I'm planning to do a solo trip to Canada on Feb 13-27, 2016. I'd like to seek your help in fixing my itinerary. So far, here's what I have:
Feb 13-17: Vancouver (have a friend in Vancouver)
Feb 18-19: See Northern Lights in Banff? Jasper? Edmonton? (I want to see the Northern Lights but don't want to join a tour, and I'm not a wilderness kind of person so I don't think I can "rough it" in the forest)
Feb 20-22: Montreal
Feb 23-27: Toronto (have a friend in Toronto)
Now if you are asking why Feb, well, it's when the plane tickets are the cheapest. I fly in at Vancouver and fly out from Toronto.
Now I've been wanting to see the Northern Lights for some time now and read in blogs that Feb is a good time to see it. My friends in Canada have all not seen it yet and all they know is that I have to go up north to see it. They are recommending as well that I see the Rockies but as I mentioned above, I am not that outdoorsy so outdoor sports won't be my thing. I like to just stand and watch. Is it possible to see the Northern Lights where the Rockies are?
The # of days per city isn't cast in stone yet but I am super set on visiting Vancouver, Montreal and Toronto. Do you think this itinerary is reasonable?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 2 Skiing in Whistler
- 3 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 4 lodging in whistler
- 5 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 6 BC or Alberta drives
- 7 Torino in february
- 8 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 9 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast
- 10 My Family Travle Vlog
- 11 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 12 Nova Scotia: Fort Louisbourg?
- 13 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 14 What is famous in canada?
- 15 Looking for fellow travellers
- 16 Banff conference- 2 days to sightsee
- 17 Pacific Central Rail Station Vancouver--Taxi?
- 18 Boston to Cabot Trail for foliage
- 19 Happy Canada Day
- 20 Calgary plus Canada Rockies- Advice
- 21 Across Canada by Train
- 22 Montreal & Quebec City
- 23 Ottawa in December
- 24 Recommended car hire
- 25 Nova Scotia and Quebec