I'm planning to do a solo trip to Canada on Feb 13-27, 2016. I'd like to seek your help in fixing my itinerary. So far, here's what I have:
Feb 13-17: Vancouver (have a friend in Vancouver)
Feb 18-19: See Northern Lights in Banff? Jasper? Edmonton? (I want to see the Northern Lights but don't want to join a tour, and I'm not a wilderness kind of person so I don't think I can "rough it" in the forest)
Feb 20-22: Montreal
Feb 23-27: Toronto (have a friend in Toronto)
Now if you are asking why Feb, well, it's when the plane tickets are the cheapest. I fly in at Vancouver and fly out from Toronto.
Now I've been wanting to see the Northern Lights for some time now and read in blogs that Feb is a good time to see it. My friends in Canada have all not seen it yet and all they know is that I have to go up north to see it. They are recommending as well that I see the Rockies but as I mentioned above, I am not that outdoorsy so outdoor sports won't be my thing. I like to just stand and watch. Is it possible to see the Northern Lights where the Rockies are?
The # of days per city isn't cast in stone yet but I am super set on visiting Vancouver, Montreal and Toronto. Do you think this itinerary is reasonable?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Two week taster
- 2 Fairmont Queen Elizabeth or Hotel Le St. James
- 3 Need help with Banff and Jasper Trip planning
- 4 Area between Montreal and Lake Champlain, VT
- 5 Itinerary help needed: Seattle, Olympic National Park,Victorian Vancouver
- 6 Translink and itinerary questions
- 7 Driving the Cabot Trail
- 8 Montreal Restaurants
- 9 Victoria Island
- 10 Traveling with your bike
- 11 Would love to hear thoughts on Nova Scotia, NB and a dip into Maine
- 12 Halifax/PE in 6 nights
- 13 Part Montreal, Part ?? 9 days
- 14 Bay of Fundy
- 15 Newfoundland by Public Transit! Can't Be Done!
- 16 Buying on Road Trip US>Canada>US
- 17 Banff/Yoho/Kootenay/Jasper Travelers Advice Please
- 18 Icebergs, Whales, Puffins and Potholes - A Newfoundland Adventure
- 19 First Hikes - Flatlanders
- 20 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 21 4 days in Montreal
- 22 Two Wonderful Weeks in the Maritimes
- 23 Best Urban N American Cycling: Ottawa?
- 24 Toronto hotel
- 25 Help us make the most of Victoria and Vancouver