My wife and I will be traveling to Buffalo New York in May for a weekend. We are also considering visiting Niagara Falls and Canada prior to the arriving in Buffalo. We will have around a week total time for the trip. Neither of us have ever been to Canada, Niagara Falls or Buffalo. It looks like Toronto, Montreal and Quebec City are relatively close to Niagara falls so I am considering flying into one of those cities, then spending some time in the surrounding area of Canada, making my way down to Niagara Falls, then ending up in Buffalo. Are there any issues for a U.S. citizen getting a rental car in Canada, driving around there, then returning it near the border or in the U.S? Is there efficient public transportation for this route if I do not get a rental car? Please recommend places to visit in this region of Canada. My wife and I are both fairly active, and we like to get out to sight-see. It would also be nice to get a diverse experience of Canada.
Thank you in advance for your responses!
Canada, Niagara Falls and Buffalo NY Trip – Please Advise
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Victoria Dining
- 2 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 3 Lake Louise/Jasper trip report
- 4 Christmas Day in Quebec City
- 5 Is anyone has visited eagle lake in ontario
- 6 Quebec City trip.report
- 7 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 8 Family holiday in Canada ( winter)..accommodation in Montana and Idaho too!
- 9 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 10 Quebic City or Montreal
- 11 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 12 ft nelson bc
- 13 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 14 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 15 Happy Thanksgiving!!!
- 16 Niagara Falls October 10-12
- 17 canada in the winter?
- 18 Canada in winter
- 19 10 Day Trip to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick
- 20 Banff - Jasper weekend itinerary October
- 21 HELP revamping Nova Scotia trip due to illness
- 22 Telegraph cove
- 23 trip report rockies
- 24 iPhone in Canada
- 25 Bringing mountain bike on flight to Can Cun.