Looking at a map of Charlottetown, it looks like the central part is roughly the rectangle of streets between Euston and Water St., and between Rochford and Weymouth Streets.
I'm planning on using Charlottetown as a roughly weeklong base or so next summer for some cycling adventures on PEI (I live in Montreal). My thought was to relax and enjoy what central Charlottetown has to offer for one or two of the days, my plan being to walk around and chill in Charlottetown. Since I don't drive, my question is: if I stay near/in what seems to me the central part listed above, while I see there are some restaurants and pubs recommended in my guidebook, are there amenities such as pharmacies, cafes or a market/grocery store, or is it one of these North American towns where you have to own a car to get to the nearest market/supermarket? I might be able to manage groceries with my bike on a pleasant day if need be... but on a rainy day, it would be nice to have a grocery store nearby.
Do you have any favourite streets near this central grid(I enjoy older homes/buildings, architectural flourish) that you especially appreciate (I'll check them out if you like them)? I enjoy parks too, so I guess Victoria Park is where to head to? Vegetarian/healthy restaurant suggestions will be welcomed too...
Best wishes, Daniel
central Charlottetown: walkable with amenities?
- 1 alberta is experiencing a big storm dec 2
- 2 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 3 Looking for suggestions: Banff activities for 7-year old
- 4 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 5 Ucluelet or Tofino
- 6 Banff/Canmore, Lake Louise (Field?) and Jasper in July
- 7 Golden, British Columbia
- 8 Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver - May/June 14
- 9 Northern Lights at Banff National Park in Winter?
- 10 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 11 Best time of year and place for salmon fishing
- 12 tofino kayaking and fishing
- 13 Hiking Crypt Lake in May
- 14 Trip to Maritime Provinces
- 15 HELP ! Where to move in Vancouver?
- 16 Christmas Eve Dinner in Quebec City with kids
- 17 Which area to live in Kelowna? Help please.
- 18 America by Rail
- 19 trip - Calgary, Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise -- where to stay?
- 20 Travel partner to Banff AB
- 21 Canadians with second home in Phoenix -- gift ideas?
- 22 Best SIM card for use in Canada - mainly for data
- 23 Information needed
- 24 Reliable Taxis in Vancouver
- 25 Nice Restaurant in Guelph Area