My wife and I will be traveling to Buffalo New York in May for a weekend. We are also considering visiting Niagara Falls and Canada prior to the arriving in Buffalo. We will have around a week total time for the trip. Neither of us have ever been to Canada, Niagara Falls or Buffalo. It looks like Toronto, Montreal and Quebec City are relatively close to Niagara falls so I am considering flying into one of those cities, then spending some time in the surrounding area of Canada, making my way down to Niagara Falls, then ending up in Buffalo. Are there any issues for a U.S. citizen getting a rental car in Canada, driving around there, then returning it near the border or in the U.S? Is there efficient public transportation for this route if I do not get a rental car? Please recommend places to visit in this region of Canada. My wife and I are both fairly active, and we like to get out to sight-see. It would also be nice to get a diverse experience of Canada.
Thank you in advance for your responses!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Apply For Passport Online
- 2 Vancouver 3 days
- 3 American in Canada - Do you carry your passport?
- 4 Vancouver without a Car
- 5 Whistler
- 6 Montreal and Quebec City with Kids
- 7 Trip Between New York City and Toronto
- 8 Intro
- 9 5 day itinerary for Vancouver
- 10 First time & 5 days in Vancouver (trip report)
- 11 Victoria, BC weekend help
- 12 Road trip from Ithaca (NY) to Montreal/Quebec City?
- 13 Wheelchair in NOL, Toronto & Kingston
- 14 14 days self-drive Niagara north
- 15 Vancouver, Vancouver Island & Rockies road trip - HELP NEEDED
- 16 Need help in rain!
- 17 Banff Jasper Itinerary Help - Need ASAP Married Couple 9 days
- 18 Rv Campground trip
- 19 Chicago to London, ON, Canada
- 20 Weather September/October
- 21 driving from Richmond Hill, Onatio to Winnipeg, MB
- 22 First Time Trip
- 23 Waterton Lakes quick trip?
- 24 C train to Calgary Stampede
- 25 Victoria/Vancouver 3 nights