Looking at a map of Charlottetown, it looks like the central part is roughly the rectangle of streets between Euston and Water St., and between Rochford and Weymouth Streets.
I'm planning on using Charlottetown as a roughly weeklong base or so next summer for some cycling adventures on PEI (I live in Montreal). My thought was to relax and enjoy what central Charlottetown has to offer for one or two of the days, my plan being to walk around and chill in Charlottetown. Since I don't drive, my question is: if I stay near/in what seems to me the central part listed above, while I see there are some restaurants and pubs recommended in my guidebook, are there amenities such as pharmacies, cafes or a market/grocery store, or is it one of these North American towns where you have to own a car to get to the nearest market/supermarket? I might be able to manage groceries with my bike on a pleasant day if need be... but on a rainy day, it would be nice to have a grocery store nearby.
Do you have any favourite streets near this central grid(I enjoy older homes/buildings, architectural flourish) that you especially appreciate (I'll check them out if you like them)? I enjoy parks too, so I guess Victoria Park is where to head to? Vegetarian/healthy restaurant suggestions will be welcomed too...
Best wishes, Daniel
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 2 9 day Itinerary Banff Lake Louise Jasper
- 3 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 4 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 5 What are best Caribbean restaurants in Toronto?
- 6 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 7 Detroit to Windsor must do's
- 8 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 9 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 10 Temporary residency in Canada
- 11 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 12 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 13 water filtration
- 14 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 15 Montreal & Quebec Trip Report
- 16 Western Canada in August
- 17 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 18 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 19 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 20 Jasper with two elderly
- 21 Dempster highway in early September
- 22 jasper
- 23 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 24 Toronto-afternoon tea
- 25 BC Ferries Experience Card