Two youngish senior couples (non-hikers) driving the Rockies in mid Sept (9-17). After driving to Salmon Arm from Vancouver, based on some online input several months ago, we head to Lake Louise, go to Jasper and then double back to Banff (Canmore) and fly home from Calgary. Itinerary and places for us to stop is as follows:
Lake Louise (2 nights)
Trails around Lake
Chateau Lake Louise Hotel
Lake Louise Gondola
Emerald Lake and Takkakaw Falls
Icefields Parkway to Jasper
Wilcox Pass Hike-
Snowcoach to Glacier –
Bow Valley (Highway 1A to Banff)
Minnewanka boat tour
Canmore for lodging (2 nights)
Comments on itinerary appreciated, but specific question about the drive from Lake Louise to Jasper and back. Must we (and should we) take the Icefields to and from Jasper? Anything missing?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vancouver for Christmas
- 2 Border crossing
- 3 Help for Central Canada Itinerary
- 4 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 5 Eastern Townships late Dec. 2016
- 6 Alternatives to expensive hotel parking in Niagara Falls, Canada?
- 7 Eastern Canada Itinerary
- 8 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 9 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 10 March in Montreal?
- 11 Eastern Canada in December
- 12 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 13 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 14 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 15 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 16 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 17 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 18 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 19 Tofino
- 20 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 21 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 22 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 23 11th and 12th grade
- 24 Vancouver trip report!
- 25 Moving to Nova Scotia