My wife and I will be traveling to Buffalo New York in May for a weekend. We are also considering visiting Niagara Falls and Canada prior to the arriving in Buffalo. We will have around a week total time for the trip. Neither of us have ever been to Canada, Niagara Falls or Buffalo. It looks like Toronto, Montreal and Quebec City are relatively close to Niagara falls so I am considering flying into one of those cities, then spending some time in the surrounding area of Canada, making my way down to Niagara Falls, then ending up in Buffalo. Are there any issues for a U.S. citizen getting a rental car in Canada, driving around there, then returning it near the border or in the U.S? Is there efficient public transportation for this route if I do not get a rental car? Please recommend places to visit in this region of Canada. My wife and I are both fairly active, and we like to get out to sight-see. It would also be nice to get a diverse experience of Canada.
Thank you in advance for your responses!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementscart.com/nitrocut/
- 2 BrITISH COLUMBIA IN 4 DAYS
- 3 Honeymoon in Canada. SUGGESTIONS?
- 4 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 5 need accommodation suggestions for Banff and Jasper
- 6 Banff conference- 2 days to sightsee
- 7 Nova Scotia and Quebec
- 8 7 Day Trip to PEI and Cape Breton Islands with Vegetarian Options
- 9 Best Jasper Campground
- 10 Freedom of speech in reviews
- 11 RV trip Calgary to Vancouver
- 12 Car Rental from Montreal to Boston
- 13 Victoria in December
- 14 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 15 Opportunity for business loan
- 16 BEWARE! - CAR RENTAL NIGHTMARE! London, Ontario
- 17 Road trip from Minneapolis to Ontario.. suggestions for 91yr old
- 18 Nova Scotia - October
- 19 Smoke at Banff and Jasper?
- 20 Low Altitude Mountain Destinations
- 21 Across Canada by Train
- 22 Mont Tremblant attractions
- 23 Victoria to Vancouver (best travel options)
- 24 Nova Scotia
- 25 Halifax/PE in 6 nights