Looking at a map of Charlottetown, it looks like the central part is roughly the rectangle of streets between Euston and Water St., and between Rochford and Weymouth Streets.
I'm planning on using Charlottetown as a roughly weeklong base or so next summer for some cycling adventures on PEI (I live in Montreal). My thought was to relax and enjoy what central Charlottetown has to offer for one or two of the days, my plan being to walk around and chill in Charlottetown. Since I don't drive, my question is: if I stay near/in what seems to me the central part listed above, while I see there are some restaurants and pubs recommended in my guidebook, are there amenities such as pharmacies, cafes or a market/grocery store, or is it one of these North American towns where you have to own a car to get to the nearest market/supermarket? I might be able to manage groceries with my bike on a pleasant day if need be... but on a rainy day, it would be nice to have a grocery store nearby.
Do you have any favourite streets near this central grid(I enjoy older homes/buildings, architectural flourish) that you especially appreciate (I'll check them out if you like them)? I enjoy parks too, so I guess Victoria Park is where to head to? Vegetarian/healthy restaurant suggestions will be welcomed too...
Best wishes, Daniel
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://getmysupplement.com/male-x-pro/
- 2 Nova Scotia Cabot Trail- Which hikes to consider?
- 3 Overnight en route to Fogo Island
- 4 Winter resort offering snowshoeing, dog sledding and boat trip
- 5 Pre- and post-cruise plans
- 6 Storing luggage in Vancouver
- 7 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 8 Work Visa Cutt off Age
- 9 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 10 Quebec to yarmouth
- 11 Visit to the Maritimes Aug 2 - 11
- 12 Restaurants in Banff and Jasper / Canadian Rockies
- 13 5 hour layover in Toronto on a Tuesday
- 14 Toronto lodging for 15 people - something unique?
- 15 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 16 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 17 Bears in Britsch Columbia and Alberta
- 18 Nova Scotia Wineries
- 19 Getting from Anchorage to Chicago Via Train?
- 20 Traveling to the maritimes this summer
- 21 Pearson Airport logistics
- 22 Based in PEI, visit to NS or NB?
- 23 Columbia Icefields Parkway
- 24 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 25 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge