Hello everyone, My wife and I are planning a ten day trip to the Canadian Rockies from June 8,2013 until June 18, 2013. We will be flying into Calgary and would like to visit the areas of Banff, Lake Louise, and Jasper. We both love the outdoors but my wife no longer enjoys roughing it too much. My first decision is wheather to rent an rv or rent a car and rent rooms along the way.Because the rv would be our only transportation, and we want to expore other areas around the rv parks, i don't know if an rv is the best choice or not. Also I don't want to stay in a crowded "parking lot" called an rv park..We love wild flowers and uncrowded places and would be up for two hour hikes to find them. Also what is the best way to divide our time between these three main areas. I'm hearing that most people prefere Jasper over Banff ? How many days at each place and "must see" places at each...Thank-you for any information that you are willing to share, John
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 2 Lodging in Lake Louise
- 3 17 days in Newfoundland - a good start!
- 4 Ile d'Orléans & Côte-de-Beaupré - getting around on day trips
- 5 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 6 Need help planning travel around New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 7 Stay inside Algonquin park
- 8 Montreal for work -- what to see?
- 9 Brian zucker : choosing between Toronto and Niagara falls
- 10 Buddy MacMaster RIP
- 11 NB, PEI, Nova Scotia in Oct
- 12 Quebec City - week before Christmas or New Year
- 13 Good Restaurants nearby Niagra?
- 14 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 15 Orange County car services for birthdays
- 16 Rockies Weather Profile for September?
- 17 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 18 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 19 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 20 gasrun.ca, ever wonder how much it costs to drive from A to B?
- 21 Halifax-PEI
- 22 PEI and Nova Scotia
- 23 4 days in Vancouver Island
- 24 Torn about our July multi-generation vacation
- 25 Connecticut to Nova Scotia