My wife and I will be traveling to Buffalo New York in May for a weekend. We are also considering visiting Niagara Falls and Canada prior to the arriving in Buffalo. We will have around a week total time for the trip. Neither of us have ever been to Canada, Niagara Falls or Buffalo. It looks like Toronto, Montreal and Quebec City are relatively close to Niagara falls so I am considering flying into one of those cities, then spending some time in the surrounding area of Canada, making my way down to Niagara Falls, then ending up in Buffalo. Are there any issues for a U.S. citizen getting a rental car in Canada, driving around there, then returning it near the border or in the U.S? Is there efficient public transportation for this route if I do not get a rental car? Please recommend places to visit in this region of Canada. My wife and I are both fairly active, and we like to get out to sight-see. It would also be nice to get a diverse experience of Canada.
Thank you in advance for your responses!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 AVAST 1:800-681-7208 Installation :AVAST tec*h supp0rt contact tec*h 24*7
- 2 KODAK PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT KODAK Tec*h care 24/7
- 3 Metropolitan Movers North York ON - Moving Company
- 4 Quebec City/Montreal for Christmas
- 5 May2018 Banff accomodations
- 6 romantic dinner in Montreal suggestions
- 7 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 8 Vancouver Island in Winter
- 9 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 10 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 11 Saguenay & Sydney...Anything to See/Do?
- 12 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 13 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 14 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 15 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 16 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 17 going to banff/jasper in may 2018
- 18 BC or Alberta drives
- 19 Torino in february
- 20 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 21 Vancouver to Seattle?
- 22 Canadian Thanksgiving Long Weekend Roadtrip Ideas
- 23 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 24 Skiing in Whistler
- 25 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies