My wife and I will be traveling to Buffalo New York in May for a weekend. We are also considering visiting Niagara Falls and Canada prior to the arriving in Buffalo. We will have around a week total time for the trip. Neither of us have ever been to Canada, Niagara Falls or Buffalo. It looks like Toronto, Montreal and Quebec City are relatively close to Niagara falls so I am considering flying into one of those cities, then spending some time in the surrounding area of Canada, making my way down to Niagara Falls, then ending up in Buffalo. Are there any issues for a U.S. citizen getting a rental car in Canada, driving around there, then returning it near the border or in the U.S? Is there efficient public transportation for this route if I do not get a rental car? Please recommend places to visit in this region of Canada. My wife and I are both fairly active, and we like to get out to sight-see. It would also be nice to get a diverse experience of Canada.
Thank you in advance for your responses!
Canada, Niagara Falls and Buffalo NY Trip – Please Advise
- 1 Canadian Rodeo in early to mid July --- somewhere near Montreal or Ontario?
- 2 Preclearing US customs in Canada
- 3 Vancouver + Vancouver Island August Trip
- 4 Need help, can't decide
- 5 Hike/Trail recommendations in Banff?
- 6 Parksville Or Nanaimo
- 7 NIAGARA FALLS TO RAPID CITY MOST SCENIC ROUTE PLEASE
- 8 Info about Visiting Yoho's Lake O'Hara, please!
- 9 Transportation from Toronto to Niagara Falls
- 10 Reservations needed for BC ferries between Tsawwassen and Swartz Bay?
- 11 2 weeks in vancouver with small baby
- 12 How similar are the Tofino area of B.C. and the San Juan Islands of WA state?
- 13 help! quebec city with a toddler.
- 14 Sidney, Pender, Galiano, Saturna - best route?
- 15 Brier Island versus Digby (or Annapolis Royal)
- 16 Road Trip from Montreal to PEI to Cape Breton
- 17 Hotel or B and B in Halifax
- 18 chartered power boat trip for family of 5 from Vancouver Island
- 19 Having difficulty finding lodging in Tofino
- 20 13 nights; 12 days in British Columbia - need itinerary
- 21 train travel
- 22 Montreal Hotel for First Time Visitors
- 23 Rental Car Canada and MT
- 24 Canada Rockies train trip + parks
- 25 Tea at the Buchart Gardens?