Hello everyone, My wife and I are planning a ten day trip to the Canadian Rockies from June 8,2013 until June 18, 2013. We will be flying into Calgary and would like to visit the areas of Banff, Lake Louise, and Jasper. We both love the outdoors but my wife no longer enjoys roughing it too much. My first decision is wheather to rent an rv or rent a car and rent rooms along the way.Because the rv would be our only transportation, and we want to expore other areas around the rv parks, i don't know if an rv is the best choice or not. Also I don't want to stay in a crowded "parking lot" called an rv park..We love wild flowers and uncrowded places and would be up for two hour hikes to find them. Also what is the best way to divide our time between these three main areas. I'm hearing that most people prefere Jasper over Banff ? How many days at each place and "must see" places at each...Thank-you for any information that you are willing to share, John
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Two choices for PEI house for a week; which is better?
- 2 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 3 Camping in Canada: sleeping with bears
- 4 NYC to Montreal by train
- 5 Any reviews of Wildland Tours?
- 6 Where to stay in Banff?
- 7 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 8 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 9 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 10 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 11 Transport of cremated remains
- 12 Rockies trip in June.
- 13 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 14 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 15 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 16 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 17 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 18 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 19 First cut Newfoundland itinerary
- 20 7 Days in Newfoundland
- 21 boarder crossing question
- 22 Best Areas to Stay in Montreal
- 23 Calgary hotel help needed
- 24 Air Canada vs Westjet for flight to Barbados from Toronto
- 25 a week in St John's, NL