My husband and I are from New Zealand and we are planning on taking our honeymoon in Canada (with a quick stop in the US at the beginning and end) in September/October. We have 5 weeks. Neither of us have been there before. We have our flights booked into Seattle and out of New York, but nothing booked in between!! We need some suggestions on things to do, best travel options, and any tips (ie which internal airlines to fly with, rental car companies, train etc). Any advice on any/all aspects of our itinerary would be much appreciated!
1. Fly into Seattle on 5 September (spend a few days visiting a friend) - suggestions on things to do?
2. Travel to Vancouver (trying to decide whether to get a one-way rental car or catch a train)?
3. Spend a few days in Vancouver- need to find accommodation here - suggestions? How long do we need in Vancouver?
4. Drive Vancouver to Calgary (a few stops along the way over a few days...looking for recommendations on the best route to take, how many days we should allow and places to stop/stay)
5. Stay with friends in Calgary and explore surrounds, Lake Louise etc (+- 10 days)
6. Fly to Montreal
7. Spend a few days in Montreal staying with a friend - again things to do/see/experience
8. Travel around Montreal surrounds (is there anywhere recommended to go for a few days?)
9. Fly Montreal to New York
10. Spend 4-5 days in New York
11.Fly back to New Zealand
We are in our early 30's and outdoorsy/active. We want a trip that's a blend of exploring, culture, music (gigs/concerts), food and adventure.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Buy Scanned Quality Real Fake Passports,Driver’s License,ID Cards
- 2 Nova Scotia Wineries
- 3 Nova Scotia Cabot Trail- Which hikes to consider?
- 4 YUL to Old Montreal with kids
- 5 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 6 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 7 Calgary, Banff, and Jasper
- 8 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 9 Traveling to the maritimes this summer
- 10 Quebec to yarmouth
- 11 6 hr Montreal Layover
- 12 Winter resort offering snowshoeing, dog sledding and boat trip
- 13 Overnight en route to Fogo Island
- 14 Pre- and post-cruise plans
- 15 Storing luggage in Vancouver
- 16 Work Visa Cutt off Age
- 17 Visit to the Maritimes Aug 2 - 11
- 18 Restaurants in Banff and Jasper / Canadian Rockies
- 19 5 hour layover in Toronto on a Tuesday
- 20 Toronto lodging for 15 people - something unique?
- 21 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 22 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 23 Bears in Britsch Columbia and Alberta
- 24 Getting from Anchorage to Chicago Via Train?
- 25 Pearson Airport logistics