My fiancé and I have flights booked to Greece in just under 3 months and we have a 1 hour and 10 minute layover in Canada on our way there. I received an OVI 4 years ago (traffic violation in the states, but it is considered a criminal charge in Canada) so I have learned that I am technically inadmissible. I have done a lot of research and have determined that my options are:
1. Show up at the border and hope that the Border Guard is not in a bad mood that day and grants me an OB 389(?)
2. Apply for a TRP (Temporary Resident Permit) on my own which there is no guarantee it would be processed in time (in fact it is likely to NOT process anywhere near in time)
3. Pay an Immigration Attorney $1,300+ to prepare the paperwork for me and get it in my hands to present at the border
We are unable to cancel our flights as they are through Air Canada and all have layovers in Toronto - so then we would have $2,100 in useless flight credits (not to mention the straight loss of $400 in change fees).
What I am WONDERING is how many people in my situation (1 time OVI, no other charges before or since, only "entering" the country for a quick layover) have actually been sent BACK to the states when showing up without the TRP paperwork in hand??? I am really trying to understand how often this happens.
I really appreciate everyone's POV =)
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 포유카지노 c p s 33 . c o m
- 2 에비앙카지노 c p s 33 . c o m
- 3 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 4 May2018 Banff accomodations
- 5 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 6 Saguenay & Sydney...Anything to See/Do?
- 7 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 8 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 9 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 10 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 11 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 12 going to banff/jasper in may 2018
- 13 BC or Alberta drives
- 14 Torino in february
- 15 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 16 Vancouver to Seattle?
- 17 Canadian Thanksgiving Long Weekend Roadtrip Ideas
- 18 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 19 Skiing in Whistler
- 20 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 21 lodging in whistler
- 22 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 23 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast
- 24 My Family Travle Vlog
- 25 Banff - best route to visit these highlights