Two youngish senior couples (non-hikers) driving the Rockies in mid Sept (9-17). After driving to Salmon Arm from Vancouver, based on some online input several months ago, we head to Lake Louise, go to Jasper and then double back to Banff (Canmore) and fly home from Calgary. Itinerary and places for us to stop is as follows:
Lake Louise (2 nights)
Trails around Lake
Chateau Lake Louise Hotel
Lake Louise Gondola
Emerald Lake and Takkakaw Falls
Icefields Parkway to Jasper
Wilcox Pass Hike-
Snowcoach to Glacier –
Bow Valley (Highway 1A to Banff)
Minnewanka boat tour
Canmore for lodging (2 nights)
Comments on itinerary appreciated, but specific question about the drive from Lake Louise to Jasper and back. Must we (and should we) take the Icefields to and from Jasper? Anything missing?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Verizon's Yahoo Gives Yahoo's Customer Service I*844*29I*67O6* Nmber
- 2 Eastern Canada trip with 3 kids -- advice/itinerary needed
- 3 Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise, Calgary ITINERARY
- 4 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 5 Travel agencies in Toronto, ON, Canada
- 6 Driving From Vancouver to Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise all over
- 7 4 Days Vancouver & 5 in Whistler
- 8 Keltic Lodge
- 9 Cat Ferry to Nova Scotia?
- 10 Nature drive in Canada and the U.S.
- 11 Question on Staying on Nova Scotia
- 12 Niagara Falls - 2 Nights Family of 4
- 13 NS and PEI with elderly traveller
- 14 Icefields Parkway
- 15 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 16 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 17 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 18 Vancouver to Ft St John/return - summer road trip
- 19 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 20 Banff to Jasper and back
- 21 Canmore for a few days
- 22 The Canadian
- 23 2 weeks ‘corridor’, lowbudget daytrips by public bus, book on the spot?
- 24 Road from Calgary to Whitehorse
- 25 Restaurants in Jasper, Alberta