My wife and I will be traveling to Buffalo New York in May for a weekend. We are also considering visiting Niagara Falls and Canada prior to the arriving in Buffalo. We will have around a week total time for the trip. Neither of us have ever been to Canada, Niagara Falls or Buffalo. It looks like Toronto, Montreal and Quebec City are relatively close to Niagara falls so I am considering flying into one of those cities, then spending some time in the surrounding area of Canada, making my way down to Niagara Falls, then ending up in Buffalo. Are there any issues for a U.S. citizen getting a rental car in Canada, driving around there, then returning it near the border or in the U.S? Is there efficient public transportation for this route if I do not get a rental car? Please recommend places to visit in this region of Canada. My wife and I are both fairly active, and we like to get out to sight-see. It would also be nice to get a diverse experience of Canada.
Thank you in advance for your responses!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Toronto Union Station area for a few evening hours
- 2 Banff in early June
- 3 Jasper hike out-cabin October
- 4 Planning a 2 week 'taste' of Canada
- 5 Roadtrip ON-NL
- 6 Quebec City in mid-November
- 7 5 day road trip from Vancouver to Calgary
- 8 Lake Louise to Seattle Washington
- 9 Places to stay in Kelowna, British Columbia
- 10 Eastern Canada in December
- 11 Preferred Route for Driving the Rockies in November
- 12 Calgary
- 13 Tofino
- 14 Vegetarian Restaurant Recommendations Quebec City
- 15 Gypsy Guide to Driving the Icefield Parkway
- 16 Would you stay in Quesnel?
- 17 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 18 Toronto or Quebec City?
- 19 Banff in October
- 20 Halifax Nova Scotia to Peggy's Cove
- 21 Quebec City in autumn
- 22 Feedback on itinerary - Mid October Banff/Lake Louise/jasper
- 23 Quebec City
- 24 Family ski holiday
- 25 First Time Trip To Canada!!