My husband and I are planning a rail trip to the Canadian rockies this fall. We are looking into either a planned tour with a tour company or planning a trip on our own. We will be going from Vancouver to Calgary or the reverse of that. We are finding very high prices on most of the tours available. We were wondering if we could cut cost by planning it ourselves. Does the canadian rail take you through areas worth seeing. Just not sure what to do!
canadian rockies trip
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Help us see Vancouver island
- 2 Montreal Jazz Festival
- 3 First visit to Montreal, hotel and sightseeing recommendations needed
- 4 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 5 Corporate party
- 6 travelling from Vancouver to Churchill
- 7 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 8 Vancouver Trip Feb 16-20,2015
- 9 Road trip from Vacouver to Alaska.
- 10 Things to see and do on route from Twillingate to St. john's NL
- 11 2 months Canada and USA with alaska cruise
- 12 Driving from PEI to Edmonton, Alberta (end of Jan. beginning of Feb. 2015)
- 13 Stay at Niagara Falls or downtown?
- 14 itinerary help with a British Columbia+Alaska road trip
- 15 Calgary or Lake Louise?
- 16 Gulf Islands - anybody been to Galiano Island?
- 17 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 18 Travelling from Toronto to Quebec City and New Brunswick
- 19 2 days in Vancouver
- 20 Best way to get mobile data in Canada?
- 21 Montreal - Old Town or Plateau district?
- 22 8 days in NL
- 23 Montreal transportation pass
- 24 Ottawa and Thousand Islands
- 25 Best land travel for Canadian Maritines