Hello everyone, My wife and I are planning a ten day trip to the Canadian Rockies from June 8,2013 until June 18, 2013. We will be flying into Calgary and would like to visit the areas of Banff, Lake Louise, and Jasper. We both love the outdoors but my wife no longer enjoys roughing it too much. My first decision is wheather to rent an rv or rent a car and rent rooms along the way.Because the rv would be our only transportation, and we want to expore other areas around the rv parks, i don't know if an rv is the best choice or not. Also I don't want to stay in a crowded "parking lot" called an rv park..We love wild flowers and uncrowded places and would be up for two hour hikes to find them. Also what is the best way to divide our time between these three main areas. I'm hearing that most people prefere Jasper over Banff ? How many days at each place and "must see" places at each...Thank-you for any information that you are willing to share, John
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 no foreign transaction fee, possible?
- 2 Newfoundland and Labrador with young children
- 3 Whistler, Jasper, Banff 13 nights, thoughts on must see/dos?
- 4 Ottawa, Montreal and Quabec in 10 days late November ?
- 5 The hotel called one king west in Toronto
- 6 Help us see Vancouver island
- 7 Montreal vs Quebec City for Canada Day
- 8 NOTL weather in Sept
- 9 Calgary Banff LL Edmonton
- 10 Banff and Jasper National Parks
- 11 Visit to Nova Scotia and PEI
- 12 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 13 birthday trip
- 14 3 Days in Newfoundland
- 15 Vancouver - Seattle - Portland
- 16 Driving from Victoria to Tofino
- 17 Best hikes in Banff
- 18 Victoria
- 19 Hotels in Toronto
- 20 Advice trip to Canada
- 21 Martimes Vacation: flying from Wpg to Halifax (2 weeks)
- 22 Credit Valley Explorer Railway Timetable and Prices
- 23 Fundy Parkway NB vs Cabot Trail Cape Breton NS - if you had to choose?
- 24 Maritime Road Trip from Ottawa - HELP !
- 25 Downtown Montreal Restaurants