My husband and I are from New Zealand and we are planning on taking our honeymoon in Canada (with a quick stop in the US at the beginning and end) in September/October. We have 5 weeks. Neither of us have been there before. We have our flights booked into Seattle and out of New York, but nothing booked in between!! We need some suggestions on things to do, best travel options, and any tips (ie which internal airlines to fly with, rental car companies, train etc). Any advice on any/all aspects of our itinerary would be much appreciated!
1. Fly into Seattle on 5 September (spend a few days visiting a friend) - suggestions on things to do?
2. Travel to Vancouver (trying to decide whether to get a one-way rental car or catch a train)?
3. Spend a few days in Vancouver- need to find accommodation here - suggestions? How long do we need in Vancouver?
4. Drive Vancouver to Calgary (a few stops along the way over a few days...looking for recommendations on the best route to take, how many days we should allow and places to stop/stay)
5. Stay with friends in Calgary and explore surrounds, Lake Louise etc (+- 10 days)
6. Fly to Montreal
7. Spend a few days in Montreal staying with a friend - again things to do/see/experience
8. Travel around Montreal surrounds (is there anywhere recommended to go for a few days?)
9. Fly Montreal to New York
10. Spend 4-5 days in New York
11.Fly back to New Zealand
We are in our early 30's and outdoorsy/active. We want a trip that's a blend of exploring, culture, music (gigs/concerts), food and adventure.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 토토총판하는법 《kakao: dnj2016 텔레그램 : speed2017 》
- 2 Question on Staying on Nova Scotia
- 3 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 4 Icefields Parkway
- 5 Cat Ferry to Nova Scotia?
- 6 Nature drive in Canada and the U.S.
- 7 Vancouver to Ft St John/return - summer road trip
- 8 4 Days Vancouver & 5 in Whistler
- 9 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 10 Niagara Falls - 2 Nights Family of 4
- 11 Banff to Jasper and back
- 12 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 13 Canmore for a few days
- 14 Keltic Lodge
- 15 The Canadian
- 16 2 weeks ‘corridor’, lowbudget daytrips by public bus, book on the spot?
- 17 Road from Calgary to Whitehorse
- 18 NS and PEI with elderly traveller
- 19 Restaurants in Jasper, Alberta
- 20 Getting from Vancouver to Nanaimo without a car
- 21 Going from Banff to Many Glacier without flying
- 22 East to West, Roadtrip
- 23 Tent camping with a dog
- 24 Help with Victoria get away
- 25 Help needed - Montreal/QC/Toronto Itinerary