Hello everyone, My wife and I are planning a ten day trip to the Canadian Rockies from June 8,2013 until June 18, 2013. We will be flying into Calgary and would like to visit the areas of Banff, Lake Louise, and Jasper. We both love the outdoors but my wife no longer enjoys roughing it too much. My first decision is wheather to rent an rv or rent a car and rent rooms along the way.Because the rv would be our only transportation, and we want to expore other areas around the rv parks, i don't know if an rv is the best choice or not. Also I don't want to stay in a crowded "parking lot" called an rv park..We love wild flowers and uncrowded places and would be up for two hour hikes to find them. Also what is the best way to divide our time between these three main areas. I'm hearing that most people prefere Jasper over Banff ? How many days at each place and "must see" places at each...Thank-you for any information that you are willing to share, John
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Taxi Stand near Saint Jean Baptiste in Montreal
- 2 Confused about VIA rail options - upper berth, cabin?
- 3 December activities for kids in downtown Toronto?
- 4 Toronto: where to stay?
- 5 Alberta????
- 6 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 7 moving from Saskatchewan - choices
- 8 Ottawa and Montreal New Years
- 9 Wifi rental
- 10 Your favorite travel web sites?
- 11 Short term lodging
- 12 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 13 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 14 Vancouver island or Northern West
- 15 Vancouver top restaurant
- 16 Montreal Entertainment
- 17 Heli skiing in March
- 18 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 19 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 20 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 21 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 22 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 23 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 24 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 25 Three days in Halifax - One being daytrip to PEI.