Two youngish senior couples (non-hikers) driving the Rockies in mid Sept (9-17). After driving to Salmon Arm from Vancouver, based on some online input several months ago, we head to Lake Louise, go to Jasper and then double back to Banff (Canmore) and fly home from Calgary. Itinerary and places for us to stop is as follows:
Lake Louise (2 nights)
Trails around Lake
Chateau Lake Louise Hotel
Lake Louise Gondola
Emerald Lake and Takkakaw Falls
Icefields Parkway to Jasper
Wilcox Pass Hike-
Snowcoach to Glacier –
Bow Valley (Highway 1A to Banff)
Minnewanka boat tour
Canmore for lodging (2 nights)
Comments on itinerary appreciated, but specific question about the drive from Lake Louise to Jasper and back. Must we (and should we) take the Icefields to and from Jasper? Anything missing?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Temporary residency in Canada
- 2 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 3 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 4 water filtration
- 5 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 6 Montreal & Quebec Trip Report
- 7 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 8 Western Canada in August
- 9 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 10 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 11 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 12 Jasper with two elderly
- 13 Dempster highway in early September
- 14 jasper
- 15 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 16 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 17 Toronto-afternoon tea
- 18 BC Ferries Experience Card
- 19 Banff, and Glacier National Park
- 20 Canadian Layover - OVI deemed Inadmissable
- 21 Pearson Canada Customs from Boston
- 22 Whistler Shuttle Bus
- 23 Banff
- 24 St John's, NL Camping?
- 25 Christmas in Quebec City