Two youngish senior couples (non-hikers) driving the Rockies in mid Sept (9-17). After driving to Salmon Arm from Vancouver, based on some online input several months ago, we head to Lake Louise, go to Jasper and then double back to Banff (Canmore) and fly home from Calgary. Itinerary and places for us to stop is as follows:
Lake Louise (2 nights)
Trails around Lake
Chateau Lake Louise Hotel
Lake Louise Gondola
Emerald Lake and Takkakaw Falls
Icefields Parkway to Jasper
Wilcox Pass Hike-
Snowcoach to Glacier –
Bow Valley (Highway 1A to Banff)
Minnewanka boat tour
Canmore for lodging (2 nights)
Comments on itinerary appreciated, but specific question about the drive from Lake Louise to Jasper and back. Must we (and should we) take the Icefields to and from Jasper? Anything missing?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Deontay Wilder vs Gerald Washington Live Stream
- 2 Nova Scotia Wineries
- 3 Nova Scotia Cabot Trail- Which hikes to consider?
- 4 YUL to Old Montreal with kids
- 5 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 6 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 7 Calgary, Banff, and Jasper
- 8 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 9 Traveling to the maritimes this summer
- 10 Quebec to yarmouth
- 11 6 hr Montreal Layover
- 12 Winter resort offering snowshoeing, dog sledding and boat trip
- 13 Overnight en route to Fogo Island
- 14 Pre- and post-cruise plans
- 15 Storing luggage in Vancouver
- 16 Work Visa Cutt off Age
- 17 Visit to the Maritimes Aug 2 - 11
- 18 Restaurants in Banff and Jasper / Canadian Rockies
- 19 5 hour layover in Toronto on a Tuesday
- 20 Toronto lodging for 15 people - something unique?
- 21 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 22 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 23 Bears in Britsch Columbia and Alberta
- 24 Getting from Anchorage to Chicago Via Train?
- 25 Pearson Airport logistics