm planning on using Charlottetown as a roughly weeklong base or so next summer for some cycling adventures on PEI (I live in Montreal). My thought was to relax and enjoy what central Charlottetown has to offer for one or two of the days, my plan being to walk around and chill in Charlottetown. Since I don't drive, my question is: if I stay near/in what seems to me the central part listed above, while I see there are some restaurants and pubs recommended in my guidebook, are there amenities such as pharmacies, cafes or a market/grocery store, or is it one of these North American towns where you have to own a car to get to the nearest market/supermarket? I might be able to manage groceries with my bike on a pleasant day if need be... but on a rainy day, it would be nice to have a grocery store nearby.
Do you have any favourite streets near this central grid(I enjoy older homes/buildings, architectural flourish) that you especially appreciate (I'll check them out if you like them)? I enjoy parks too, so I guess Victoria Park is where to head to? Vegetarian/healthy restaurant suggestions will be welcomed too...
Best wishes, Daniel
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 2 Skiing in Whistler
- 3 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 4 lodging in whistler
- 5 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 6 BC or Alberta drives
- 7 Torino in february
- 8 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 9 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast
- 10 My Family Travle Vlog
- 11 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 12 Nova Scotia: Fort Louisbourg?
- 13 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 14 What is famous in canada?
- 15 Looking for fellow travellers
- 16 Banff conference- 2 days to sightsee
- 17 Pacific Central Rail Station Vancouver--Taxi?
- 18 Boston to Cabot Trail for foliage
- 19 Happy Canada Day
- 20 Calgary plus Canada Rockies- Advice
- 21 Across Canada by Train
- 22 Montreal & Quebec City
- 23 Ottawa in December
- 24 Recommended car hire
- 25 Nova Scotia and Quebec