I'm planning to do a solo trip to Canada on Feb 13-27, 2016. I'd like to seek your help in fixing my itinerary. So far, here's what I have:
Feb 13-17: Vancouver (have a friend in Vancouver)
Feb 18-19: See Northern Lights in Banff? Jasper? Edmonton? (I want to see the Northern Lights but don't want to join a tour, and I'm not a wilderness kind of person so I don't think I can "rough it" in the forest)
Feb 20-22: Montreal
Feb 23-27: Toronto (have a friend in Toronto)
Now if you are asking why Feb, well, it's when the plane tickets are the cheapest. I fly in at Vancouver and fly out from Toronto.
Now I've been wanting to see the Northern Lights for some time now and read in blogs that Feb is a good time to see it. My friends in Canada have all not seen it yet and all they know is that I have to go up north to see it. They are recommending as well that I see the Rockies but as I mentioned above, I am not that outdoorsy so outdoor sports won't be my thing. I like to just stand and watch. Is it possible to see the Northern Lights where the Rockies are?
The # of days per city isn't cast in stone yet but I am super set on visiting Vancouver, Montreal and Toronto. Do you think this itinerary is reasonable?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 2 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 3 Traveling to the maritimes this summer
- 4 Quebec to yarmouth
- 5 Calgary, Banff, and Jasper
- 6 6 hr Montreal Layover
- 7 Winter resort offering snowshoeing, dog sledding and boat trip
- 8 Nova Scotia Cabot Trail- Which hikes to consider?
- 9 Overnight en route to Fogo Island
- 10 Pre- and post-cruise plans
- 11 Storing luggage in Vancouver
- 12 Work Visa Cutt off Age
- 13 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 14 Visit to the Maritimes Aug 2 - 11
- 15 Restaurants in Banff and Jasper / Canadian Rockies
- 16 5 hour layover in Toronto on a Tuesday
- 17 Toronto lodging for 15 people - something unique?
- 18 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 19 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 20 Bears in Britsch Columbia and Alberta
- 21 Nova Scotia Wineries
- 22 Getting from Anchorage to Chicago Via Train?
- 23 Pearson Airport logistics
- 24 Based in PEI, visit to NS or NB?
- 25 Columbia Icefields Parkway