I'm planning to do a solo trip to Canada on Feb 13-27, 2016. I'd like to seek your help in fixing my itinerary. So far, here's what I have:
Feb 13-17: Vancouver (have a friend in Vancouver)
Feb 18-19: See Northern Lights in Banff? Jasper? Edmonton? (I want to see the Northern Lights but don't want to join a tour, and I'm not a wilderness kind of person so I don't think I can "rough it" in the forest)
Feb 20-22: Montreal
Feb 23-27: Toronto (have a friend in Toronto)
Now if you are asking why Feb, well, it's when the plane tickets are the cheapest. I fly in at Vancouver and fly out from Toronto.
Now I've been wanting to see the Northern Lights for some time now and read in blogs that Feb is a good time to see it. My friends in Canada have all not seen it yet and all they know is that I have to go up north to see it. They are recommending as well that I see the Rockies but as I mentioned above, I am not that outdoorsy so outdoor sports won't be my thing. I like to just stand and watch. Is it possible to see the Northern Lights where the Rockies are?
The # of days per city isn't cast in stone yet but I am super set on visiting Vancouver, Montreal and Toronto. Do you think this itinerary is reasonable?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Transportation documents between SEA and YVR
- 2 Jasper/Banff holiday help
- 3 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 4 9 Days in a Camper Van, Alberta Rockies Itinerary
- 5 10 Days in Nova Scotia
- 6 Transportation questions Vancouver and Victoria
- 7 Small group tour for my parents
- 8 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 9 Romantic 4-Day July Getaway Ideas Needed
- 10 Hotel near Stanley Parc
- 11 Looking for travel lapel pins HELP
- 12 Itinerary feedback, please
- 13 Need Help!! 1 week itinerary vancouver, whistler & islands
- 14 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 15 Ocean Odyssey: Vancouver Island (and Vancouver)
- 16 Canada's 150th anniversary in the Maritimes
- 17 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 18 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 19 Best Way
- 20 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 21 Montreal and Quebec City in August
- 22 9 hour layover in Montreal, what to do?
- 23 Bay of Fundy
- 24 Toronto 2 nights from Buffalo
- 25 Best way to do Vancouver to Calgary as a group